The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Transformers..G1 ofcourse!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tim Vader
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Tim Vader

Transformers..G1 ofcourse! Empty
PostSubject: Transformers..G1 ofcourse!   Transformers..G1 ofcourse! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 10:59 am

So, Monday I saw an ad on craigslist for some star wars toys that my wife wanted to buy for me since she was only able to get me that pop up R2 for christmas. There was a Vader case with about 25 figures, some weapons, a bunch of vehicles, and some others odds and ends. I figured $50? Hell yeah! I will give the falcon to my son, its likely a beater anyway, keep the slave 1 and I dunno, blow up the stupid rebel cruiser thing.

Here are his photos
Transformers..G1 ofcourse! B3076a7f
Transformers..G1 ofcourse! A3c278ff

I emailed him and he said he had some transformer stuff too that he wanted $30 OBO, so I said, why not, maybe their will be something cool, then he sent me these pics

Transformers..G1 ofcourse! 72016c64
Transformers..G1 ofcourse! 032abb6a

I saw bits for Devastator and Skywarp and knew immediately that I wanted all. Not being a TF collector, I have no idea what this stuff is going for, I figured that there was no way I could lose.

Well I had a friend go pick it up and he said most of it was in amazing condition, so I was stoked. I met him after working a 16 hr shift and having to be back at work at 6am and almost had a heart attack. I have not pieced all ofthe stuff together, there is a lot of parts for missing bots and bots with missing parts to sort through, but here are a few pics of what I have managed to get together so far. Enjoy!

Transformers..G1 ofcourse! _DSC6338
Transformers..G1 ofcourse! _DSC6339
Transformers..G1 ofcourse! _DSC6333
Transformers..G1 ofcourse! _DSC6336
Transformers..G1 ofcourse! _DSC6335-2

Turns out this is a MAJOR score, so I am looking to complete a few of these guys and dump off some of the crappy ones. I guess I found out my newest addiction since I just finished my kenner set. My wife hates my collecting habits, but now I can officially call her an enabler lol!
Back to top Go down
Tim Vader
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Tim Vader

PostSubject: Re: Transformers..G1 ofcourse!   Transformers..G1 ofcourse! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 11:02 am

Back to the Star wars stuff...It was also in amazing shape. The falcon looks almost new, the slave 1 is complete, as is the snowspeeder. Instead of blowing up the cruiser, I may give that to my son since I cant imagine what he and his 3 year old brother would do to that falcon. I hate not giving him that, but its honestly too nice to let it get destroyed. I need to find a beater for him, this is collector grade
Back to top Go down
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Transformers..G1 ofcourse!   Transformers..G1 ofcourse! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Tim that's not a bad way to spend $80! Great score! cheers
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Transformers..G1 ofcourse!   Transformers..G1 ofcourse! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:21 pm

Awesome Haul Tim and well worth the price you paid and then some!

Some of the highlights I see are Soundwave and cassettes, Devastator, Wheeljack, Mirage, Sunstreaker, and Swoop. It looks like you also have some of Jetfire's snap on armor in the sellers original pics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Tim Vader
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Tim Vader

PostSubject: Re: Transformers..G1 ofcourse!   Transformers..G1 ofcourse! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:01 pm

This is what I have sorted so far:
Complete
Wheeljack
Sunstreaker
Swoop
Bombshell
Kickback
Shrapnel
Ravage
Rumble
Frenzy
Lazerbeak
Buzzsaw
Bonecrusher
Hook
mixmaster
longhaul
scavenger
Blades
hotspot
groove
streetwise
bumblebee
cosmos
powerglide
warpath

Extras
Inferno hose nozzle
hook weapon
devastator head
Rodimus prime rifle
Rodimus prime blast shields
grapple blaster
grapple missiles
Jazz misslile launcher
Jazz Missiles
Jazz rifle
perceptor missile launcher
perceptor missile x3
perceptor blaster
trailbreaker fists
optimus prime fists
optimus prime gas line and handle
optiimus prime gray missiles
optimus prime black missile
optimus prime weapon
megatron gun
megatron stock and silencer
bombshell blaster
highbrow Corrosive Acid Rainmaker Rifle
Highbrow Gort
grimlock lazer stunners
grimlock sword
grimlock missile launcher
grimlock missiles x3
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Transformers..G1 ofcourse!   Transformers..G1 ofcourse! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 2:40 am

I can imagine how much fun it is to sort out that huge haul!!!

Not being a TF collector, you must have had a steep learning curve, to be able to label these items correctly. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Tim Vader
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Tim Vader

PostSubject: Re: Transformers..G1 ofcourse!   Transformers..G1 ofcourse! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:09 pm

It took me about 3 hours to sort the pile after I had put together all of the parts I remembered. Transformerland.com has a fantastic visual guide for parts. No way would I have been able to do that without it!

Unlike star wars, every character has their own specific accessories, Not just a generic blaster. The only thing I can think is more hectic to keep up with is GI Joe!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Transformers..G1 ofcourse!   Transformers..G1 ofcourse! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 6:08 pm

Congrats on the score Tim. I had a few as a kid, but never got into them much. One day I might take the plunge and buy a few again. I had 2-3 MOC from Argentina last year, kinda wish I kept them now.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transformers..G1 ofcourse!   Transformers..G1 ofcourse! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transformers..G1 ofcourse!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1