The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google)
Yes
Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap73%Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 73% [ 22 ]
No
Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap27%Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 30

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
_Rog_
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
_Rog_

Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google)   Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:13 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Stay logged in. lol! You dont want to keep being a Peeping Tom do you? Shocked
Shocked lol!

Rog Very Happy

Obviously not really a problem for Marco & I, or for guests who fancy signing up, but if there's a load of others who can't "see whats going on so they can decide if they want to join or not" then it might be more troublesome! Hopefully someone more PC savvy than me can help!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google)   Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:23 pm

I understand what your saying. If I could, I would look into it for you.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google)   Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:30 pm

_Rog_ wrote:

Is there anyone else who can't visit as a guest?

It's no hardship, but I havn't been able to visit as a guest for over a week.
The home page usually shows a good head count of guests, but whether they can access the threads is another matter.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google)   Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:39 am

Chris_J wrote:
They are not wanting to make TIG a members only forum. That would def shut the place down in a heart beat. You have to have the forum open so new potential members can see whats going on so they can decide if they want to join or not. What Jay proposed was a simple section where members only can go to to ask or discuss things that we wouldnt want to be made public.

Hey Chris, I think Rog already clarified this to you. My point is that at this moment it seems that the complete TIG forum is now 'members only', not only a section.
When browsing to the main page imperialgunneryforum.com from a different PC you still got the main page. But once you click on one of the headers, you got the 'log in' pop up. In the past there was still an option, like 'do not display again' and you could proceed w/o being a member. This option is not there anymore. This seems to be a very strange glitch.

Maybe it is about time for the mods/admins to comment on this.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google)   Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:57 am

Same here, If I'm logged out I can't see the main section - just the other sections.

edit: can't see the Other Vintage Collectables section either.

Last edited by Artoo_Detour on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)
Back to top Go down
Loop
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Loop

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google)   Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 7:00 am

I had the same "glitch" when I tried to click the link to the Vader thread yeah-sus sent me. The log in page always came up when I tried to go to the Vintage chat section.
Haven't tried to visit as a guest since I signed up because I prefer to log in when visiting forums so I don't know if it's the same now.

As for a section only available to members I don't really care one way or the other. The points with members posting personal issues and information about certain items in our hobby in such a section are good though.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google)   Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:45 am

To my expierence its true! TIG is now a only member site!

I know/heard a bit what happend and why this poll was started, but not sure if its okay to post it in public!

Lets just say: This poll will decide about future changes! I think Jay just wants some of those areas closed for non-members but not all (as it seems to be right now)!

So the staff here is mainly against a total non-member forum.....did I got this right???

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google)   Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:31 pm

I see what you guys are saying now. I just tried it again, but tried to get into the vintage chat, same here. Last night, all I did was see if the sections were there or not.

Wolff, I wouldnt post it in public even if it was ok. Somethings are best left unsaid in a public setting. But I do agree on your one point, some changes do need to be made around here for the forum to keep going. And I do mean some major changes. If those were done, I see the site last a hell of alot longer than the way its going now.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google)   Would people like to see a small forum section that is only available to TIG members? (This would mean the section wont be viewable to guests or search engines such as Google) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2