The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Walrus Man "cross" tusks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Serket
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Serket

Walrus Man "cross" tusks Empty
PostSubject: Walrus Man "cross" tusks   Walrus Man "cross" tusks I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:02 am

Hey TIG peeps,

I was gonna wait until the Walrus Man FOTM thread to post this but it's moved to Chief Chirpa now so I'm just gonna ask here. Hope that's cool Smile

Just wondering if anyone has any info or pics that they wouldn't mind sharing about the Walrus Man pictured below.

Photobucket

Aa you can see, his teeth/tusks are in a cross shape. The only other info/pics I can find are on Landos Locker here, it's number 4 in the list http://www.landoslocker.com/range_starwars/walrusman.shtml

I've searched here on TIG and on RS for any info and found none and I also PM'ed CocoFSTAR on RS about the one in the pics on Lando's Locker but got no reply.

Mine in the pic has pink tusks and COO #1 in the guide, the one on Lando's Locker has white tucks and NoCOO.

Any info would be great.

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man "cross" tusks   Walrus Man "cross" tusks I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:51 am

I hadn't noticed it before:
Walrus Man "cross" tusks Walrus_nocoo_white_tusk

There's the 'butt vs bean' tusks unsure
Walrus Man "cross" tusks DSC019293

Maybe Darthzilla , KiAdiRandy know more about this cross tusk :scratch:

Walrus Man "cross" tusks DSCN5855
"2.White Tusk HK Variant w/ + style tusks"

Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man "cross" tusks   Walrus Man "cross" tusks I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:13 am

I'm just browsing on my phone at moment, so I can't see that clearly but on the photo is Luke stabbing greedo's butt and greedo making out with c3po? Sorry for immature post Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man "cross" tusks   Walrus Man "cross" tusks I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:20 am

Rawlin wrote:
I'm just browsing on my phone at moment, so I can't see that clearly but on the photo is Luke stabbing greedo's butt and greedo making out with c3po?

Laughing On a computer you are clearly correct :buzzing:

ps. I now want a 'cross tusk' Wally Cool
Back to top Go down
Serket
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Serket

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man "cross" tusks   Walrus Man "cross" tusks I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:26 am

Thanks AJ, Very Happy I did see that pic on RS but it's not clear enough to see the "+ style tusks".....hahaha that promo photo of all the figures makes me laugh every time I see it....classic!
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man "cross" tusks   Walrus Man "cross" tusks I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:30 am

I've got 2 of these, the HK in the middle on the top row and the No COO in the bottom left, I'd not come across a pink tusk variant before though.
Walrus Man "cross" tusks C68a8dcf
Back to top Go down
Serket
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Serket

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man "cross" tusks   Walrus Man "cross" tusks I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:36 am

snaggletooth wrote:
I've got 2 of these, the HK in the middle on the top row and the No COO in the bottom left, I'd not come across a pink tusk variant before though.
Walrus Man "cross" tusks C68a8dcf

Thanks Snaggletooth Very Happy .....is the HK one COO#1 in the guide? and which # is the No COO in the guide?
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man "cross" tusks   Walrus Man "cross" tusks I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:49 am

Serket wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:

Thanks Snaggletooth Very Happy .....is the HK one COO#1 in the guide? and which # is the No COO in the guide?

No problem Serket, the HK is #1 in the guide and the No COO is #3
Back to top Go down
Serket
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Serket

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man "cross" tusks   Walrus Man "cross" tusks I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:19 am

snaggletooth wrote:
Serket wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:

Excellent Snaggletooth...so far thats pink and white tusk COO#1 and white tusk COO#3
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man "cross" tusks   Walrus Man "cross" tusks I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:31 pm

Serket wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:
Serket wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:

Excellent Snaggletooth...so far thats pink and white tusk COO#1 and white tusk COO#3

Notice that they are different on the HK compared to the No coo figures too, so there could be others out there produced from the No COO mold before the COO was removed Wink
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man "cross" tusks   Walrus Man "cross" tusks I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:36 pm

In fact Serket looking at yours it could be what I was on about in my last post, on my white HK the line is further up the tusk.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man "cross" tusks   Walrus Man "cross" tusks I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:46 pm

This "cross" is an error in the material! The tusks often have these...but you are lucky to have one that looks so "straight".

You can find these "pleats" in the molds of the softer plastics (like head...its mostly the head) on all PBP figures and other late stuff!

Its kind of a cooling error IMO.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man "cross" tusks   Walrus Man "cross" tusks I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 3:36 pm

Neat. I was wondering if it may have been debris that got stuck in the mold making the cross.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man "cross" tusks   Walrus Man "cross" tusks I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:36 pm

That's very interesting that they're errors, I just presumed they where molded that way but it does make sense.

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man "cross" tusks   Walrus Man "cross" tusks I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:30 pm

Those are the first ones I seen like that. They are def weird looking. I dont know anything about them, but they look cool. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Serket
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Serket

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man "cross" tusks   Walrus Man "cross" tusks I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:26 pm

wbobafett wrote:
This "cross" is an error in the material! The tusks often have these...but you are lucky to have one that looks so "straight".

You can find these "pleats" in the molds of the softer plastics (like head...its mostly the head) on all PBP figures and other late stuff!

Its kind of a cooling error IMO.

Thankyou wbobafett Very Happy That's what I first thought aswel, that it wasn't an intentional change in the WM mould more like an error in the mould or mould process/materials used. Cool though!!

Having never seen any apart from mine and the one on Landos Locker really sparked my curiousity.

As you can see from the first pics it's like a line that runs from the back of his head through his tusks making it like a cross. Where on the scond pic the line runs above the tusks.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Interesting that they both have the same coo.

Thanks for everyone chiming in and sharing pics.......the mystery of the cross tusk Walrus Man has now been solved!!!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man "cross" tusks   Walrus Man "cross" tusks I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:31 am

Maybe its a comon error to all Walrusman. I will check mine later today!

I noticed that some of my trilogos have a deep pleat.

Your crossed Tusk Walrusman is facinating.....one out of hundreds where this error is so straight that it looks to be with full intend!

Your pictures are very good btw......I think now everyone can see that this is just an error. Looking from the side makes him look like he smiles!! Laughing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man "cross" tusks   Walrus Man "cross" tusks I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:34 pm

Weird. Its great seeing something you never knew existed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man "cross" tusks   Walrus Man "cross" tusks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walrus Man "cross" tusks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1