The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:11 pm

I went back through some old threads and found some info that might help. The ones I came across, the owners had the DT's in both brown and black eyes. As for COO, what I seen, they didnt describe which COO it was since they are older posts, but did find an old post from Delboy75 where he had a DT with the China COO. I know more confusing, sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:14 pm

Thanks so much Chris for the information and for being a Moderator here. If anyone else has a comment I'd love to hear what your thoughts are on my pictures and situation.
Chris did you say China coo? That's interesting : ) -Steve
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:25 pm

Yes I did. Heres the pix of Delboys I got the info from.

6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 Dt_bmp10

I just talked to a few guys and its both 2 and 3 line. This comes from some whos been in the game alot longer than me. Very Happy He has both a loose one and bagged he compared them to.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:51 pm

Guys

The DT Luke seems to always have some mystery. Here is what I can say:

All baggies from the era were Hong Kong. The blue General Mills and the MIHK. So baggie wise, it's Hong Kong. The carded examples I've seen are also always Hong Kong. So for a China COO to be right means it came off of an MOC that hasn't been discovered. So I think China is not right

Also all baggies that have surfaced have two line COOs. So unless something surfaces to disprove all evidence, it's Hong Kong 2 Line COO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:15 pm

Ok so that is good information, thank you. So then is eye color only brown in those baggies or is it black also? I am starting to think the "Circles" variant Luke I have (Coo1, 2 line, black eyes might be correct). Would be nice to hear from Wolff considering he owns a "Circles" variant too. But who knows maybe someone swapped out his Luke too for a different one? Wolff, any opinions?
But that leaves me scratching my head about the coo3 brown eyes 3 lines and coo6 brown eyes 3 lines. I always heard coo3 brown eyes 3 lines was an Early Bird. The ones I sought out to replace the ones in question were coo3 brown eyes 3 lines and always came with a lettered hilt single telescoping saber, not DT.
-Steve
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:37 pm

Darthberizing wrote:
Guys

The DT Luke seems to always have some mystery. Here is what I can say:

All baggies from the era were Hong Kong. The blue General Mills and the MIHK. So baggie wise, it's Hong Kong. The carded examples I've seen are also always Hong Kong. So for a China COO to be right means it came off of an MOC that hasn't been discovered. So I think China is not right

Also all baggies that have surfaced have two line COOs. So unless something surfaces to disprove all evidence, it's Hong Kong 2 Line COO.

Here's a quote from JC in another thread which I think means the China COO's where not produced until 1984, which is where my china ROTJ cards comment (my first post) came from. This also dismisses the DT saber with the China figure as I think it was the first saber produced.

Panastur wrote:

I would like to bring some more info about the far-east factories. It may help you in your search and may highlight some obscure point.

In May 1977, Palitoy hooked up its own department in Kowloon (Hong Kong). A staff of seventeen employees, including inspectors and engineers were appointed for Quality Control Engineering, Research and Development. The first point was to reduce its suppliers to a very few large and reputable companies. Some of these companies were; Kader Industries (the largest compagny involved in the toy business in HK), Cheung Kong Industries and other old-established suppliers as Mego, Perfekta and Playmates. Tomy Corporation was also a strong partener in plastic injection and small pieces provider.
From a geographic and historical point of view, Hong Kong was the first place of production. Hong Kong was a British colony untill 1997, but till an an agreement signed in 1984 to transfer sovereignty to the Republic of China, production slowly moved to other countries. Macao was another colony under Portuguese control and Portugal also signed this transfert agreement the same year in the same conditions... Notice that Macao is just 70Km south-west from Hong Kong.

Understand that many late "Made in China" production are from these same HK and Macao factories. Just the name changed.

JC
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:07 am

Darthberizing wrote:

Have you looked at them all? Smile This certainly has me interested in doing some digging for information, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow. As I mentioned, my DT Luke came from a childhood EB set and was a 3 line coo. I have no reason to doubt the person I bought it from as it was the person who mailed away for it, but it doesn't help that my example is not sealed in the baggie. With 3 baggie variations for the DT Luke though, I honestly would expect that the COOs could vary, especially with the later SW-c baggie.

Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:35 am

I made a decision. Since I'm not selling either of my DT's. I'm gonna put them back with the figure they came with. DT "circles" will go back with the black eye coo1 2line and the regular DT saber is going back with brown eyes coo6 3 lines.
Thanks for everyone's help. -Steve
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:04 am

shawn_k wrote:
Darthberizing wrote:

Have you looked at them all? Smile This certainly has me interested in doing some digging for information, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow. As I mentioned, my DT Luke came from a childhood EB set and was a 3 line coo. I have no reason to doubt the person I bought it from as it was the person who mailed away for it, but it doesn't help that my example is not sealed in the baggie. With 3 baggie variations for the DT Luke though, I honestly would expect that the COOs could vary, especially with the later SW-c baggie.

Shawn - to answer your question , yes I have. I took 2 years off from work and found every sealed baggie. Totally worth it lol!

Seriously, I don't disagree in theory with you. However , just like people swearing they had a rocket Fett, people aren't going to remember if they swapped a figure for a nicer one. Until someone chimes in with a sealed baggie with anything but a 2 line COO I've got to default to 2 Line being the only correct.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:30 pm

If it helps:

DT came with:

- 2-line coo (big HK...not the small HK)
- 3-line coo

Thats what I was told was confirmed in baggies on EB kits (more then one time!)!

There is 4 coos because each of the coos has two slight different ones!

My 2-line large HK has BROWN eyes, which is very uncommon for 2-line large HK Lukes....I have only seen those with DT sabers! This one has the early DT saber and is unplayed with!

No proof for nothing, but I have found out other CSI stuff about that figure (I wont post...sorry guys) and to me its 100% early figure for DT saber!
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi Wolff, thanks. Does eye color matter though?
and

"No proof for nothing, but I have found out other CSI stuff about that figure (I wont post...sorry guys) and to me its 100% early figure for DT saber!"

Why won't you post and share your info? It would be helpful to the others. But that's your choice, so I respect that.
-Steve
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:08 pm

stevefdwyer wrote:
Hi Wolff, thanks. Does eye color matter though?
and

"No proof for nothing, but I have found out other CSI stuff about that figure (I wont post...sorry guys) and to me its 100% early figure for DT saber!"

Why won't you post and share your info? It would be helpful to the others. But that's your choice, so I respect that.
-Steve

Some stuff should just not be posted because scammers may copy it......and Im not 100% sure because I have tested it on only 2 figures!!

I think the brown eyes are a must on the very early 2-line large HK figures. But of course you can be sure that on Mocs also black eyed figures were packed with DT sabers...maybe even in EB kits!! Wink

Its just going on and on!! Paint shemes have nothing to do with changing weapon production. This doesnt go together...why should it??
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:14 pm

I understand and thanks for your help Wolff. It is appreciated.
-Steve
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:11 pm

Hey Wolff. The early DT you are talking about, is that the "circles" variant? If you don't want to comment online, drop me a PM if you get a moment... Thanks, -Steve
ps- Mine came with a black eyed coo1 (2 lines, large HK)
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:20 pm

Sorry for the delay getting back with the coo photos for these baggies, but its been a busy week & I kept missing daylight hours needed for taking the pic's.

Sadly on close inspection it would appear I have an imposter in the ranks being a ESB-c baggie (Tape sealed) MIHK bag with a raised bar China coo, I am pretty sure I have been dupped on this one - gutted as I can't trace back where it came from, I presume the bag COO & figure COO ALWAYS match?, are there any confirmed examples of factory error baggies?.

Getting good(ish) photos of a coo through a baggie in no easy matter BTW & through a baggie & AFA case was a right mare!

6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 IMGP8892
6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 IMGP8891

SW-a

6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 IMGP8897
6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 IMGP8898

ROTJ-i

6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 IMGP8899
6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 IMGP8900

My suspected Fake, figure is as mint as is possible though, ESB-c but with the raised bar :scratch:

6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 IMGP8901
6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 IMGP8902

Palitoy Light brown hair dark blue/purple horizontal large font text

6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 IMGP8903
6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 IMGP8905

SW-d

6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 IMGP8906
6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 IMGP8907

ESB-a

6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 IMGP8893
6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 IMGP8894

& for a bit of fun my 2 loose LFB's brown hair fluro pink high-lights Sad

6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 IMGP8895
6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 IMGP8896

Blondie
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:50 pm

Thanks Wolff for clearing all that up. Thats the kind of info I want in here, the ones that can be clarified. And to add further to what you said on certain info being put out for scammers, thats one of the biggest things Bill McBride wont do, put the info out there he has on the Vader DT's. ReValveIt has enough info to make them close to the originals without having the full details on it. Could you imagine what the hobby would be like if it was all revealed on how to spot one? Bad enough with Poon doing what he's doing.

