The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

can you point out interesting auctions on ebay?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

can you point out interesting auctions on ebay? Empty
PostSubject: can you point out interesting auctions on ebay?   can you point out interesting auctions on ebay? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 7:53 pm

I go on ebay almost every day and sometimes i see things that are interesting but i have no money to buy it or it just does not fall in my line of interest like Lilly Ledy stuff.

I know that at rebelscum you get in trouble if you point out ebay auctions to others and it is highly frowned upon.

But i was wondering if the same rules apply here. I mean if i think i am seeing something that i know someone would like to have then why not point it out? I know it may start a bid war amongst people here but that's their business not mine. Personally i see no harm done to point a good deal to someone. But i thought i would check first.

I want to know if this is permissible or not.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: can you point out interesting auctions on ebay?   can you point out interesting auctions on ebay? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:33 pm

same rules applies here

the trick is to pm the link to those you think might be interested in it Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: can you point out interesting auctions on ebay?   can you point out interesting auctions on ebay? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:52 pm

PM on your way, Bud! Very Happy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320861918552
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: can you point out interesting auctions on ebay?   can you point out interesting auctions on ebay? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:40 pm

budspencer wrote:
I know it may start a bid war amongst people ...... i see no harm done to point a good deal to someone.

I want to know if this is permissible or not.

Cheers!

a bidding war does not end in a good deal for someone- other than the seller Wink
No live auction links please (or freshly completed ones)

exceptions are fakes, amusingly priced high, crazy costume....
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: can you point out interesting auctions on ebay?   can you point out interesting auctions on ebay? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 5:42 pm

Or Ewoks. AJ is the only one here who likes Ewoks. lol!

You want to see what outting an auction can do to someones wallet? Ask JoeY. He'll tell you what one outting did to his a few years back. He still got a deal but not like he should have if the person on RS didnt ask the "Is this real?" question. Outting auctions is one of the worst things done in this hobby next to plain old scamming or someone backing out of a deal after its been set up for a couple weeks, both buyer and seller.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: can you point out interesting auctions on ebay?   can you point out interesting auctions on ebay? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:40 am

yes i tought about this after... i ll desist but still feel that some people would benefit but i dont want to create any problems so ill keep this to myself...

cheers
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: can you point out interesting auctions on ebay?   can you point out interesting auctions on ebay? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:37 pm

If you see something that someone else might like, pm them with the auction link. Ive had fellow collectors do that for me over the years and Ive done the same. Thats the only way anyone would benefit from it. The way your asking for it to be done will create too much comp for a piece that may not have been listed right, wrong catagory, wrong wording, etc. than a normal search for the item had to begin with.

Hope JoeY doesnt mind me posting the link to the RS thread, been 5 years ago this coming Sunday, but heres a prime example that I was talking about.

Polish Snowtrooper

This is one reason why theres a no outting rule, at least until the buyer has left feedback for the item.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can you point out interesting auctions on ebay?   can you point out interesting auctions on ebay? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

can you point out interesting auctions on ebay?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1