The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) Empty
PostSubject: My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)   My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:47 pm

This is 4 of my 6 French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s). 2 of them are in transit right now and will be added soon. This variant has 2 smooth back leg versions. The two on the outside are one version and the two on the inside are the other version. I just received the Fett on the far right today. His color is much more of a blue then the others that have more of a gray color. Interesting! Anyways, just wanted to show them and thanks for looking : )
-Steve

My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) Meccs_10

My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) Meccs_11
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)   My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 4:48 am

This is so awesome mate :Drool:
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)   My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 9:05 am

Bloody hell Steve, your just being greedy now mate lol, very cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
STR1968
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)   My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:53 am

Wow!!! You will have six of them.Congrats.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)   My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:03 pm

Great line-up, Steve!

What....,two more are coming up your way?!!!

Dude, I believe that is called a Fettishism. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)   My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:52 pm

I got my 5th Mecc Fett today. The 6th is on its way. Anyways, now I have 3 that have the other smoothed leg version from the old coo chart! I found something of interest on this version. It differs from the other version Mecc fett smooth leg version on the new coo chart. Look at the inner thigh of the Fett's right leg. Do you see the bump? It's pretty clear in this photo. All three of mine have the same bump. On the other smoothed leg versions, the one from the NEW coo chart those Mecc Fetts that I have, do not have that bump. I know it's minor but it certainly is a difference between the two versions. Since I have both versions in hand and multiples of each version this is not just a one time thing, this has happened on all of mine of the particular version. Thanks for looking : )
-Steve

My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) Mecc_f19

My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) Mecc_f20
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)   My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:28 pm

My collection of these Meccano Fetts is complete now. Seven is my final number of them. Thanks for looking : )
-Steve

My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) Final_15

My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) Mecc_c10

My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) Final_17
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)   My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Again like I sadi in the pickups thread. Nice Fetts. But I don't really think you have enough. Room for a few more.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)   My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:06 pm

Very cool Steve, I think I still have my first Meccano Boba Fett and my first Meccano figure for good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)   My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:28 pm

I recently bought a PBP figure from Kenneth. I was going through a difficult time during that sale. Kenneth knew about this and wanted to brighten my day with something. So he included this Mecc Fett as a gift. As many of you know I LOVE Mecc Fetts, but this one, because of the circumstances, is not only my favorite Mecc Fett, but my FAVORITE figure in my collection. I will never part with it and wanted to thank Kenneth very much. Kenneth bought this figure years ago before the variant collectors were even aware of it. The "infamous" BillyBoy (Bill Rodgers) made him aware of it's existence, and he managed to purchase it. So to me, because of Kenneth's kindness and the story behind it, this is my gem : ) Thanks again Kenneth.

My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) My_fav12

My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) My_fav13
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)   My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:55 am

Greate story on the new Fett Steve and nice to that Kenneth made the extra effort knowing how much it would put a smile on your face Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)   My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 5:05 am

To add:

Billy boy always thought he had found a LL Fett on Tri card!!

There was two problems at this timeframe: 1. Billy Boy wasnt trusted because he is a well known scammer and 2. Nobody knew that this "Mec" Fett exists.

So it was first called LL Fett on Tri card!

Dont know when exactly Kenneth found this example. But I remeber a french guy chimed in my old coo thread on RS and showed of the "Mec" Fett coo!

To me this is the point where this figure was known to the community! And Uli and Mirco immediatly found examples in France! (I waited because everybody was searching these days....LOL). Would be interesting when Kenneth found his example!

(I doubt he bought it loose from Billy Boy.....did you Kenneth??)
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)   My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:03 am

"(Bill Rodgers) made him aware of it's existence, and he managed to purchase it."
No Wolff, he did not purchase it from Bill Rodgers. After learning about the Mecc Fett from information posted online from Bill Rodgers, then he found 2 on his own.... Kenneth can tell you when exactly but I believe it was before many collectors even knew what this figure was.
Sorry for the confusion....

Last edited by stevefdwyer on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)   My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:02 am

You got me totally wrong! This isnt about Egos! I was just saying that Billy Rodgers wasnt aware what it is. For him it was a LL Fett! And many had doubts because of the fact that he sold faked figures (thats why I doubted that Kenneth had bought it directly from BillyBoy)!

You actually dont seem to know who BillyBoy is...thats is why I told you that!
BillyBoy also "discovered" i.e. the no coo Gonk which is prooven a fake today!!

So you see the history of Mec Fetts is a bit difficult!

Here is the pic from BillyBoy:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1087013727043223031aNmJqi

You can see its labeled LL!!

If you think this about egos I really cant help you!!

Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)   My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:02 pm

My apologies Wolff. That wasn't directed at you and I should edit what I meant by "egos". I was afraid this would turn into a debate as to who brought this figure into the variant collector's eyes for the first time. I was afraid it would get ugly when all I wanted to do was present my collection and thank Kenneth for his kind gift. So again, I'm sorry if you thought that was directed at you, it wasn't.
-Steve
Back to top Go down
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)   My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:46 pm

Those are some aweome Fetts Steve
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)   My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 4:13 pm

Wolff,

I don't recall exactly, when I bought my 2 Meccano Fett's, but I do remember Bill Rodgers and I discussed possible Meccano /Macau variants back then! It's quite a few years ago now.. And we were both VERY wrong about many of them! Not the Meccano Luke Hoth with no coo scar and pink face though.. Wink Also the Meccano Leia Hoth no coo (1 line) we we were right about! I'll try to search for some old e-mails etc..! I honestly don't remember the exact year - unfortunately.. Sad But I do recall Bill Rodgers mentioning the Meccano Fett as a no coo figure different from the LL no coo Fett! He also belived, that the Meccano Fett's could have Hong Kong coo too..!!

