The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:32 am

sith jawa wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:
sith jawa wrote:
The figures are branded with COO #2. Hope this helps.

Hi Jason, please excuse my ignorance but I'm not entirely sure what these moc/up's are. Where they done before the production on the Jawas really got going and is it therefore safe to presume that the COO #2 would have been found on the 12back cards?

They are production figures that were painted ie mocked-up with a different color and scheme. Similar to the Black Stormtrooper and VAC Metal Tie Pilot, this was common back in the "old" Star Wars days. The jawas had already been produced with a vinyl cape, but the figures served as an idea that never went forward.

Thanks for that explanation Jason.
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:08 pm

Here's my Jawas.

The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 Jawas10
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:28 pm

my jawas, from left to right:

COO 8, COO 5, COO 1:

The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 Dsc01935

The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 Dsc01936

The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 Dsc01937

The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 Dsc02010
Back to top Go down
orangpendek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Hi orangependek, I'd love to see a comparison picture of both of those.[/quote]
Hello snaggletooth It's just a tiny detail, ledy on the left, kenner on the right
The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 Gedc0812

Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:21 pm

orangpendek wrote:

Hello snaggletooth It's just a tiny detail, ledy on the left, kenner on the right
The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 Gedc0812

Thanks orangependek, they all count no matter how small, to me at least. Notice the HK seems to be in the same place and it's the size of the gap between the copyright that pushes the date up.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:41 am

My Ledy Jawa also has COO#8 with a smaller space between '©' and 'G.M.F.G.I. 1977'.

Jawa: Lili Ledy on the right
The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 IMG_4376

I wonder whether the slightly different COO#8, so the one with a larger space between '©' and 'G.M.F.G.I. 1977', can also be found on Ledy Jawas.

I understood from Wolff that slightly different COOs indicate a pair of steel moulds that in general travelled together.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
orangpendek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 6:27 am

I wonder whether the slightly different COO#8, so the one with a larger space between '©' and 'G.M.F.G.I. 1977', can also be found on Ledy Jawas.

I understood from Wolff that slightly different COOs indicate a pair of steel moulds that in general travelled together.

[/quote]
Hi dr.D the two jawas on the left side of the picture are both Ledys ,the ones on the right side of the picture are Kenner so i gues the travelling pairs theory holds up.The only difference is kenner coo#8 uses two types of torso while Lili ledy uses one .
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 6:30 am

orangpendek wrote:

Hi dr.D the two jawas on the left side of the picture are both Ledys ,the ones on the right side of the picture are Kenner so i gues the travelling pairs theory holds up.The only difference is kenner coo#8 uses two types of torso while Lili ledy uses one .

Thanks for clearing that up! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:31 am

Comparrison shot of the small, medium & large hoods seen on the rough capes.

[img]The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 Dscn4529[/img]

Does anyone know whether these are associated with particular cardbacks?

Last edited by cantina_patron on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:28 am

POTF
[img]The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 Dscn4510[/img]

Last edited by cantina_patron on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:30 am

Hi CP, any chance of a close up of the POTF Jawa, can you tell if it's the smooth cape version?

Last edited by snaggletooth on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:44 am

snaggletooth wrote:
Hi PC, any chance of a close up of the POTF Jawa, can you tell if it's the smooth cape version?

The cape is smooth.
The yellow bubble doesn't help, but hopefully the picture is clear enough for you.
[img]The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 Dscn4534[/img]
As far as I am aware all POTF Jawas have this cape. I have not heard about, or seen POTF cards with the rough cape.
However, the smooth cape is not exclusive to the POTF cardback. My loose childhood example came from either a late Palitoy ROTJ or a Tri-logo card.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:07 pm

cantina_patron wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:
Hi CP, any chance of a close up of the POTF Jawa, can you tell if it's the smooth cape version?

The cape is smooth.
The yellow bubble doesn't help, but hopefully the picture is clear enough for you.
[img]The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 Dscn4534[/img]
As far as I am aware all POTF Jawas have this cape. I have not heard about, or seen POTF cards with the rough cape.
However, the smooth cape is not exclusive to the POTF cardback. My loose childhood example came from either a late Palitoy ROTJ or a Tri-logo card.

Thank's CP, Most of the smooth caped Jawas I've seen for sale are mostly labeled as Palitoy, would be great to see one on a card. Any ideas if #5 is exclusive to the POTF figure and #6 to Palitoy?
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi snaggletooth, unfortunately I don't know enough about the coo's to answer your question. Certainly my childhood figure & two other smooth cape Jawas that I purchased in the UK have coo #6. Wolff clearly gathered appropriate hard evidence before classifying it as Pailtoy on his guide.
With regards to coo #5, perhaps one of our state side members can shed some light on whether there is evidence that it is exclusive to POTF cards.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:31 pm

cantina_patron wrote:
Hi snaggletooth, unfortunately I don't know enough about the coo's to answer your question. Certainly my childhood figure & two other smooth cape Jawas that I purchased in the UK have coo #6. Wolff clearly gathered appropriate hard evidence before classifying it as Pailtoy on his guide.
With regards to coo #5, perhaps one of our state side members can shed some light on whether there is evidence that it is exclusive to POTF cards.

