The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stop the rot Petition, to try to stop Fake stormtroopers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

Stop the rot Petition, to try to stop Fake stormtroopers Empty
PostSubject: Stop the rot Petition, to try to stop Fake stormtroopers   Stop the rot Petition, to try to stop Fake stormtroopers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:06 am

This thread is for one thing – plain & simple!, to try to put across to Mr Poon that it would be in his best interests to mark his new creations (fake Stormtroopers) clearly with the word Reproduction or at bare minimum a large R on the back leg where the Current vintage COO is & to make it indented rather that raised to avoid them being easily scarred out.

My thoughts are this – if he can see that it would be to his benefit to do so (so he will sell more) then he will do so, after all the number one thing I would think in his mind is making as much cash from his investment as possible, & if those of us that are considering buying these refuse to until the COO is altered & make no mistake lots of folks will want to buy these regardless of consequences of what a few collectors say on a public forum.

There will be lots of folks wanting to buy these for army building/dioramas/re sale in bulk etc etc & if anyone considering buying some & especially those wanting to buy them in large batches sign a petition & if possible also contact Mark either here or via his email or via ebay & say I want X amount of these but will not buy until you alter the coo’s then he would have no other choice that to do so.

Here is how to contact him – markpoon

Here via pm – Via Ebay ASK SELLER A QUESTION – Username ( swindfan )

His email – swindyfan@yahoo.com

This may well not work, but if we sit back & do nothing we have only ourselves to blame for not doing what we can to try to keep this hobby we all love the way it should be.

Please add your username & real name below & let see if we can’t make something positive happen!
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Stop the rot Petition, to try to stop Fake stormtroopers   Stop the rot Petition, to try to stop Fake stormtroopers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:31 am

Don't wanna b a spoil sport but if the guy had good intentions to begin with , he would have done something of that kind. I don't think he will do that for the following reason:

Maybe the guy was able to obtain a real kenner mold ( somehow and a rumor ) to do what you are asking him to do would mean that he would need to modify his mold which means it might depreciate the mold's value if it was to be sold again.

his copies have been said to be spot on so it has to be something of that kind. so i don't think this will change one bit. the only thing that will stop him would be some kind of legal action against him. I am not a lawyer of any kind and don't know the full extent of copyright laws. But people are upset about him selling stuff on Ebay and have complained about it and Ebay is apparently not doing anything about it.

People have ( as far as i know ) have reported him to hasbro and probably lucasfilm but i think what people should do is report Ebay instead. Ebay is clearly as much guilty here as the seller since:

A: Ebay's got copyright complaints and are not removing the items ( as far as i know ) which means they are not even respecting their own copyright violation policy.

B: are profiting from copyright violations and duplication of copyrighted material which opens the door to anyone who would want to openly sell duplicated copyrighted material that they do not own. So right now i could go in a print shop and reproduce valuable sports card and sell them on ebay as repro genuine cards and no one would care... ( i dont think so )

ny 2 cents on that part

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Stop the rot Petition, to try to stop Fake stormtroopers   Stop the rot Petition, to try to stop Fake stormtroopers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:57 pm

Wow, I agree with bud on that. Mark doesnt give a rats ass about anything but the cash in his pockets. He wont change the COO on them, even after he was asked to on RS. What was his response to that? Nothing, but deleted his posts and took down the FS thread. He knew he couldnt say nothing to save face in that thread, thats why he kept quiet. He already knew many of the vintage collectors didn't like his work cause of how close he came to it in the past. And now with him doing the Stormies like this. Wasted talent if you ask me.

As for Ebay, they have been reported to plenty of times. I know I sent in a report this item and I havent heard a word from them on that. The could care less too cause it would be cash out of their pockets they would loose if they shut him and others like him down.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Stop the rot Petition, to try to stop Fake stormtroopers   Stop the rot Petition, to try to stop Fake stormtroopers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:13 pm

what should happen is that people should re-report this to lucasfilm and hasbro citing to them that copyright violations have been reported many times over at ebay without any hints of investigation or even consideration for action or verification if there is a base for copyright violation at all.

Since ebay is a big corporation, this is a drop in the bucket for them of having a bunch of guys reporting this and do not care apparently. But i am sure if Hasbro or even lucasfilm would butt head with ebay on this and how they reacted ( properly or improperly) then i am sure something would happen on this.

doing petitions is a waste of time since no one is at the front of the office at ebay HQ to throw any kind of petition straight in their face. It would be nice to see Ebay's holier than Thou attitude be brought down a few notches with some kind of legal action against them. Then they would maybe have some more respects for both sellers and buyers on Ebay for some things. Personally i do not like ebay one bit anymore "but" so far it is the best source for vintage star wars stuff and people have to stick with it. But the internet landscape changes faster nowadays and what is hip today might be replaced with something else. I can't wait to see this happen to ebay and people finally waking up and moving on to other sites that offer the same services without ripping people off directly or indirectly.

peace

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stop the rot Petition, to try to stop Fake stormtroopers   Stop the rot Petition, to try to stop Fake stormtroopers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stop the rot Petition, to try to stop Fake stormtroopers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1