The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nein numb Variants

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Nein numb Variants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:47 am

Joe_O wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

Maybe we should be better to compare and share our figures and MOC to get some more information Very Happy
½ year ago I began to write down which variants I bought from who and in which country they was bought in the 70s and 80s I hope it will give be some answers in the future about variants I only do this with childhood collections where there has only been one owner.

Yes, this is the only way you can attempt to correctly categorise and identify loose figures, but and this is a big but if you are using information from loose figures with cardbacks, do not always trust that the figure came with that backer. I know that sounds silly but there is plenty of opportunity for it to be wrong. Two kids, two saved figures, but only one cardback saved, one is ESB the other is ROTJ..how to you know which one came with that card? Etc

You would need to sit down and contact ALL MOC collectors to build up a list of figure COO's on certain cards. Figure by figure is the best way, check ALL cardback versions for different COO's not just: SW Card Luke Skywalker = Hong Kong (just an example!) you would literally have to go 12A= 12B= 12C=, 12D= and so on.

If someone wanted to do it right that is.

I think it sound like a good idea I hope we can make something like that some day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:50 am

Lars, I also have an intrest in weapon variants but Have absolutely no idea.

Joe, great couple of posts and I think some sound advice, thanks.

Last edited by snaggletooth on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:52 am

To be honest, I don't know why it hasn't been attempted, all it takes is some initiative and some input from the community, I think working on one figure at a time would be the best way to do it as well. You will run into obstacles of course, some cards with the same cardback variation can have different card COOs etc and cards like Trilogos can be from loads of different countries.

You will also run up again people not caring to check or not being able to check a COO on a figure (especially figures with trays) so..it'll be hard but its the only way you can do it if you really want to categorise and find the origin of all figures in the world.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:56 am

Joe_O wrote:
To be honest, I don't know why it hasn't been attempted, all it takes is some initiative and some input from the community, I think working on one figure at a time would be the best way to do it as well. You will run into obstacles of course, some cards with the same cardback variation can have different card COOs etc and cards like Trilogos can be from loads of different countries.

You will also run up again people not caring to check or not being able to check a COO on a figure (especially figures with trays) so..it'll be hard but its the only way you can do it if you really want to categorise and find the origin of all figures in the world.

I've written a post twice now to cover this, COO's and variants but both times decided against posting it on the board. Maybe I'll have another go soon.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:59 am

I think if you are dedicated enough Scott it would pay off, just remember that you probably wouldn't be able to get anything precise like on the COO chart Wolff did (its easier to look at COO's when loose)

I often wonder if AFA took the trouble to actually photograph or note down the COO's of all the figures they removed from cards Sad I am hesitant to say that is a plus to U grading but it really is the only way to know for sure. I don't think it's a good idea to remove any figures from cards of course guys Wink

I am pretty sure Brian (Jedi543) writes down the COO's of all the figures he ever takes off of cards. Maybe he could be of some help.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 9:02 am

Joe_O wrote:

I tried to start up a thread some months ago about R2-D2, so we could know which card each R2-D2 was sold on and if it was a succes then I would have walked to the next figure. But it was not a succes Sad
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 9:04 am

Joe_O wrote:
I think if you are dedicated enough Scott it would pay off, just remember that you probably wouldn't be able to get anything precise like on the COO chart Wolff did (its easier to look at COO's when loose)

I often wonder if AFA took the trouble to actually photograph or note down the COO's of all the figures they removed from cards Sad I am hesitant to say that is a plus to U grading but it really is the only way to know for sure. I don't think it's a good idea to remove any figures from cards of course guys Wink

I am pretty sure Brian (Jedi543) writes down the COO's of all the figures he ever takes off of cards. Maybe he could be of some help.

Do AFA remove figures from moc ? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 9:05 am

pomse2001 wrote:
Joe_O wrote:

http://powerofthetoys.com/afa/
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 9:11 am

Joe_O wrote:

I know its harder to read a COO from cards but should be posible with pictures for the MOC guys to compare with, I akso think your right about it paying off Joe, depending who would get involved. Thanks for the heads up on Brian I'll get in tough with him, I'm sure lots of other collectors have done the same sort of thing also, I think you told me once that Del did the same thing with his baggies before he sold them.

As for AFA, I'd like to think they did something like that but not sure they'd share the info
Back to top Go down
Squad Leader
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:46 am

I have a Nien Nunb figure with no markings what so ever and was told it was a prototype, unless it's just a new variant to add to this thread.I'll try and get some pics done to post up when i get the time!
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 1:25 pm

Squad Leader wrote:
I have a Nien Nunb figure with no markings what so ever and was told it was a prototype, unless it's just a new variant to add to this thread.I'll try and get some pics done to post up when i get the time!

Sounds like you have a prototype there mate, I look forward to seeing the pics when you get round to it.
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:44 pm

Scott,
Since you have the magical eye, I will let you be the judge Smile

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 9:12 am

curch wrote:
Scott,
Since you have the magical eye, I will let you be the judge Smile

Not sure what your asking here Joe, Have a good look at the COO's and if you think any have different sizes or positions post closer pic's of the COO's up so we can have a look.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 9:22 am

Scott, your magical eye not working to see those are all Made in Hong Kong? lol!

Joe do close ups of the COOs and you might be able to get a better answer of what you want. Hard to tell in those shots.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 9:25 am

Chris_J wrote:
Scott, your magical eye not working to see those are all Made in Hong Kong? lol!

Joe do close ups of the COOs and you might be able to get a better answer of what you want. Hard to tell in those shots.

You need more than magic eyes to see them COO's Very Happy
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:52 am

I wasn't looking for an answer guys. Just fooling around Smile

Last edited by curch on Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:59 am

Hell, thought you needed to know something about them. Very Happy Nice figures anyway.
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:10 am

Had to break the tension on this thread somehow Smile

Thanks Chris!
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:48 am

Looks Like you've sussed out your camera now anyway Joe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 12:14 pm

yes, thanks to everyones advise, my camera is working much better Smile
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 12:54 pm

Joe_O wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:
Joe_O wrote:

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :awe: do they really remove figures from moc, I think it is so sad.

But do they not also grade MOC ? I have seen many graded MOC for sale ?
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 3:13 pm

Yes they grade them MOC. Thats what they originaly did until somebody got the bright idea that they would see about U grading figures straight from the card. Dumbest ass move they ever did. Never seen all the U grade debates here and on RS?
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 4:06 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Yes they grade them MOC. Thats what they originaly did until somebody got the bright idea that they would see about U grading figures straight from the card. Dumbest ass move they ever did. Never seen all the U grade debates here and on RS?

I am in shock Shocked
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:25 pm

pomse2001 wrote:
Chris_J wrote:

I am in shock Shocked

It is a crime dude, didn't you check out the link that Joe included for you? -

Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 12:34 pm

frunkstar wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:
Chris_J wrote:

I am in shock Shocked

It is a crime dude, didn't you check out the link that Joe included for you? -

Sure, but I did not read everything on the link, my fault.

But it is so sad that they remove them from the card head bang
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nein numb Variants   Nein numb Variants - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nein numb Variants

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next