Would be great if a few of the guys from the states could chip in with there COO's knowing that they came of POTF cards, I know Frank has one and I'm sure he will let us know when he get's a few free minutes free to check it out Wink
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 6:11 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[img]The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 Dscn4119[/img]

Factory error with legs fitted back to front.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 9:16 am

Got this jawa recently, didn't think on it back then but the bandolier is very dark brownblackish. I'm suspecting custompainted, but I can't rub off the paint and it feels legit. But don't look legit.
Was there a Jawa with very dark bandolier?
The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 Img_3412
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:36 pm

I LOVE the jawa with the backwards legs. Any chance that beautiful figure is for sale?

I do not remember seeing a bandolier that dark before. Not that I have seen every jawa out there, but that appears almost black. If the paint does not rub off, it is probably an over spray or something?? Very cool though..
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:44 pm

sith jawa wrote:
I LOVE the jawa with the backwards legs. Any chance that beautiful figure is for sale?

I do not remember seeing a bandolier that dark before. Not that I have seen every jawa out there, but that appears almost black. If the paint does not rub off, it is probably an over spray or something?? Very cool though..

Same here, though I must admit, jawa have not been one of the figures I've been most interested in so I haven't looked around that much. This though is the first one I see with this dark bandolier and it makes me suspicious that it is custom, on the paint wear I can't see any second layer underneath. On the picture it looks black purple, when looking at it looks black rather then what the camera picked up. But I don't know. Most likely it's a custom from my point of view. I dunno why though, it's not just some normal color that can be rubbed off.

Edit: Looks like the inside of the hood have been painted with the same color.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 11:08 am

I've not seen or heard of a Jawa with that colour paint on the bandolier either. If the same paint has been used on the face, what is the paint on the hands like?

sith jawa wrote:

I'm glad you like him, but I'm affraid he is not for sale.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 8:51 pm

cantina_patron wrote:
I've not seen or heard of a Jawa with that colour paint on the bandolier either. If the same paint has been used on the face, what is the paint on the hands like?

The hands are matt black normal jawa color. It's going in the donation bin Razz this one can't be real.

I've only owned like 10 jawas but I've seen pretty many, haven't really payed much attention though, but one in that large army of jawas posted earlier should look like this if it was real.
I don't know what color is used. It's pretty well done I guess. Wonder why he didn't paint the hands as well and I don't know why he painted it at all. Some sort of scaming attempt maybe.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 5:22 am

Rawlin wrote:
cantina_patron wrote:

The hands are matt black normal jawa color. It's going in the donation bin Razz this one can't be real.

Definatey sounds suspicious to me. All the jawas I've owned/seen have had the same black paint on both the hands & face.
I'd be inclined to keep it so that it doesn't get into circulation & end up being sold as an uber rare variant by some scammer. And you never know, some more information may come to light.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:14 am

cantina_patron wrote:
Rawlin wrote:
cantina_patron wrote:

Definatey sounds suspicious to me. All the jawas I've owned/seen have had the same black paint on both the hands & face.
I'd be inclined to keep it so that it doesn't get into circulation & end up being sold as an uber rare variant by some scammer. And you never know, some more information may come to light.

Thats true, might as well keep it. But it does feel custom. I'm going to dig up my other jawas and check what face color those have.
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:46 am

I bought this jawa two years ago along with other figures in a childhood lot from France...
I kept it becouse of the weird stamp, it looks like the #8 coo but its almost erased and have no dots between "GMFGI 1977"
I dont know if this could be the Meccano Jawa or just a regular Kenner figure with a mold flaw?? :scratch:
Any thoughts??
The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 Image111
The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 Image811
The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 Image910
BTW ,very nice and interesting thread lads Wink
Back to top Go down
orangpendek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 6:50 am

Rawlin wrote:

I've only owned like 10 jawas but I've seen pretty many, haven't really payed much attention though, but one in that large army of jawas posted earlier should look like this if it was real.
I don't know what color is used. It's pretty well done I guess. Wonder why he didn't paint the hands as well and I don't know why he painted it at all. Some sort of scaming attempt maybe.

Hi Rawlin i have checked all the jawas and besides some dark brown ones i can't find any that resemble the one in your picture, the faces and bandoliers are all different colours.I'd call it a custom instead of a scamming attempt ,unles there's a documented chuck norris double black belt version Laughing nobody's seen before the paintjob doesn't add any value to the figure.I'd love to see it in person though.

javiswspain wrote:
I bought this jawa two years ago along with other figures in a childhood lot from France...
I kept it becouse of the weird stamp, it looks like the #8 coo but its almost erased and have no dots between "GMFGI 1977"
I dont know if this could be the Meccano Jawa or just a regular Kenner figure with a mold flaw?? :scratch:
Any thoughts??

Jawi, from what i understand of the plastic injection process this kind of lack of detail is caused by preassure or temperature problems of the injection nozzle like the "short shot " hands.I don't think this can be traced back to the Meccano company ,
from what i have read here Meccano received their figures from the far east like most of the other companies and sealed them onto their own cardbacks after touching up scratched paint. Does anybody know how to tell a Meccano jawa from a Kenner one besides the cardback ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa   The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The TIG FOTW Thread: Jawa

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next