The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nein numb Variants

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Nein numb Variants - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:01 pm

Thats a good way to learn things is to read the whole article or thread. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:14 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Thats a good way to learn things is to read the whole article or thread. Razz

I read the whole site not just that page Very Happy - some good stuff on that site of his, anyhow back to -

Nein numb Variants - Page 4 Nien_squinty_vcap
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:27 pm

That was actually a joke for pomse, not you, since he said he didnt read the whole thing. Thats why this Razz was at the end. lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:30 pm

Very funny, I learned my lesson study
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 5:56 pm

Chris_J wrote:
That was actually a joke for pomse, not you, since he said he didnt read the whole thing. Thats why this Razz was at the end. lol! lol! lol!

I know that Chris Wink, just confirming what you had said - its good to take it all in, was on the same wavelength sort of Laughing

Just shows how the written word can be so misinterpreted lol!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Same wavelength? Now thats fucking scary, mate. lol! And your right, things do get taken the wrong way sometimes. Guess its the language barrier type thing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 1:11 pm

Squad Leader wrote:
Hey Snaggletooth, as promised here is my Nien nunb with no markings.
Please excuse the flash i didn't have time to set my camera gear up today but here are the pics.

Thanks for sharing the pics mate, he looks awesome and in great condition, not seen him before.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 1:24 pm

Hi Squad leader,

What is the back story on this figure? Do you recall where you got it from, sellers name and the price you paid?

It is possible to remove COO and copyright markings quite convincingly and repaint figures to cover the evidence so IMO the story and background to this figure is crucial in order for anyone to accurately say it is a pre production figure.

A first shot ROTJ figure would be anywhere in the region of $450-700 in todays market and even a few years ago this would have been a few hundred bucks if original.

I have an interest in prototypes and pre production which is why I ask, it would be nice to know if it is legitimate and the above information would definitely help.
Back to top Go down
Squad Leader
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:35 pm

Hi Joe, i got this when i first started to use ebay so i would say it's got to be getting on for around 10 years ago now and unfortunately i have no idea of the user name but he came in a lot of figures including a bagged Yoda, Leia Bespin and Cloud Car Pilot pretty sure that lot cost me around £200 maybe a little over.

The figure certainly hasn't been repainted. Any ideas on how i could go about getting this authenticated to see if it is a prototype or pre production figure?
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 1:27 pm

Hmm, I presume the seller was in America? (There would literally be no reason for a first shot to appear in the UK/Europe as they would have only been sent to Kenner as far as I am aware)

There were some cases of pre production figures turning up at yard sales or markets etc, those were I think isolated to places very close to Kenner in Cincinnati (worked their way out to kids from Kenner employees or even perhaps through the Kenner staff store where bagged figures etc were sold to employees on the cheap)

I do actually know of a guy on RS that discovered a molded legs Han Hoth with no markings that turned out to be a first shot, there was more to the story but the long and short of it was that he sent it in to AFA, Tom looked it over and gave it the green light.

AFA of course can be wrong on things and it's going to be at your own cost to get it looked at and graded even if its not legit so that has to be taken into consideration.

I also know of a guy with a Nien Nunb figure focus with various 3D prototypes that might be able to look it over for you from the pictures.
Back to top Go down
Squad Leader
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 1:43 pm

Sorry, yes it was indeed from America Joe, if you could get that guy to check out the pics it would be very much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 1:52 pm

Given him a buzz for you Smile
Back to top Go down
Squad Leader
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 2:09 pm

Cool, cheers mate! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 9:09 am

Squad Leader wrote:
Hi Joe, i got this when i first started to use ebay so i would say it's got to be getting on for around 10 years ago now and unfortunately i have no idea of the user name but he came in a lot of figures including a bagged Yoda, Leia Bespin and Cloud Car Pilot pretty sure that lot cost me around £200 maybe a little over.

The figure certainly hasn't been repainted. Any ideas on how i could go about getting this authenticated to see if it is a prototype or pre production figure?