After purchasing one from a French ebay auction I then told Uli about the Meccano no coo Fett! And for once I found a variant, that he didn't know about at all! He bought one soon after on Ebay France, I think..? And then this variant began to get pretty well known.. I honestly have no clue, if Bill Rodgers ever found a no coo Meccano Fett himself..? But I certainly didn't buy my two samples from him!! Very Happy But of course someone must have tipped Bill Rodgers about the existance of a no coo Meccano Fett in the first place..! I just don't know whom?? :scratch:

I was however one of the naive idiots, who bought a bagged no coo Power Droid from him for around GB£ 100 (the Pound Sterling was much more worth back then)! I still keep that Power Droid in my collection as a reminder always to do research on unknown variants - not solely buying it because of trust in guys like "Billyboy"! I forgot that once more last summer, when I bought the "Poch" Luke X-Wing Pilot with "black shoulder emblems" from Jota! Once again I ignored my stomach feeling and common sense, and naively bought a figure, that looked strange in every possible way! It was the only sample known to exist.. Rolling Eyes I still belive though, that Jota belived - and still belives in this variant! For my part I now know, that this Luke X-Wing variant of course doesn't exist... But there is indeed a Poch Luke X-Wing Pilot in existance - it's just very different from Jota's figure!!

There are one of a kind confirmed and EXTREMELY RARE variants out there like Wolff's and Javier's PBP Luke Tatooine - BUT there are not ten of them!!

Anyway I'm really glad, that Steve liked my "little extra gift", and I'll gladly assist him with answering variant questions in the future! If I'm cabable of doing so of course.. Quite a few variant collectors are more knowledgeable than me, and to me Wolff is the KING of all variants and Ozio / Horacio is the KING of LL variants!! You don't find better resources than those two guys! cheers And both are extremely helpful and friendly persons!! cheers

Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)   My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 4:52 pm

Wolff, look what I found in my old Rebelscum posts:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1014220/#post17245593

Our very first deal for a "PBP" Rebel Soldier - now known as Poch!! Bargain price by the way! cheers king Henrik still calls it PBP though.. 4 years later cheers

These old threads /posts brings back some great memories indeed!! I now see, that I bought the fake no coo Power Droid in baggie from Bill Rodgers back in 2007! I didn't find any Meccano Boba Fett posts though.. Sad The problem is, that Uli and I and Bill and I also discussed these new "discoveries" by e-mails outside Rebelscum! We didn't want the variant collectors to know all about any newly discovered variants! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
_Rog_
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
_Rog_

PostSubject: Re: My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)   My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:47 pm

Back in December 2004 Bill posted 'his' no coo 'normal' coloured Boba in this thread: Logray Loco! thinking it was some sort of Made In Mexico / Ledy figure by the look of it. Stephane also posted in the thread pointing out that it was actually on an "early trilogo card made for the french market". I guess this is when Bill started to figure out it wasn't Ledy - 2005ish?

Jump to 2006, sometime prior to 16th October (when I received my first email on my new computer - from Mirco actually!). I emailed Bill to discuss Macau/o figures (in particular Leia Bespin). After a bit of chat he formed a mini-list of Macau variations for me to look out for, this Boba was on the list. I agreed with him to keep it a little quiet - I think he wanted (perhaps not personally) three examples MOC so he could confirm & announce this 'new' no coo Fett to the community.
It took me about a year to find my first Mec Fett variant. Unfortunately with me swapping computers I had lost all emails prior to 16th Oct 2006, but finding this Fett gave me the excuse Wink to mail Bill again in May 2007 to pester him for another copy of the list we discussed.

In early 2008 Uli & I chatted about this Mec Fett. I don't know whether it was just prior to this time that Kenneth was discussing it with Uli too. Knowledge that it wasn't a Ledy Fett was spreading amongst variation collectors, although it was still being referred to as Ledy by non-variation guys (and wasn’t yet being corrected). I think however I mentioned to Uli via email that Marcus had posted on RS saying that he had one of these Fetts (where he pointed out it wasn't Ledy). No one commented on it!

It was around this time (13th March 2008 Smile ) I got my second Mec Fett variation. From France, described as a Lili Ledy Fett for about £30! I was a little disappointed nobody spotted my 2 Mec Fett variations in the FOTM thread Wink

From 2009 perhaps, knowledge of this figure became more widespread resulting in Joe's excellent feature "The Real Trilogo Fett" on Trilogo.info & ultimately in Steve's awesome limelight here and apparent cornering of the Mec Fett market!

Great set Steve, Congrats!

Rog.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)   My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:07 pm

Wow! Rog, great information about the history of the Mecc Fett : ) I'm going to do some reading now with the thread you gave. Thanks for that : ) and thanks for the kind words.....
-Steve
ps- yesterday, because I collect loose figures I contacted Stephane who has a sample of MOC Mecc Fett Tri/small bubble Fett. I was curious of the exact blaster this Fett came with. Stephane was nice enough to send me photos of his MOC Mecc Fett. I was able to study the picture with the blaster posted close up. Out of the nine Meccano Fetts I have, I only have 1 correct blaster for him. People must have swapped in various blasters from other Tri Fetts or whatever but I am ecstatic I at least have one correct blaster.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)   My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:44 am

My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) Mecc_f22

My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) Mecc_f23
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)   My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 3:42 am

Awesome Mecc Fetts you have :Drool:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)   My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My French True Trilogo Fetts otherwise known as Meccano Fett(s)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1