The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meccano Fett differences from other Fetts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

Meccano Fett differences from other Fetts Empty
PostSubject: Meccano Fett differences from other Fetts   Meccano Fett differences from other Fetts I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:09 pm

I just noticed this last night and wanted to bring it to anyone's attention that cares. I will illustrate the differences I noticed bellow. I've had some others ask me if their is anything different on the Meccano Fett that doesn't match other Fetts besides the missing coo. I think I found something. On the rocket hand of a Meccano Fett the tab on the end is short and rounded, like a nub, where as on other Fetts (HK, Tri, LL, Taiwan) the tab is pointed and longer. This matches all mine, it matches Marco's that he just got too. Was curious if this matches yours? See pics : ) Not sure if their is other HK's with the nub rather then pointed but just noticed all Meccano Fett's that I've seen has this same characteristic.
-Steve

Meccano Fett example....
Meccano Fett differences from other Fetts Fett_m10

Other Fett(s) example....
Meccano Fett differences from other Fetts Fett_o10
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Fett differences from other Fetts   Meccano Fett differences from other Fetts I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:54 pm

" Not sure if theire is other HK's with the nub rather then pointed " The Hong Kong Fett ('ancestor' of the Meccano) is the same - no point.

here's Neonboy's HK example
Neonboy wrote:
the clearly refined © c in the cirlce similar to the Mecc. but is a HONG KONG mark

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
mine is the same
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Fett differences from other Fetts   Meccano Fett differences from other Fetts I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:53 pm

Good "point" : ) AJ. I forgot to write that in my original post. I knew obviously the HK with same type on back left leg would have no nub. I am curious if their are other Fett's with no points too. But from what I observed thus far that is a trait (the nub) the Meccano has...
-Steve
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Fett differences from other Fetts   Meccano Fett differences from other Fetts I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:03 pm

Again......if you have a figure from a so called "coo family" they all have the same mold!

So the large HK and the Meccano no coo are the same steel-molds...just the coo area was altered! They MUST have the same steelmolds...the same mold!

If you have a close look on the Fetts you will definatly find 3 mold/coo-familys:
1. small HK and Trilogo...and LL
2. Taiwan
3. large HK and Meccano

This is an important point. Its just waist of time to find mold differences on:
a) same coos (like LL coo and same Kenner coo)
b) same coo family (like Mec Fett and large HK)

These are always the same.....the only differnces can be:
a) material based (see LL Zuckuss and "China" Zuckuss)
b) damaged steelmolds
c) and in very very very rare cases: mixed steel molds (while moving limbs and torso steelmolds were mixed up between coo familys. Or overstock assembling. These cases can occur....but are extremly rare!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Fett differences from other Fetts   Meccano Fett differences from other Fetts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meccano Fett differences from other Fetts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1