The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's the best loose variant of all time?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:18 pm

I would chop off a toe for the Ledy and TT jawas Dan. You need a spare toe?

Nice trio buddy.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:56 pm

GanjaFett wrote:
Sith Noob wrote:
Dumb question - How do you tell if the face is painted or not? I have a few of these guys and they all look different.

I believe the easiest way to determine if its a moulded or painted face is looking at the hair. I have a moulded face Luke and you can obviously tell the hair is painted on a flesh colored head as opposed to the face being painted on a hair colored head.

I also have the Gen. Madine moulded face and painted face variants and when you look at these types of variants, its obvious when you have them in hand and even more obvious when you have their counterpart to compare to.

You shouldn't have any problem telling if you have a moulded face Luke Jedi if you're holding it in your hand, its just hard to tell if you're looking at a hazy ebay picture sometimes Laughing

Good luck dude.

And I'm kinda thinking something weird is going on with your blue saber. Are you sure its not a painted repro? You might try giving it a little scratch on an inconspicuous spot.

Looks like all my Luke Jedi's - Hong Kong, Taiwan, and No Coo are all painted faces. I'll get some good pics up but my camera has crapped out on me right now. As far as the saber goes, I scraped it with a knife and it's definitely cast plastic. I'm working on those detailed pics as well. Verdict is still out on that one.

Thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
Paul-itoy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Paul-itoy

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:43 am

Gotta save a place for Trilogo Boba Fett.....

What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 5350250702_388a153e6c
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:49 am

Looks like the Trilogo Boba Fett has overwhelmed my choice of loose figure variant :

What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 11460_190279613405_681648405_2943137_7188143_n

or the "Removable" Rocket Lili Ledy Boba Fett! Cool
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 9:06 pm

The Toltoys VC Jawa and Lili Ledy Jawas are my favorites.. Each one is pretty hard to find and usually command a premium. Of course, that is my biased opinion..
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:00 am

I've only just got into variant collecting. Some of my favourites are DT Luke Farmboy, Hollow tubes Tusken Raider, Han white moulded legs, Blue Snaggletooth, YPS Snowtrooper, Tri Logo Boba Fett painted dart, Han Hoth tan moulded legs, Leia Boushh reverse painted torso and Lobot one white arm.

What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 E1040394

Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:29 pm

Going back to the Jedi Luke Variants. From left to right are:

Sunburn Taiwan, Painted MIHK, NCOO - Molded Head or painted? This one definitely looks and feels different than the other 2.

What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 DSC02032

I
Back to top Go down
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:36 pm

To me all 3 are paintet faces.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:41 pm

hansole wrote:
To me all 3 are paintet faces.

I guess I'm never going to be able to eyeball the difference until I can get one in my hands.
Back to top Go down
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi

well I have shoot 2 pictures of my luke jedies. I only have those 2 in my collection, the painted face are a no coo luke jedi.
Please note that the painted face has a more "fat" face than the molded head and that the molded head is molded in the same plast type as the luke ponchos head. Hope this helps you in your hunt.

What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 Lukemh1

What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 Lukemh2

I'm sorry the lukes are not in the same spots in the 2 pictures
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 3:18 pm

Ahhh, the "fat" head is a big give away in those photo's. I clearly see what you mean now with the comparison photo. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 3:19 pm

Sith Noob wrote:
Going back to the Jedi Luke Variants. From left to right are:

Sunburn Taiwan, Painted MIHK, NCOO - Molded Head or painted? This one definitely looks and feels different than the other 2.

I think its only the Taiwan luke jedi that can be molded face mate, all the others are painted.

Even though I've only got the one my favorite variants i've seen to date are the POCH Han hoth and Tri Fett. Thers so many though and I do Like them Ledy Jawas and the POCH Luke Xwing with black emblems. Not even seen the Tie Pilot with AT AT emblems but it sounds cool.

Last edited by snaggletooth on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vaders_child
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
vaders_child

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:03 pm

lili ledy burgundy cape squid has to be my personal favorite of all time,im lucky enough to own one
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 7:20 pm

snaggletooth wrote:

..... Not even seen the Tie Pilot with AT AT emblems but it sounds cool.
What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 Tie_pi10
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 1:47 am

There can be only one ... and currently there is only one Smile (my personal favourite anyway)

The 1978 Ledy R2
What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 Lr2_2
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 2:35 am

yes yes yesssssssssssssss 78 R2
Back to top Go down
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

PostSubject: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:37 am

Without a doubt the best loose variant (to me) is the orange hair Luke (farmboy).

Dom Cool
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 10:42 am

What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 Tie_pi10

Thanks for that Javi, Awesome mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the best loose variant of all time?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2