The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FOTW threads rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

FOTW threads rules Empty
PostSubject: FOTW threads rules   FOTW threads rules I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 6:42 pm

OK, this was just brought to my attention. I know I havent been posting the rules I would like for us to go by for the FOTW threads cause I didnt want to flood the first page with a bunch of rules. But it has come to my attention that I need to. So from this point on, Ill be posting the rules we ALL need to follow as laid out in the Luke Farmboy thread.

Rule 1: Think before you type. So before you decide to have a Hutthunter moment, calm down. As I said I want to keep this all level-headed so we can have a nice and decent discussion. Deep down Im still a variant collector, but Im not interested in production stuff right now.

Rule 2. Take opinions with a grain of salt. If you find a discolored looking figure that doesnt match the critria of a discolored figure and someone says it is, look at Rule #1. So be respectful to those who are helping you.

Rule 3. If you dont know, dont say. If you got theories, make sure you got some sorta proof to back it up. Nothings worse than having theories with no proof. No off the wall comments or one word liners. This will strictly be discussion only. So that means no Cool, Awesome, etc.

Rule 4. If your not sure, ask. If you have a figure your not sure if its a real variant, you can ask in the thread. But do remember rules #1 and 2. But I do want you to read this thread before you do ask about it.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3379-everything-you-always-wanted-to-know-about-discolored-figures-but-were-afraid-to-ask?highlight=luke+farmboy

So if it fits with any of the definitions to it being discolored or deteriated, leave it out. I dont want the thread to be flooded with them.

Rule 5. Factory Errors will be allowed. Those are just as cool as variants without being one. Factory Errors are just that, nothing more.

Last but not least

Rule 6. Have fun. I want this to be a fun and exciting thread, so keep rules 1 and 2 in mind. If I see that the discussion is heading in the wrong way, I will give you a warning. I strongly believe in second chances, but not 3. Also, read the whole thread before you ask a question. Your answer may be there already.

Any off the wall comments will be deleted as of today. So keep that in mind before you make a post in one. I hate to sound rude, but I cant say enough that the threads are for discussion only. If you want to tell someone their items are nice, pm them and tell them. But if you do post it in the thread, ask something that will keep the threads on topic. I dont do special favors for no one. An Admin or Mod could post up an off the wall comment and Ill even ask them to remove it. So lets all keep the threads clean and fun for everybody.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

FOTW threads rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOTW threads rules   FOTW threads rules I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 1:26 am

" If you want to tell someone their items are nice, pm them and tell them " or click the ' + '

FOTW threads rules Starwars
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

FOTW threads rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOTW threads rules   FOTW threads rules I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 7:04 am

Another thing I want to touch on is multi quotes. Try to refrain from quoting something thats been quote 6 times already. Very Happy Let me make this clear on what Im getting at. Quoting someones post is fine, but when you continue quoting the posts one after another does fill up a page quick. And alot of times, you dont have to quote the whole thing. As in this.

Quote :
" If you want to tell someone their items are nice, pm them and tell them " or click the ' + '

The point is made without quoting the whole post. The pix wasnt needed with that. Lets all help on keeping things clean and not flooded. I know it might seem like its nit-picking, but I'm just putting out there whats been brought to my attention that I never addressed before that needed to be.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

FOTW threads rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOTW threads rules   FOTW threads rules I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 7:30 am

Nice. Cool. Awesome. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FOTW threads rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOTW threads rules   FOTW threads rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FOTW threads rules

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1