The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Walrus Man ID ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:02 am

Hi guys can any of you ID this Walrus Man ?

Walrus Man ID ? Sta60060

Walrus Man ID ? Sta60061

Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:12 am

Great WM Lars, Its very interesting to me and he has the same dark green hands and head, also the white tusks and same COO as the PBP variant but the blue limbs are normally darker.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:57 am

Yeah I think his name is Dave Laughing (sorry could not help myself)
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:18 am

snaggletooth wrote:
Great WM Lars, Its very interesting to me and he has the same dark green hands and head, also the white tusks and same COO as the PBP variant but the blue limbs are normally darker.

Hi Scott, thanks for trying. I bought it from søren, he has a Maid in Spain cardback from the seller where he bought this figure from. But he also bought some other WM figures from the same seller but the other WM was much lighter in the color than this one and looked like kenner figures.

So maybe this is a PBP figure ?

Gorneesh wrote:

No no, not Dave, I have heard out in town he is called Ponda Baba lol!
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:58 am

pomse2001 wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:

Hi Scott, thanks for trying. I bought it from søren, he has a Maid in Spain cardback from the seller where he bought this figure from. But he also bought some other WM figures from the same seller but the other WM was much lighter in the color than this one and looked like kenner figures.

So maybe this is a PBP figure ?

Gorneesh wrote:

No no, not Dave, I have heard out in town he is called Ponda Baba lol!

Made in Spain could well be right Lars but I've not seen this figure on that card, just the other Light green with pink tusks. Can you post a pic with him next to a HK WM, would also be interesting to see what other WM came in that lot.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:20 am

It's Walrusman. His name is Walrusman. Part of the Star Wars line circa 1977-1985.
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:14 pm

this is my walrusmen

Walrus Man ID ? Walrusmancomparision

no coo gmfgi1978hongkong

Walrus Man ID ? Back

Walrus Man ID ? Nocoo

Walrus Man ID ? Gmfgi1978hongkong

Im pretty sure the noocoo is a regular trilogowalrusman but i know they have been sold as PBP at least once for sick money.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Hi Scott here is another picture the one with blaster is coo and without is the no coo. Sorry but søren sold the other WM to another buyer, but he told me they all was kenner figures.

Walrus Man ID ? Sta60063

Hi kisstour03, no I don't think it is him. He lost his arm in 1977 lol!

Hi yeah-sus, thanks for the help. I just want to be sure.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:23 pm

That's the PBP Lars, he has the dark arms I was on about but they looked lighter in your first post. Congrats mate, he looks very minty Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi scott, thanks for the help Very Happy What makes him PBP ? the color and the coo only with a 1 ?

or is all WM with that coo PBP ?

Do you know how the blaster should look like for this figure ? I bought it with a blue blaster ?

I found this link with some more PBP, but it is hard to see the coo on the pictures

http://www.landoslocker.com/range_starwars/walrusman.shtml
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:24 pm

pomse2001 wrote:
Hi scott, thanks for the help Very Happy What makes him PBP ? the color and the coo only with a 1 ?

Do you know how the blaster should look like for this figure ? I bought it with a blue blaster ?

I found this link with some more PBP, but it is hard to see the coo on the pictures

That color and that COO are found on PBP ROTJ cards and also Kenner Made in Spain ROTJ Cards.

Don't know about the blaster but a blue/black euro version on the gunnery would be my best bet.

I've not seen one yet but have heard that the one on Landos Locker with the pink tusk is found on Palitoy cards, my personal opinion is that this one is also made by PBP
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:30 am

Hi Guys

I'm sorry but the other WM is sold and i can't remember to who . Here are some "Sale" pictures i could dig up .

As you can see the one on the left are the one Lars now has . The other one is sold . It was much lightere in the color , boots pants and the Tusks .
The both came form a a dansih child hood colletion . UPDATE There was In the there was a ROTJ Kenner VM Made in Spain cardback.

Hope this helps you guys .

Walrus Man ID ? Last17011Walrus Man ID ? Last17014

Ps. I have this Red Snag moc . On a MIS card if you need it for you research . Sorry but i can't see the coo on it Very Happy

Walrus Man ID ? Limelight009

Last edited by soren on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:33 am

snaggletooth wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

That color and that COO are found on PBP ROTJ cards and also Kenner Made in Spain ROTJ Cards.