Another thing I want to mention is one thing I would like to see that Im not. Thats MOC's and 12" figures. Please remember that this thread is for the figures, not just variants. I know theres alot of collectors who collect both of those areas out there. I would like to see this as the one stop thread that anybody can look back on to find what they want instead of having to search through a ton of posts to find the info they want. Thats one of the reasons why I wanted to do this thread. Its alot easier to look in one thread than to have to search for what your looking for in 500 threads.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Blank post for future updates Smile
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:47 pm

Frank, I wouldn't worry "too much" about the COO's matching. From my understanding it is fairly common. My RC baggie says Made In Hong King, but the figure is a no COO. I would definitely flag it but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it either.
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 1:07 am

Here is a MOC Canadian Luke Skywalker brown hair on a 41 Back C . (It´s not mine any more!)

6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 Lukrbh10
6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 Lukrbh11

Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Darthberizing wrote:
shawn_k wrote:
Darthberizing wrote:

Shawn - to answer your question , yes I have. I took 2 years off from work and found every sealed baggie. Totally worth it lol!

Seriously, I don't disagree in theory with you. However , just like people swearing they had a rocket Fett, people aren't going to remember if they swapped a figure for a nicer one. Until someone chimes in with a sealed baggie with anything but a 2 line COO I've got to default to 2 Line being the only correct.

I think the answer to this is both are "correct". I think because of the differences in baggie types that can be found for the EB kit, that there could be a COO change. And we all know Kenner loved to change them some COO's. Very Happy

From what I could find, there are SW-A, B and C baggie types that are known to exist in an EB Kit. I've also found that even standard saber Luke's come in SW-A baggies which lends itself to Kenner making the running change from DT to ST.

Here's a pic from the Archive listing that has the regular saber Luke in a SW-A baggie.

6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 Eb-figures

I just don't know that we can apply a blanket rule to these. There is just too much room for error. I do think it's an interesting topic to debate though. I think it's like a chicken and egg scenario. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:32 pm

Chris

I gotta say that, IMHO, until someone somewhere shows a 3 line COO in a sealed baggie I don't see how people can debate it. I mean nobody has a single example. Even Orange Hair Luke has a MOC.

I know people harken back to the arguements of owning it forever, or buying a childhood collection, but who can remember if they moved a lightsaber 30yrs ago?

I think it was a theory that turned into legend that morphed into fact. However, since it's accepted I guess it only matters recreationally.

I'd love to see someone break out a 3 Line COO baggie and put it all to rest............................ or open a 12bk DT Luke lol!
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:05 am

Hi All,

I've got the same figure (Palitoy No COO Light Brown Hair) He came with a really pale yellow saber with a 'B' on the hilt. In looking it up, it seems that these sabers came with the very early versions of the figure (which I thought were blonde?) So, Is this the wrong saber for this figure, or is this a possible combination?

Thanks

-J
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:08 am

I would encourage everyone to add/post this information in the FOTW thread that features Luke Skywalker - farm boy.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3786-the-official-fotw-thread-luke-skywalker-farmboy
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:31 am

Msz124 wrote:
I would encourage everyone to add/post this information in the FOTW thread that features Luke Skywalker - farm boy.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3786-the-official-fotw-thread-luke-skywalker-farmboy

Good point. Sorry. Embarassed

-J
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:36 am

Hi All,

I've got a 'Palitoy No COO Light Brown Hair' He came with a really pale yellow saber with a 'B' on the hilt. In looking it up, it seems that these sabers came with the very early versions of the figure (which I thought were blonde?) So, Is this the wrong saber for this figure, or is this a possible combination?

Thanks

-J
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)   6 - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke Skywalker (FARMBOY)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next