The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NOOB Question about trilogo variations!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

NOOB Question about trilogo variations! Empty
PostSubject: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 11:35 am

will somebody please explain to me what i should be looking for regonizing the diverences between

tri-logo cards

i know let the bashing begin NOOB Question about trilogo variations! Icon_neutral NOOB Question about trilogo variations! Kopfschuettel
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 11:42 am

Bingo - http://theswca.com/images-speci/Tri_bubbles/trilogo_swca.html
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 11:46 am

NOOB!!!!

Just kidding!!! I have no clue about the differences either!!!!!!!!!!!!

study study study study study study study study study study
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:02 pm

well so far ive learned that theire are five different tri-logo biker scouts i need to collect

thanks joe
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:15 pm

No problem Jimmy, Stephane also released a book called Meccano to trilogo and you can pick it up for about 30 Euros I think.

From my own searches I have concluded these variations :

Standard Palitoy (large bubble with rounded or etched edges) This is widely regarded as a "Palitoy" issue, it could have been distributed in more countries of course but as there are no other offers or specific differences that link it to any one country its easier to call it a Palitoy.
NOOB Question about trilogo variations! TRI
Clipper - Same as the above for bubble and punch but it will have a clipper offer booklet on the back and / or a small sticker on the front to signify it was released in your Country Jimmy

NOOB Question about trilogo variations! CLIPPER
Clipper cat reverse
-
NOOB Question about trilogo variations! CLIPPERB
Spanish PBP back - this is a standard palitoy front but with a different punch hole + the back of the card is a PBP 65 back image.
This is 100% Spanish origin and is considered a hybrid of trilogo a
nd PBP .
NOOB Question about trilogo variations! PBPTri8D8
NOOB Question about trilogo variations! PBPTri8D81
Early French release / Macau - These are shown in the above guide, circular hang tab/ Punch, smaller bubble and sometimes a small Macau sticker on the front of the card indicating its origin.
NOOB Question about trilogo variations! 00558
NOOB Question about trilogo variations! Th_DSCF2651
Italian issue - These are hard to spot! There should be no major difference between this and a normal trilogo (palitoy) but it might have a sticker on the back indicating it was released in Italy.
NOOB Question about trilogo variations! Afa80trilogowithgeneralmillsital-1
NOOB Question about trilogo variations! Afa80trilogowithgeneralmillsitalian

The Italian GM and the Spanish PBP are NOT mine, they will be one day Wink

The different trilogo variations can be character specific with some not available on all types of cards but most were released on the card types above.

Another note - I can't determine differences like actual figure COO's as 8D8 doesn't have one and I am not heavily into loose variations, so the differences are only what you can see from the bubble/card COO and the actual card back.

Hopefully that helps Smile

Last edited by Joe_O on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:37 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 6:08 pm

Tri logo variations that have intersted me recently are all the different cardback art on some of the Trilogos. ( http://www.rebelscum.com/feature-trilogo.asp ) "well so far ive learned that theire are five different tri-logo biker scouts " are you talking about the bubbles as well as the thin leg biker scout variant?
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 6:29 pm

Ok post updated for you Jimmy, as you can see the differences can be really minor but it sure does give you some more things to collect!

I am quite lucky that 8D8 has some pretty neat variations to track down, not all figures were released on PBP / trilogo hybrids for example.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 6:32 pm

One final point - the Italian GM sticker is reasonably rare and according to Mattias on RS there is another smaller distribution sticker that can be found.

That really is the smallest of differences but as it directly relates to the European country it was distributed in I personally think it makes it a bit more special- if you ever find a biker scout one that would be great but don't pay big bucks for it, like I said its quite rare to find the sticker but its one of those things only a quirky focus collector would care about Wink
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 6:49 pm

Now thems some informative posts! :clap:
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:30 am

thanks for the info , i will start the hunt for the 5 differnt ones i got 1 down 4 to go

post of the year twenty ten NOOB Question about trilogo variations! Icon_wink goes to joe so far NOOB Question about trilogo variations! 13179
Back to top Go down
CptHansOlo
New User
New User
CptHansOlo

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:28 am

So each Tri-logo could have 6 variations. Depending of the country where they were made/sold.
- UK
- Germany
- Netherlands
- France
- Spain
- Italy
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 12:29 pm

CptHansOlo wrote:
So each Tri-logo could have 6 variations. Depending of the country where they were made/sold.
- UK
- Germany
- Netherlands
- France
- Spain
- Italy

Yes, I would say the big five are UK, France, Spain, Italy and the Netherlands, apart from German store price stickers I am not sure how you could determine it was a German card or not?