Don't know about the blaster but a blue/black euro version on the gunnery would be my best bet.

I've not seen one yet but have heard that the one on Landos Locker with the pink tusk is found on Palitoy cards, my personal opinion is that this one is also made by PBP

Thanks scott, I will try to talk with søren, about a picture of the card the figure came with.

Is there a special PBP blue/black blaster ? or can I just take any blue/black blaster to this figure ?
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:17 pm

Lars, I'm pretty sure he is of that made in Spain card.

Soren, thanks for posting the pics. Is that snag your misscard and is it a imperial blaster that he is packed with? If so a close up pic of the magazine clip side of the blaster will confirm which blaster was packed with the MIS card. That will also be correct for the walrusman.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi scott, maybe you did not see my second question Very Happy

Is there a special PBP blue/black blaster ? or can I just take any blue/black blaster to this figure ?
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:37 pm

( Scott i will take a picture of the gun in the MIS miscard for you . About all ther weapons there where 300+ figz in the lot and i did not pay attention to the weapons . Sorry :-( )

Hi Guys just up datet my first post . There was only one WM card in the lot . Scrool down at se pictures off it .

In the same lot there was a ROTJ Kenner Geedo Made in Spain cardback and a ROTJ Greedo Palitoy cardback

And a hammer Head MIS card. The HH and Greddo figz are long gone to :-(

WM

Walrus Man ID ? Th_mis002

Walrus Man ID ? Th_mis003

Greedo

Walrus Man ID ? Th_mis001

Walrus Man ID ? Th_mis006

HH

Walrus Man ID ? Th_mis004

Walrus Man ID ? Th_mis005
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:49 pm

This is the best i can do guys . Hope it helsp you out

Walrus Man ID ? Th_mis2001

Walrus Man ID ? Th_mis2002
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Thanks for the card upload søren Very Happy
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:18 pm

Soren, great pics You've added mate and thanks.

Lars, I'm not at home now but will check the correct blaster tomorrow for ya, I think it's the one with the same mold as the Ledy one though, raised bar under the magazine clip.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:52 pm

snaggletooth wrote:
Soren, great pics You've added mate and thanks.

Lars, I'm not at home now but will check the correct blaster tomorrow for ya, I think it's the one with the same mold as the Ledy one though, raised bar under the magazine clip.

Could this be the correct one ? there is a little bar under it.

Walrus Man ID ? Sta60064
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:52 am

I've just checked My baggie which is the light green PBP/Mecanno WM and it has the V3 blaster mate. I'm sure the V7 you have pictured will do fine though but It would be great if some one else who had it MOC or bagged could confirm it.
http://www.imperialgunnery.com/imperialblasters.htm
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:20 am

snaggletooth wrote:
I've just checked My baggie which is the light green PBP/Mecanno WM and it has the V3 blaster mate. I'm sure the V7 you have pictured will do fine though but It would be great if some one else who had it MOC or bagged could confirm it.

Yes it could be cool if some have the same figure with the correct weapon Very Happy I think the weapon I found is the Semi Translucent Green, maybe it is wrong for this figure. But the weapon guide does not tell what figure that weapon is for.

What about a V8 that is PBP according to the Tig weapon guide, maybe I should see if I have such a weapon ? But that is only in blue and green according to the guide.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 1:08 pm

pomse2001 wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:

Yes it could be cool if some have the same figure with the correct weapon Very Happy I think the weapon I found is the Semi Translucent Green, maybe it is wrong for this figure. But the weapon guide does not tell what figure that weapon is for.

What about a V8 that is PBP according to the Tig weapon guide, maybe I should see if I have such a weapon ? But that is only in blue and green according to the guide.

I think we can keep wishing about it getting confirmed Lars Rolling Eyes If it was my WM I'd be happy with the V7, the V3 is the same but without the raised bar. If you have a V8 even better mate and much harder to find. I also don't think that the color is as important as the mold but that's probably just me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:14 pm

Thank you very much for all the help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Walrus Man ID ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man ID ?   Walrus Man ID ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walrus Man ID ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1