The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some of my favorites in my collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

Some of my favorites in my collection Empty
PostSubject: Some of my favorites in my collection   Some of my favorites in my collection I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:41 pm

Hi everyone. My son and I collect together. It's a nice bonding thing that we both love. I wanted to show some of our collection that we worked hard on putting together.
Thanks for looking : )

Last 17 complete is the first 3 photos and my favorite 3 figures I own is the 4th and final photo.

Some of my favorites in my collection Last_110

Some of my favorites in my collection Last_111

Some of my favorites in my collection Last_112

Some of my favorites in my collection My_thr10
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Some of my favorites in my collection   Some of my favorites in my collection I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 11:15 pm

The figure cases are such an underated display platform, they look great. What backdrop is that?
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Display back   Some of my favorites in my collection I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 11:29 pm

Thanks James : ) The backdrop comes from my son's 2010 Bespin Cloud Car box. I like it just because it brings me back to Empire. I agree, those figure cases are awesome for display...
-Steve
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Some of my favorites in my collection   Some of my favorites in my collection I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:59 pm

congratulation steve, I love the pictures and the background is so cool with those figures, great work :buzzing:
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
A_new_hope
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
A_new_hope

PostSubject: Re: Some of my favorites in my collection   Some of my favorites in my collection I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 2:01 pm

Great work you have done puting this together, i would love to come there myself one day cheers
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: : ) Thanks   Some of my favorites in my collection I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 3:41 pm

Thanks again everyone for the kind words. One thing I can say for sure, you are better off buying complete figures because it's a pain to find all the real weapons later on. It took me quite awhile.... Not to mention doing the research to make sure the weapons were real.
: )
-Steve
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: Some of my favorites in my collection   Some of my favorites in my collection I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 5:07 pm

stevefdwyer wrote:
Thanks again everyone for the kind words. One thing I can say for sure, you are better off buying complete figures because it's a pain to find all the real weapons later on. It took me quite awhile.... Not to mention doing the research to make sure the weapons were real.
: )
-Steve

Well said, its very true.

Nice set off Last 17 and perfect choice for the other 3. I see you found a DT luke. Nice.

Cheers, Dennis.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: : )   Some of my favorites in my collection I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 6:08 pm

Yup. I finally found a decent DT Luke : ) The first few days all I did was stare at him like geek (I was soooo happy). My son did cart wheels : )
-Steve
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Some of my favorites in my collection   Some of my favorites in my collection I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 9:20 am

nice collection
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Some of my favorites in my collection   Some of my favorites in my collection I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 2:29 pm

Very cool collection love it Smile
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Some of my favorites in my collection   Some of my favorites in my collection I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 3:03 pm

Oh my gosh! This is a blast from the past. : )
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Some of my favorites in my collection   Some of my favorites in my collection I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 4:52 pm

Steve your current limelight only focuses on pre prod pieces, do you still have a production set?
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Some of my favorites in my collection   Some of my favorites in my collection I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 8:02 pm

I do still have some loose production pieces. But every piece I have limelighted above, is now gone. I sold every variant, such as my VC Jawas, Blue Snags, Fetts, to concentrate just on my first 12 focus. It's been a long and fun journey. I will be adding 1 new first shot, to my first 12 prototype collection in the next couple of months. It will be the rarest prototype in my collection. -Steve
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Some of my favorites in my collection   Some of my favorites in my collection I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 9:20 pm

Only three figures not in your run........which will it be.......................................It doesn't matter because it will be awesome. cheers I look forward to seeing it.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Some of my favorites in my collection   Some of my favorites in my collection I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 9:35 pm

Well Bryan, I had to sell my Engineering Pilot Luke to obtain this first shot. So now, I only have first shots in my first 12 prototype collection. EDIT: I do have a EP Stormtrooper that was kept and will stay in my collection. But I do have 8 first shots, in my first 12 prototype collection, to be exact. The 8th is the mystery piece, that I will announce, once it is paid for. : ) I feel, getting the last 4 first shots, may not be possible. But, we'll see what happens.

Last edited by The_Dark_Artist on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Some of my favorites in my collection   Some of my favorites in my collection I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 10:04 pm

So the stormtrooper and luke are moved on to a new home? I am sure it will be worth it for what you are unveiling. So now to figure out how to get what's missing......

Well I know if it's a vader I would offer to help you beat up bill mcbride, but I saw the arms on that guy in Plastic Galaxy, so looks like your out of luck on that.

Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Some of my favorites in my collection   Some of my favorites in my collection I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 10:32 pm

I misspoke. The Stormtrooper EP is not sold, nor will I be selling it. That was a gift from my good friend James Martin. That will be staying with me.... and it will look nice next to the new first shot I am adding : )
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: Some of my favorites in my collection   Some of my favorites in my collection I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 11:58 am

Nice display.looks great with the cloud city backdrop cheers

Daren
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Some of my favorites in my collection   Some of my favorites in my collection I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 8:50 pm

haven't received the new piece yet?? I keep checking
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Some of my favorites in my collection   Some of my favorites in my collection I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 11:23 pm

Bill, Steve has a new limelight here:
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4138-concentration-on-first-12-pre-production-more-5-2-2015

He no longer focuses on production stuff and switched to preproduction. His new limelight is fantastic as it does include a large amount of history with his pieces.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Some of my favorites in my collection   Some of my favorites in my collection I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 4:12 pm

This is such a cool collection to bond over.

My dad has his own personal (non pop culture) collections, but we still talk about collecting in general together!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some of my favorites in my collection   Some of my favorites in my collection I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some of my favorites in my collection

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1