The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vintage shops around the world

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

Vintage shops around the world  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage shops around the world    Vintage shops around the world  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 5:26 am

You are right cantina patron! lol! Laughing
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Vintage shops around the world    Vintage shops around the world  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:55 pm

Quote :
I visit there every year mate! Its a great little shop because very few know about it!

Quality little shop, I work down that end of town, so I know most of the people own there, the Vaults is a hidden treasure! He doesn't have a website and isn't on any forums, despite the fact I keep telling him he should be! But I think he set up a facebook page, I send you a link if he did.
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Vintage shops around the world    Vintage shops around the world  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:08 pm

Please do mate! Very Happy It would be greatly appriecated! Cool
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Vintage shops around the world    Vintage shops around the world  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 5:05 pm

Excellent thread & one that looks like it will be of great use to the community & should boost trade for some of these little know shops, there is a great little shop in Leicester (UK) Run by a nice chap called joe who you may or may not have run in to at the NEC, his shop is on facebook for updated stock but I don't think he has his own page.

http://leicestervintage.weebly.com/ for some info

There used to be 2 others in Leicester as well but not sure if they are still running as I have moved away from the town, love it where I am but its up shit creak for vintage collection.
Back to top Go down
caswellbot
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Vintage shops around the world    Vintage shops around the world  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Nice one Frank. as well as Leicester vintage (Joe is a top bloke by the way) there is snoopers paradise in Brighton. There also used to be a guy who rented space in Gloucester docks selling vintage. Used to be called wattos grotto.

There is also time trek which I believe is a bricks and mortar shop.

Chris.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Vintage shops around the world    Vintage shops around the world  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:02 am

FAO - Dark Sith Lord

Heres the link for Dax's Toy Shop group on facebook, it's completely blank like, but it's here either way, you can contact him through it should you need to.

https://www.facebook.com/bookmarks/groups#!/profile.php?id=100000724268017&sk=info
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Vintage shops around the world    Vintage shops around the world  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:14 pm

I remember visiting a shop years ago in Egham, Surrey called Twilight Zone. It was a small shop but it had an impressive amount of vintage moc's. Does anyone know if the shop is still exists?
Back to top Go down
caswellbot
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Vintage shops around the world    Vintage shops around the world  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:43 pm

Lol. I remember that shop too. It was wicked. There was also the toy box in shepperton but Simon mainly sold loose figures. He also used to sit in the shop and smoke all day so the figures stank. A nice guy though and he got my loose collection up and running back in about 1997 or so.
Back to top Go down
caswellbot
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Vintage shops around the world    Vintage shops around the world  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:07 pm

P.s. twilight zone no longer exists.
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Vintage shops around the world    Vintage shops around the world  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 3:06 pm

Cheers General Kahn! Cool
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Vintage shops around the world    Vintage shops around the world  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 4:42 pm

caswellbot wrote:
P.s. twilight zone no longer exists.

I suspected as much. Sad
Thanks for the confirmation.
Back to top Go down
caswellbot
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Vintage shops around the world    Vintage shops around the world  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Are you still local to Egham?? Im not far from there myself.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Vintage shops around the world    Vintage shops around the world  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:27 am

caswellbot wrote:
Are you still local to Egham?? Im not far from there myself.

I'm not local to the area. I used to know someone who went to university there & they introduced me to the shop when a few of us visited one weekend.

Last edited by cantina_patron on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Vintage shops around the world    Vintage shops around the world  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:37 am

I was in Vegas last week and stumbled across a new store while wandering around the Fremont Street Experience. They are called the Las Vegas Toy Shack and have a website here http://lasvegastoyshack.com/

They had a few vintage MOC figures and a few ships/playsets. The prices were on the higher side which is typical of a brick and mortar store, but I'll be going back on other trips. The thing that really got me was the Flagg playset they had on display. I had never seen one in person, knew it was big, but didn't know it was that big. Laughing

Vintage shops around the world  - Page 2 6699127023_6594ab20cb_z
IMG_0599 by Shawn-Kemple, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Vintage shops around the world    Vintage shops around the world  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:07 pm

Quote :
I had never seen one in person, knew it was big, but didn't know it was that big.

Whoa! One of my mates and his brother had the F14 Tomcat planes and eventually gave them to me and my brother when we where kids, and Jesus they where big, so to sit to of them on the deck and still have loads of room is truly awesome. Now that's a real playset! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Vintage shops around the world    Vintage shops around the world  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:20 am

If any one knows or can find a shop in Thailand (Bangkok), I would be more than interested as I spend much of my holiday time there !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage shops around the world    Vintage shops around the world  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage shops around the world

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2