The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread!   Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 5:06 am

Welcome to the "Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread!"

As many of you know im a sucker for a bargain like many collectors i revel in the thrill of the hunt / chase but for me personally there is nothing sweater than landing an incredible Vintage Star Wars Bargain!

Later today / tomorrow im gonna add a few of my favourite Bargain pick ups to this thread which will show pictures and price paid Smile

If you have any awesome Vintage Star Wars Bargains that your happy to share with the community then feel free to get some pictures and prices paid up! Smile

Im pretty sure this thread was made for Joe_O LOL

Jay

Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread!   Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 9:15 am

I still think my best bargian was finding an Uzay Vader on the bay with original cape and repro saber. The seller who was selling it was a new member and even though he advertised it as Uzay Darth Vader, it did get any bids. I had my sniper set for a low amount because i did want to take a big risk and to my suprise i won the item at the starting price as i was the only bidder. I was amazed, as the startting price was really low and then to my suprise i did actually recieve the figure, wich i thought was never going to happen. It all looked good and as described.

Sadly, later on i sold it on here to fund some other purchases and i know it changed hands once more, now it's even up in a raffle.

I am not suprised it scored an AFA85 as this Uzay vader looked really good, to bad it's missing that original barn red saber. I hope to see it get completed once by one off you.

cheers, Dennis.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread!   Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:15 am

Well there are a couple of ways to look at this. Trades and outright purchases. Ive made some great buys , but some incredible trades. What Im most proud of is I started really collecting in 2008 so I don't have any crazy number becuase it was in 1995 or something. That's not a dig at anyone who did, just saying my purchases are recent.

Some that come to mind right off the top:

ESB 3 Pack - $242
Italian 4 Pack - $260
ESB 21bk Canadian Fett MOC - $449
Baggie DT Luke - $250
Harbert Vader MOC - $202
Orange Hair Luke - $20
DT Luke loose (2 of them , for $58 and $125 respectively)

Now everyone forget this when and if I ever sell these lol!

Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread!   Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:45 am

My best deals I got was a boxed loose Falcon minus the jedi training ball for under $20 and a "prototype" Pre-school Ewok for under $8 (still not sure of the story of it). A lot of loose figures and cases which included several Ledys, Blue Snag, and rare ESB vinyl case for $425. There was a few others on top of that.

As for non Star Wars, a lot of prototypes for $2.95 BIN that included a prototype of the unproduced Waterworld female figure, unproduced Congo figure missing its left arm, and several pieces from Doomsday from Superman comics.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread!   Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 11:18 am

Some great buys in here already and it just shows that perseverance and patience can pay off.

Here's a few of mine, but I'm going to try and stick mostly to what I've kept for my own collection. Wink

Online bargains

Luke Jedi MOC
Moulded Face Luke $50
Clipper Trilogo Luke $66
65A Blue Saber Snap Cape $60
Palitoy Italian Sticker $82

Coins
Chief Chirpa Coin $45

Mailers
EB Certificate $30
Anakin $10.50
Nien Nunb $5.00
Ackbar $15
Survival Kit $12
Young Jedi Followup $6.50

Local bargains

$6 Garage Sale Lot

and I guess I'll disclose the recent Early Bird price. Smile It was $450, but after selling my extra paperwork came out at $350.

Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread!   Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 11:46 am

Mine would have to be my MIM ROTJ MOC Vader which I later found out is a Ledy figure.

Total cost - Traded 2 modern "TVC" figures to a friend who has no interest in vintage or even trying to find out values of anything.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread!   Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 1:38 pm

I only collect loose figures, but I've scooped a couple of O.K bargains, I won a Han Hoth on Ebay that looked, from the really badly taken picture, that it could be the moulded legs version, won it for just shy of 6 quid and it was.

Once I was looking for a Alien poster on Ebay that my mate used to have on his door, ended up stumbling across a set of figures advertised simply as "toy aliens" and whacked a bid on, and won them for 99p as the only bidder, the set of figures where:
Hammerhead, Pruneface, Chief Chirpa, Barada, Amanaman and Destro ( GI Joe )
They weren't in great condition, but not too bad either, I sold them all on, and got about 80 quid I think.

Also, the blue Master Replicas FX Lightsaber in the picture ( Anakin ROTS ), I got it brand new for 20 quid in a Woolworth's closing down sale. Thanks for that one Global Recession!
:emperor:
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread!   Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 6:36 pm

I'd have to say my greatest bargain was a Canadian Transition Rebel Soldier - only $50. I bought a few figures from that seller but I was absolutely blown away when I saw that stickered ROTJ logo.

Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread! P1050995-HothRebelSoldierTransition
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread!   Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 3:41 pm

JesseVader08 wrote:
I'd have to say my greatest bargain was a Canadian Transition Rebel Soldier - only $50. I bought a few figures from that seller but I was absolutely blown away when I saw that stickered ROTJ logo.

Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread! P1050995-HothRebelSoldierTransition

I really enjoy Canadian items, and that HRS is just amazing with that sticker!!

Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread!   Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 8:52 pm

This thread brings me to tears....
Can't think of any major bargains really. Generally i've managed to pick up most of my collection at prices just under the average.
btw...nice to finally hear the EB price Shawn...great pick up.
...& John, none of yours surprise me lol!
Back to top Go down
Yr1977
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Yr1977

PostSubject: Re: Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread!   Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread! I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 3:27 am

I scored a few items.
MIB B-wing with inserts and everthing. $35
12 bck C3-PO $40
12 Death star commander $22
loose luke in stromtrooper armor with helmet and blaster. $5

12 backs are mint, at least 85

Thats mine

Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread!   Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread! I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:04 am

WOW Guys some incredible bargains and as Shawn said it just shows that patience and perseverance pays off!

Jesse that Canadian Transition Rebel Soldier for only $50 has to be a bargain of the decade what an outstanding piece congrats!!

Here are a few of my recent bargains -

German General Mills ESB Yoda MOC - £36 (Pounds) shipped (Courtesy of a cheeky Best Offer coupled with a £10 off eBay Voucher)

Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread! GermanGMYodaforchat

Kenner Darth Vader Die Cast MOC 20bk $35 (Dollars) shipped (Picked it up off an ebay seller on an out of ebay deal)

Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread! Diecastvadertie

Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread!   Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread! I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 11:39 am

My greatest bargain so far has to be trading one Mexi bootleg for a bunch of Polish unarts and 1st, 2nd adn 3rd gen figures. We both got something we wanted really bad.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread!   Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread! I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 1:10 pm

LL complete Jawa:
gun, hood, cape, figure all 100% Ledy for 80 USD!

Same on LL burgundy Bib: 80 USD!

and Poch Han Hoth darkbrown pants: 40 USD!

as well as PBP Biker Scout: 1 euro!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread!   Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread! I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:40 am

Paul that sounds like a stella trade buddy!

Wolff you got some seriously awesome bargains there bro!

Now get some pictures up lol!

Jay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread!   Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your ALL time Greatest Vintage Star Wars Bargains Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1