The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SW model thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 5:20 pm

Post up all your models and techniques you use to make them in here. Whether its a vintage and modern snap tight or glue types or the scale models. Lets see some of those killer ones I know are out there. If possible, show the boxes with it if you still have them.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
robbiezombbie
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
robbiezombbie

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 6:52 pm

Since I asked for the thread, I'll kick it off. I'll add more detailed pics later but here are 2 of mine.
1: MPC/AMT/ERTL Snowspeeder. Some of my modifications consist of: I converted it to look like the exposed panel one in the Lucasfilm Archives book. I also custom built the cannons from Brass tube and sanded off the typical AMT raised panel lines and re-scribed new ones.
2: MPC/AMT/ERTL B-Wing. This kit was the GOLD version. I stripped the gold plating and built it up. The Cannons on the wings are custom. The kit also out of the box bows to I cut it in half and modified it so it would be straight.

[img]SW model thread Displa10[/img]
Back to top Go down
http://terrorgloves.com
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:12 pm

Oh..................these kind of "models"

tongue

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
robbiezombbie
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
robbiezombbie

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:04 am

Heres some shots of the B-Wing. I need to finish the cockpit but other than that I'm pretty proud of this one.

[img]SW model thread B-Wingtop[/img]

[img]SW model thread B-WingCannon[/img]

[img]SW model thread B-Wingbottom[/img]

[img]SW model thread B-Wing[/img]
Back to top Go down
robbiezombbie
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
robbiezombbie

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:12 pm

My Snowspeeder. This one has to be my favorite that I have built. I actually wrote up the conversion guide to this model with tons of pics while I was building it back in 2001. I had a dream at one point of building and converting Star Wars models, writing up the conversions and publishing them online. But....now 11 years later that still has yet to happen. This model, although not exact, is based off the pictures in the Lucasfilm Archives book.
And while everyone hates repros including myself, you can see in the pictures I actually found a good use for at least one repro blaster. hahah

[img]SW model thread Speederfront[/img]

[img]SW model thread SpeederSide[/img]

[img]SW model thread SpreederPanel[/img]

[img]SW model thread Spreederrear[/img]
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Robbie that's some great models and I like the modifications. You're inspiring me to go out and get a kit to build now. Have you tried any of the Fine Molds kits?

Here is a good site you may not know of: http://www.starwarsmodels.com/index.html

I'll post up a couple of my X-Wing kits later, a mib vintage airfix and modern AMT snaptight.

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
robbiezombbie
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
robbiezombbie

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 5:04 pm

Hahaha, yeah if you have time and patience those models are great to do. I’d love to see some pics. Post some up!!

I haven't built any of the Fine Molds. I’m more particular to the AMT kits. Although I’d like to get a Slave 1 Fine Molds. I personally don’t like the size of certain fine molds. From what I understand, the X-Wing kit is just slightly bigger than the AMT SNAP version. I made my own mod kit for the larger scale AMT X-Wing so I know that kit like the back (or front) of my hand. IF I can find some spare time I think I’m going to start a AT-ST and add all the goodies that AMT has left off. OR…… maybe a Vader tie fighter. That kit need a lot of work though.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Very impressive Robbie. I never even thought about customizing models like that. I was always happy enough to get em put together. Very Happy When I dig my few out I have, Ill post em up here. I need to get some time set where I can get all of my stuff out and take shots of it for future purposes anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:12 am

Mib vintage Airfix
SW model thread Airfix11

SW model thread Airfix12

Built AMT Snap model. Very easy cheap and cheerful kit. Would look good painting this one up.
SW model thread Amt_xw10

SW model thread Amt_xw11

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
robbiezombbie
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
robbiezombbie

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:38 am

I made a great conversion kit for that X-wing model if you ever decide you want to build it.
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:49 am

This is something my 12-year old and 9-year old daughters have taken up with me (so much fun doing this with your kids!!!!). We bought some vintage items off amazon/ebay and broke'em open to glue/paint (the way I was raised) but since they are new at this... and yes... girls... the snap tite was a good way for them to learn. After we get a model together, we search the net for photos of the fighter, ship, AT-AT, etc for proper painting and then we paint away!

