The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Power Droid Variant ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

Power Droid Variant ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Droid Variant ?   Power Droid Variant ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 12:24 pm

Ha...Vader is one of the toughest! There is simply no end...LOL. The figure is all black....IMO there isnt even a tougher one! Wink

@Pomse

I see where you are coming from. Nevertheless I think you should focus on some missing coos. You can buy lots over years and never get them all. There is a lot of them which are really hard to find by accident. And there is the spanish, mexican, etc figures you will never get in a lot! I dont want to give ya a hard time, but from what I see you have lots of figures and also in good shape! So get them sorted and minimized and move on to the missing ones. You already have a great collection to start from.

I think you have far too many equal figures. As I said before: If you put one figure to another...they always look different Wink

Good luck...on whatever you want and decide!
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Power Droid Variant ?   Power Droid Variant ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 4:32 pm

Hi tad, thanks for the tip.

Maybe I also can give a little tip, when I try to see the differences on some figures then I first compare the coo. When I have some figures with the same coo then I look after body details and color differences. I also always take pictures of the figures and give the variant and number. I have also begun to write down who I bought it from and if the seller know what country the figure was bought in in the old days.

I hope this will answer some questions for me in the future Very Happy

Hi wbobafett,

You are right about that I maybe can buy many lots before I get some no. coo but I get weapons and I am always missing weapons. I also sometimes trade some of the figures that I have 2 of away and get some of those no coo that I am missing. You are also right about spanish and mexican figures. But I will also say that I have found 4 Lili Ledy figures in my collection that I have bought without knowing they were Lili Ledy, I have also found some production errors. But you are right I can buy many lots before I find some rare figures.

About put one figure to another...they always look different, then I would say Last 17. I have a big problem to see they look different. Only very few variants have I seen there.

Thanks mate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Power Droid Variant ?   Power Droid Variant ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:06 am

I got shock today, I finally looked on the Power Droids again today and I found a variant detail on the top of the Droid.

Power Droid Variant ? - Page 2 Sta60027

Power Droid Variant ? - Page 2 Sta60028

As you can see the 3 lines at the back of the top is much wider than on the other droid.

The droid with the wider lines was bought in the 80s in Denmark. The 3 other droids I have, has the small lines and is all bought in USA.

So maybe there is a European variant ? What do you guys think ? have you ever seen this before ?
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Power Droid Variant ?   Power Droid Variant ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:48 am

To be honest, I think thats stretching to hard to find a variant in it. No 2 figures came off the factory line the same. So theres going to be suptle differences in everyone of them. Heres a quote from a thread on RS from a guy who works in product development.

"I feel that most of these thing amount to variances in manufacturing and not something that Kenner did intentionally. While I would stop short of calling them "accidents", they are a result of the fact that no manufacturing can make 100% identical parts all day long. The long and short of it for me is that these were not done on purpose. In fact, I would say that if it were possible, Kenner would have loved to have all these toys perfectly identical, but that's not possible"

Plus the thin line one looks like theres flashing left on it. Look at it from right to left. You can see where it starts wide then bows in to make it thin. Cause= possible mold not being clean when they ran that run of them. Thats how short shots are most likely made.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Power Droid Variant ?   Power Droid Variant ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:19 pm

Check the cavity (mold) number underneath. IMO still not a variant.

edit: the cavity numbers I have are backwards 3,4 & 5 (they are found below the clicking mechanism)
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Power Droid Variant ?   Power Droid Variant ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:42 pm

aussiejames wrote:
Check the cavity (mold) number underneath. IMO still not a variant.

edit: the cavity numbers I have are backwards 3,4 & 5 (they are found below the clicking mechanism)

Hi mate, it looks like the no. 3 I have never heard about a no. there, thanks mate.

About variant, maybe we all look different on what is a variant. For me it is a variant if 2 figures does not look like each other. I think it is so exciting to find so many figures there is different and I also think there is a reason for the different no. inside this power droid, but I don't know it yet.

On the others I found the no. 2 and 5 backwards, this is so cool, I love it. Yes I wrote the no. 2 :-)

I have always thought this power droid was so boring, know I think it is very interesting.

So know there is no. on power droids, stormtroopers, biker scouts and gamorrean guards, very interesting.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Droid Variant ?   Power Droid Variant ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power Droid Variant ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2