The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 7:51 am

SW 20 bk
[img]The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 3 Dscn4717[/img]
[img]The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 3 Dscn4718[/img]
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 9:54 am

orangpendek wrote:
Rawlin wrote:

The hands are matt black normal jawa color. It's going in the donation bin Razz this one can't be real.

I've only owned like 10 jawas but I've seen pretty many, haven't really payed much attention though, but one in that large army of jawas posted earlier should look like this if it was real.
I don't know what color is used. It's pretty well done I guess. Wonder why he didn't paint the hands as well and I don't know why he painted it at all. Some sort of scaming attempt maybe.

Hi Rawlin i have checked all the jawas and besides some dark brown ones i can't find any that resemble the one in your picture, the faces and bandoliers are all different colours.I'd call it a custom instead of a scamming attempt ,unles there's a documented chuck norris double black belt version Laughing nobody's seen before the paintjob doesn't add any value to the figure.I'd love to see it in person though.

Thanks Smile I just saw your reply now. Yeah I'm sure it's a custom now. I wonder what the reason behind it was though. But never bad to check it up.
The previous owner might have thought it was some sort of factory error.
There was several fakes in the bunch I bought that the seller claimed was real, I don't know if he knew himself or not. There was also over 100 repro weapons and accessories, which he also claimed was real at first. I'm not gonna name anyone and he is not a member here.
I was suspicious about it from the start. I also saw that many of the weapons where repro before buying the bunch. Over all it was a decent deal anyway even without the ones that where supposed to be real. This jawa was in that bunch. To me with the amount of repros and fakes/customs it seemed strange to me and could possibly been used for scamming attempts. Maybe as I mentioned earlier factory error.
Among the fakes that he claimed was real was a burgundy bib fortuna, which when I saw it for real was just a colored normal cloak, normal accessories and a normal figure. Some fake lili ledy overstock pieces and a badly done burgundy squid head.

I am not pissed about it, since I was suspicious from start and the price I guess is ok anyway. But I am a bit annoyed for sure since he was dishonest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:59 am

The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 3 3JawasFront2
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 8:53 pm

Not figural representation, but pretty cool

1977 Topps Star Wars Jawa Sticker Color Key Set (#41)
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:35 pm

Jawa over stock parts Lili Ledy front torso and leg
The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 3 Ll210
The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 3 Ll710
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 6:34 am

Steve,

Very nice. A combination between a Kenner and Ledy Jawa ala kitbashing..
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 6:17 am

Kenner 65A (inverted bubble) & 65C
[img]The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 3 Dscn5429[/img]
Back to top Go down
jawa.57
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
jawa.57

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:36 am

my jawa error moc
41back

The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 3 Dscf5511
The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 3 Dscf5512
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 6:11 pm

:bump:
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 8:51 pm

:bump: for beautiful, new title pictures by Thundershot!
Back to top Go down
DarthVader777
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 10:53 pm

This thread is amazing just seeing every type of jawa so cool man. Nice jaws guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3