Here are some of the ones we've done. In all, we've completed 22 in all with more on the way! Smile There are many missing and the cabinet has been re-arranged many times. We've added a vintage TIE fighter, A-Wing, AT-AT, AS-AT, larger Y-Wing (first one I got was SMALL!)

SW model thread 417636_3240541485759_1307340471_n

SW model thread 421164_3240543085799_1033467418_3262819_382653986_a

SW model thread 419774_3240545445858_1033467418_3262824_1012366265_n

SW model thread 424478_3240547125900_10475041_n

SW model thread 425869_3240549405957_1033467418_3262831_1236897372_n

SW model thread 427547_3240554686089_906675043_n

SW model thread 424034_3240556966146_1418080829_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfaaf.net
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:05 am

I'll have to try those with my kids. For some reason I see us coming out with uniquely designed ships as we don't look to be as artistic as you and your daughters. Looks good!

SW model thread Tumblr_ljav97r3E81qi1gl0o1_500
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 3:32 pm

KevinA wrote:
I'll have to try those with my kids. For some reason I see us coming out with uniquely designed ships as we don't look to be as artistic as you and your daughters. Looks good!

Thanks Kevin, we've had a lot of fun doing these together. I end up painting a lot of them myself, but I let them go to work on the gray on gray with the TIE fighters... they 'age' the look of them, make them look like they've been used quite a bit. The Falcon, I did almost all the painting because I had to correct the paint job it came with (it was a snap).

Overall, have had a lot of fun with the girls making models & it brings back a lot of childhood memories. The A-Wing was really neat because I found pieces of my A-Wing from the early 80's in an old toy box.
Back to top Go down
bootyhunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
bootyhunter

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 3:46 pm

That's a great little display, I remember owning an Airfix speeder bike kit
which was awesome once built I wish I'd kept it now head bang
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 4:54 pm

bootyhunter wrote:
That's a great little display, I remember owning an Airfix speeder bike kit
which was awesome once built I wish I'd kept it now head bang

What sucks if finding pieces of those models in old toy boxes! I found half a bike, an A-Wing and X-Wing that I put together over countless hours when I was a kid Sad
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 1:56 am

Just a couple of close-ups of my 'walkers' or AT series... I'll try to get them all up later (tomorrow). Getting sleepy tonight!

SW model thread 534305_3760064513510_744391979_n

SW model thread 165866_3760064753516_1033467418_3504340_1620533989_n
Back to top Go down
grinchy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
grinchy

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 1:03 pm

great model build ups guys, love the snowspeeder especially really nice job on that
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 8:32 pm

Well although now recent builds these are the SW ones I have done already I have a bunch that still need to be made and one I am working on which is almost complete.

A walk in the snow Smile
SW model thread IMG_0329_zps4072ead0

The Falcon
SW model thread 006_zpsa6e1b103

This is the Tenitive 4 that was done using a micro machine I still need to finish the rest of the dio.
SW model thread DSC00073_zps33b9de67
SW model thread DSC00072_zpsee2a5c13
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 10:25 pm

Very cool Larry. Is the falcon customized other than paint or did you make that cut away section? I am not talented enough for models. To small a scale to work in.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 10:45 pm

The Falcon was sold as a cut away kit years ago in the mid 90's by AMT I believe, I always like this particular one.
Back to top Go down
grinchy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
grinchy

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 6:59 am

Great job on the at at and falcon, the blockade runner is cool to, especially at that scale
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 3:50 pm

Here's some of my latest acquisitions for building:

SW model thread 20160718
SW model thread 20160719
SW model thread 20160720
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 6:06 pm

All of those look like great models. I like the speeder bike the best I think.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 9:46 am

Yeah the speeder is nice but I couldn't resist getting these either:

SW model thread Atst10

That one is gonna be fun... but I bet you can't guess what I'm gonna do with these?

SW model thread R2r510
SW model thread 3po10
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 6:34 am

Nice pickups Jim, look forward to seeing these.
I didn't know Airfix made DW kits. That 10th Doctor and Martha Tardis is really cool
dalek

The Speeder Bike should be good. If anyone wants to know about a great vintage Speeder Bike build and diorama, I'd recommend the Jan/Feb 1986 issue of Fine Scale Modeller. Really makes you appreciate some of the work that can go into creating.

SW model thread Finesc10

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SW model thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW model thread   SW model thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SW model thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next