The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Model Builders?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
robbiezombbie
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
robbiezombbie

Model Builders? Empty
PostSubject: Model Builders?   Model Builders? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 4:07 pm

Does anyone else build or convert the older AMT/ERTL models? (Not sure how they might of been labeled in other countries.) I use to be a very avid Star Wars model builder but have been out of it for a few years and am looking to get back into it now that my building and modeling skills have gotten a fine tuned. Here are 2 I did a few years back, they started out as just the basic kit but then I converted them to be a lot more accurate.
1st is my Snow Speeder. This model was pretty good out of the box but there was some room for improvement. I completely cut out the side panel like pictured in the Archives book and built the exposed engine parts from scratch. All panel lines on the body were removed and scribed in to be more accurate. The cannons were completely rebuilt...the list goes on and on.
Model Builders? Snowsp10

Close up of the exposed removed panel area.
Model Builders? Snowsp11

Also, here's my B-Wing. This kit was a mess out of the box!!! This kit was warped and had to be built, then cut apart, then re-built. The guns are all completely built from scratch from brass and styrene
Model Builders? B-wing10
Model Builders? B-wing11
Model Builders? B-wing12
Back to top Go down
http://terrorgloves.com
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

Model Builders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model Builders?   Model Builders? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:16 am

yeah i build all kinds of models but mostly gundam.
got a studio scale xwing on the bench but dont have time to finish it.
dont even have a place to build for the moment in my new house untill i organize my collection room to fit a desk to work on.

Model Builders? 003sp.th
Model Builders? 065vq.th
Model Builders? 064rc.th
Model Builders? 063aw.th
Model Builders? 001mbo.th
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

Model Builders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model Builders?   Model Builders? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 9:50 am

Is that the Hasbro X-Wing that came out recently? That sucker was huge, but I didn't get it myself after I found out the wings were hollow and there was only one! What's your take on it? That's alot of modifying to get to look right!
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

Model Builders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model Builders?   Model Builders? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 9:55 am

Oh btw... I've got every single AMT/Ertl/MPC Star Wars kits ever made and have built them all at least twice a piece (some more then others like the X-wings at least 20 times). I love accurizing them! I took the original R2 and 3PO and completely modified them to look like they came out of the movie! Even went as far as to gold leaf 3PO and put fiber optics in R2. Came out really nice! Ask Texan about them! Smile
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

Model Builders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model Builders?   Model Builders? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 4:17 pm

LrdSatyr8 wrote:
Is that the Hasbro X-Wing that came out recently?  That sucker was huge, but I didn't get it myself after I found out the wings were hollow and there was only one!  What's your take on it?  That's alot of modifying to get to look right!

Jim, it's probably not a recent kit since the post is from 2011. lol!

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

Model Builders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model Builders?   Model Builders? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 4:20 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
LrdSatyr8 wrote:
Is that the Hasbro X-Wing that came out recently?  That sucker was huge, but I didn't get it myself after I found out the wings were hollow and there was only one!  What's your take on it?  That's alot of modifying to get to look right!

Jim, it's probably not a recent kit since the post is from 2011. lol!

I hate it when that happens! LOL You start commenting on a thread and don't realize it is several years old. I'll have to remind myself to look at the dates of the posts closer! DUH!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

Model Builders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model Builders?   Model Builders? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 11:44 pm

I love for old threads to get a bump. Gives people a chance of seeing something they may not have seen.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Model Builders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model Builders?   Model Builders? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Model Builders?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1