Hello again Smile

I did get my friend to check this out for you and he actually told me the same figure has been on ebay for sale for a few years, he was in talks with the seller (which I presume is you?) and although he had some interest in buying it from you, you couldn't provide any real back story or provenance to the piece only that it was bought from a Kenner contact in the US some years ago.

Here is the ebay ad for those wanting to take a look - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-Nien-Nunb-Prototype-Pre-Production-/230410446703#ht_1532wt_806

Definitely the same figure IMO (check the broken ear and the dirt in the grooves on the back of the boot)

I must admit I find it a bit odd that it is listed as a 100% genuine first shot on ebay yet you are asking for opinions on what it is here. so what is the story mate? Smile

Back to top Go down
Squad Leader
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:19 pm

Hi Joe Smile

The lot of figures this came with mentioned that some were from somebody who used to work at kenner, and i'm sure it was somewhere in or around Ohio i got the figures, so over the years with knowing that mainly the only figures with no markings are prototypes i kinda put 2 and 2 together as i know for certain it's an original figure with no signs of tampering that i can see.
I took the figure down last or earlier in the year until i can find out what type of figure it actually is as i know it's rare but how rare?
In all the info i have is thin to nothing. When i saw this thread i thought it would be an ideal place to find some info on the figure as i thought some people here might know what type of figure it is, 1st shot prototype or factory error, but if it was a factory error then i'm sure a few more would have surfaced. So i'm still none the wiser unsure

Anybody else have any contacts they could try?
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:33 pm

Hey Paul,

Cool, well it's good that it's not still running on ebay and it still could be legit of course.

If it's of any help this is a quote from my friend:

Quote :
In the end, it really goes back to provenance. If he has no real history on the piece and/or can't be traced back to a legitimate source then it will always have a cloud of suspicion over it. There is a chance it is real but there is an equal chance it is not. The one on eBay looked to be legit as well, but since nothing could be proven one way or the other... I wasn't willing to risk it.

I know thats not a great deal of help, but considering the story and evidence presented it is really about all that can be said about the piece

*this was before he realised it was the same one on ebay*

I say your best bet is to contact Tom Derby with your pictures and ask him if in his opinion it's worth sending to AFA for grading and authentication, end of the day it will probably be him that looks it over and he is a rather knowledgeable person in the hobby.
Back to top Go down
Squad Leader
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 12:40 pm

Hey Joe, do you have a contact address for Tom Derby or should i just email AFA ?

cheers
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 1:04 pm

Squad Leader wrote:
Hey Joe, do you have a contact address for Tom Derby or should i just email AFA ?

cheers

Sure mate,

Tom - tom@collectinvest.com

AFA - custserv@cgagrading.com
Back to top Go down
Squad Leader
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 1:09 pm

Cheers mate, much appreciated! I'll get onto this this week.

Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:36 am

Hi Squad Leader, would be great if you update this thread with any info you receive from AFA, it would be interesting to here what they have to say.

Scott
Back to top Go down
Squad Leader
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:42 pm

snaggletooth wrote:
Hi Squad Leader, would be great if you update this thread with any info you receive from AFA, it would be interesting to here what they have to say.

Scott

Been a busy week but i've just sent the email over and as soon as i here anything i'll be posting here mate!

Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 4:00 pm

Squad Leader wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:

Scott

Been a busy week but i've just sent the email over and as soon as i here anything i'll be posting here mate!

Thanks for the update, I wonder if it is legit(which I hope it is for you)how AFA work it out.
Back to top Go down
Squad Leader
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 12:43 pm

Well AFA responded with this,

Hi Paul,

Tom Derby does not work for AFA anymore.  You can reach him here tom@collectinvest.com

Please let us know if we can help in anyway or with anything else?

Thanks,
Chad

and i'm yet to hear from Tom Sad

So i may send another email this week.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 8:01 pm

I believe Tom is still working with Kellerman on his new book, so it might take awhile for him to get back to you on it. Plus with the holidays coming up, he's probally doing things with his family in his spare time. Give him a few days and he'll probally get back to you when he can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nein numb Variants

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4