The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED**

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED** - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED**   Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:22 pm

Capetown wrote:
Dr Dengar wrote:
UV light

Come on, Marco, you can do better! :caps: doh

Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED** - Page 2 Amsterdam-red-light-district

(Pssst Emiel, we were talking black not red,......Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED**   Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:31 pm

They use black light to make their lingerie light up. Wink

Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED** - Page 2 24_inch_black_light

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED**   Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:46 pm

Capetown wrote:
They use black light to make their lingerie light up. Wink

Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED** - Page 2 24_inch_black_light

jason11272stacey wrote:

so if it glows it's real if it dosen't glow do more tests

So that is the best way to spot fakes...if they don't light up under the black light they are not the real thing.

Cool thread, I learned something new today. Very Happy

Now let's PM Beckham

Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED** - Page 2 Posh-spice

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED**   Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:22 pm

no i said if it glows it is real as i haven't had a fake that glows

but if it does not glow that does not mean it is fake as there are some genuine sabers that dont glow so you have to do more tests Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Serket
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Serket

PostSubject: Re: Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED**   Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:54 pm

Cool.....now I just have to find a black light hhmmmm? :scratch:

Hopefully then the mystery may be solved.

I have done a drop test with this one and a lightsaber that I know is 100% legit and they both sound the same to the point where if you close your eyes and randomly pick up either saber and drop it you can't tell them apart.

This sabre sinks in water (in it self is not conclusive, but with the other factors adds credibility)

It's molded out of yellow plastic (not painted)

Could it be this http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/stsabers.htm

Or is it a variant......? Surprised

I will post results of black light test as soon as performed!

Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED**   Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 4:58 am

go to a sunbed tanning centre and take it in with you lol!
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED**   Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 10:49 am

Thanks guys, I will try find some black light.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
jedi534
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
jedi534

PostSubject: Re: Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED**   Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 1:01 am

It looks legit to me. It also looks like it's just been stretched. Roll the tip with your thumb & index finger. Does it roll perfectly or does it have some resistance like it's slightly flat or oval?
Back to top Go down
jedi534
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
jedi534

PostSubject: Re: Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED**   Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 5:16 pm

I'm sorry, did I kill this topic with my last post??? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED**   Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 5:56 pm

no buddy i think the topic was allreddy dead lol!

or should i say we are wating for the result of the black light test Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED**   Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 6:55 pm

I'm still curious if it is legit.
Back to top Go down
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED**   Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 7:48 pm

Me too! I've never seen anything like it.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED**   Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 6:55 pm

jedi534 wrote:
I'm sorry, did I kill this topic with my last post??? Embarassed

I thought it was a good question Bryan i too also think its legit myself but its certainly bigger than any tip i have seen.

It would be good to try the test you mentioned and also see what it looks like under a black light Smile

Back to top Go down
Serket
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Serket

PostSubject: Re: Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED**   Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:53 pm

jedi534 wrote:
It looks legit to me. It also looks like it's just been stretched. Roll the tip with your thumb & index finger. Does it roll perfectly or does it have some resistance like it's slightly flat or oval?

When rolling the tip between finger and thumb it does feel slightly oval, not completely round. What does this mean?

I'm still trying to source a black light for tha "glow" test snd will post results here asap.
Back to top Go down
jedi534
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
jedi534

PostSubject: Re: Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED**   Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:48 am

Serket wrote:
jedi534 wrote:

When rolling the tip between finger and thumb it does feel slightly oval, not completely round. What does this mean?

I'm still trying to source a black light for tha "glow" test snd will post results here asap.
If it's been stretched, I think it would stretch out flat before it stayed round. Also in your pic where the fat part meets the thin part, it looks like the thin part gets bigger which tells me it flattened out a bit.
Back to top Go down
Serket
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Serket

PostSubject: Re: Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED**   Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:20 pm

jedi534 wrote:
Serket wrote:
jedi534 wrote:

If it's been stretched, I think it would stretch out flat before it stayed round. Also in your pic where the fat part meets the thin part, it looks like the thin part gets bigger which tells me it flattened out a bit.

Any idea as to what may cause it to stretch like this?
Back to top Go down
jedi534
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
jedi534

PostSubject: Re: Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED**   Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:33 am

Serket wrote:
jedi534 wrote:
Serket wrote:
jedi534 wrote:

Any idea as to what may cause it to stretch like this?
Baby Teeth!

Most "stretched" sabers are caused by toddlers chewing on the ends of them. Perhaps this baby was stopped in his or her tracks before it caused any significant damage! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED**   Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED** - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Luke farmboy saber with extra long tip?? **PIC ADDED**

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2