(((Edit- The punch style mentioned in the guide by Stephen I am not familiar with , I did a quick search for "German Trilogos" and found nothing.. Sad I don't have the meccano to trilogo book to check this trianglular punch shape out, I think I have however find the last reason needed to buy the book - Very Happy )))

I think they might fall under Palitoy without any identifying price stickers/german offers.

Outside of the main differences we have covered there are some smaller variations as well like varying clipper stickers - some have the small sunburst on the front as well as the catalogue which is a nicer addition as it makes the front of the card stand out rather than just the catalogue on the back.

The Italian distribution sticker has apparently seen to vary with the one in this thread being the bigger one with more information, the other is smaller with less text although I haven't seen it yet.

I don't think we have any Belgians here yet but maybe some of you guys can answer this question : Clipper Benelux being the company name, would it be safe to say that distribution happened in all of the three countries by clipper? (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg) ?

If so there would be 2 more countries to source Clipper cards from!
Back to top Go down
roundster
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:40 pm

This is a bossk with the smaller sticker on the front...

NOOB Question about trilogo variations! 2929859750098531875S600x600Q85
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Awesome! I would love to find one of these , I have only seen the square sticker on the back for 8D8 so will have to keep my eye out for one of these little gems Very Happy

If I remember rightly you didn't have it up for sale for much? Was it a cheap pick up?
Back to top Go down
roundster
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:55 pm

Got it for about what i sold it for, from ebay italy. Shame it was so beat up Sad

Would love to find a lando skiff with that sticker on, feel very sad admitting that Embarassed
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:35 pm

Those Italian stickers are very tough to find. I found one Rebel Commando, but I had my doubts about the authenticity... they just looked TOO clean if you know what I mean?

Thanks for the photos though Joe! I too have been struggling with my Tri variants and it's nice to see them illustrated. I do need to pick up Stephane's book. I hear it's a great resource!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:36 pm

50 copies left of his book, I am just ordering one now .. be quick or it'll be another Kellerman!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:02 pm

I ordered mine yesterday. It is a great reference for Tri-logos. I never knew there was some many variations of them out there until I looked through the copy I used to own. Now to get a new copy of Kellermans in, then I'd be set.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Joe_O wrote:
50 copies left of his book, I am just ordering one now .. be quick or it'll be another Kellerman!

Wow Joe! I'm impressed that your actually getting a collecting book. Very Happy I hope you enjoy it.

This Luke showed up last week on ebay and it will probably be considered "the one that got away."

It had a $65 BIN with the make an offer option. I normally would have just done it, but money is a bit tight right now with paying off the CV/Christmas stuff on the magic plastic card. It ended up going for $55 and hopefully to one of the other focus collectors.

NOOB Question about trilogo variations! Itallianfront

NOOB Question about trilogo variations! Itallianback
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:15 pm

You know I do think that despite the condition, the price was well worth it for that Italian sticker, so strange that one showed so close to this thread!

I know the book is well worth that 30 Euros even if I know a lot of the information in it already it will be a good read and I hope to pick up some more knowledge and see some great carded figures, I think in general what puts me off buying collector books is the price + the fact that I do a LOT of research and reading on the net, even if it takes me a longer time to amass the information and I have to use 10 different sources I enjoy doing it.

Still, if a cheap Kellerman comes up.. Wink I will be all over it.

Once again Shawn - Sorry you missed the Italian Luke but I think anyone paying off CC bills has to make those kinds of decisions - I would have done the same mate! Fingers crossed we spot another one some day.
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:23 pm

Joe you had a chance to get my Kellerman book MIB!!!!!

As of now... its still Josh's!!!! Unless he backs out!!!
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:32 pm

Joe_O wrote:

Once again Shawn - Sorry you missed the Italian Luke but I think anyone paying off CC bills has to make those kinds of decisions - I would have done the same mate! Fingers crossed we spot another one some day.

Luckily I've got some watchful eyes out there. Very Happy It was another board member that pointed this one out to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:11 pm

coachk28 wrote:
Joe you had a chance to get my Kellerman book MIB!!!!!

As of now... its still Josh's!!!! Unless he backs out!!!

Well I asked if you were selling it cheap and you said you would think about it, then one day in chat Josh said "CONSIDER IT SOLD - IT'S MINE" even after I said I might be interested, so I took it that you sold/traded it to him.

I can't afford $100 or more for a book sorry.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:51 am

Great Thread guys and very informative!
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:34 am

jaymassive619 wrote:
Great Thread guys and very informative!

no problem jay just doeing my best to help y'all help me NOOB Question about trilogo variations! Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NOOB Question about trilogo variations!   NOOB Question about trilogo variations! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NOOB Question about trilogo variations!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1