The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's the best loose variant of all time?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

What's the best loose variant of all time? Empty
PostSubject: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:45 am

So I've been thinking of adding some different variants to my loose collection. And I was curious what the best loose variant of all time is? At least in your opinion. It could be Ledy, PBP, TriLogo, molded, painted anything. I just want to know what that one variant is that stands above the rest and would help round out a collection.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:49 am

I hear this guy's pretty popular!

What's the best loose variant of all time? Lukes

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 12:05 pm

As a character, and staying with Luke, Luke Jedi has many different accessory combinations. As a line, I like some of the PBP/Poch figures.

Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 12:24 pm

Joe_O wrote:
I hear this guy's pretty popular!

What's the best loose variant of all time? Lukes

Are you talking the OJ Luke or the DT Luke Joe?

I would think the DT Luke could easily be crowned king. But there are some other great ones out there.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 12:35 pm

I vote for this guy. Smile Snap cape and no paint on the face.

What's the best loose variant of all time? Moulded+taiwan
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 1:14 pm

I like all the Luke Farmboy hair variants. Boba doesn't really have any cool variants beside his belt color so Farmboy gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 1:26 pm

shawn_k wrote:

Shawn I can only dobbelt that. Luke Jedi Moulded head is a realy the best variant figure. And in my book Han Solo Small Head are right after.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 1:34 pm

shawn_k wrote:

Ditto... It is shame that this was replaced with a painted face version very soon after, but relative scarcity to the painted face versions is another reason why I like it
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 1:53 pm

Dumb question - How do you tell if the face is painted or not? I have a few of these guys and they all look different. I'm not looking at them right now but here is the one I just got:

Looking at this picture it looks a little glossier than yours. I'm sure you guys can tell right away if it's painted. Ans it doesn't have a snap cape.

What's the best loose variant of all time? DSCF0172
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 1:59 pm

Sorry dude... That "Hong Kong" Luke rocks in terms of condition but it a painted version.

Only the "Made in Tiawan" factory made moulded heads.

(dude send me a photo of that sabre front on so I can see the hilt properly)
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 2:03 pm

Craig T wrote:
Sorry dude... That "Hong Kong" Luke rocks in terms of condition but it a painted version.

I like to call that one the sunburned variation. Laughing

The best way to tell when looking for one is the darker brown color hair and more of an actual flesh colored face. Pretty much all of the others are very pale with the exception of the one you've shown where it has more of a red hue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 2:16 pm

hansole wrote:
shawn_k wrote:

Shawn I can only dobbelt that. Luke Jedi Moulded head is a realy the best variant figure. And in my book Han Solo Small Head are right after.

What about VCJ? That's a cool one too.

Personally, I think the hair variants on Farmboy aren't as neat as something like small/big head Han or the Burgundy Cape Bib.
Back to top Go down
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 2:32 pm

Well Chris the VCJ is nice, But IMO the 2 others are favoriets.

Ohh I think the Rebel Commando MOLDED HEAD is realy nice to. Maybe my number 3. Wink

Last edited by hansole on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 2:58 pm

Craig T wrote:

Ok - So I need to be looking for the Made in Taiwan COO? I've got 2 more with green sabers at home and I think one of those is Taiwan. I'll check it out later.

The saber looked a little suspect to me as well so I checked it against the reference. The details on the hilt look right but the color doesn't seem to match. I'll get some good pics and send them to you. This guy was pieced together. He came with a black palace blaster that looks like the real deal down to every detail and passes my known tests. I'm still trying to get a good detailed pic of that showing the bubble on the barrel but I just can't get it focused right. Anyway, I know this is a topic for another thread so I wont ramble.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 3:00 pm

I've got several Rebel Commandos with different looking faces. Is this a painted vs. unpainted thing again?

Can someone point me to a good thread discussing variants? I've got some reading to do.
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 3:44 pm

It's got to be the Ledy Jawa, friggin cool figure.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 4:36 pm

Exciting for me but maybe not everyone else would be silver hollow eye IG-88.

Exciting would be Takara C3PO.

The first one I have, the second I wish.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 5:02 pm

burnsy wrote:

Agree!

The Ledy Han Trenchcoat is one of my favourite variants. Look at that coat, now that's what I call a trenchcoat!!!

Did I already mention, that he also comes with a What a Face Black What a Face Bespin blaster.

No need to say more, this is pure coolness! Very Happy

What's the best loose variant of all time? IMG_3724
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 5:38 pm

burnsy wrote:

Yeah i agree with Stu, the Ledy Jawa is awesome...

What's the best loose variant of all time? LLJawa-1

and second for me would be this sucker (No, its not an Fake VCJ, but the Toltoys version..

What's the best loose variant of all time? TT_JAWA1
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 5:56 pm

Yep: TT VC Jawa & LL Jawa
wind up R2 is pretty neat too, PBP 4-lom..............
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 6:08 pm

Good to see you around Dennis, hope you're well bud.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 6:15 pm

wind up r2 is crap IMO...sorry AJ!

There are so many variants..categorized (only the best one in each category) :

Mold variants:
- Han hoth molded legs ...the molded legs are just cool.....no leia Boussh, Han white legs or others can compete!

Ledy:
- a tie between burgundy Bib and Jawa rem. hood!

TT:
-the TT luke is just the best, becuase of its magnificent accessories!

Glasslite:
- the R2 with red eye is just the best.....okay Im bored today...but I remeber as I first saw this variant!...WOW

PBP/POCH:
- very difficult descission....three favourites: Lando black neck, Tie piliot ATAT emblems and CCP pink face (maybe han hoth brown pants too)

Takara:
- still the stormtooper japan coo rocks most IMO

Kenner:
- ah thats difficult.....I love them all, but blue snag, OH luke and VC jawa as well as aussie VC jawa are the best IMO!

Okay I have 3 Jawas in my best off!!!! Very Happy

But hey...they are the coolest variants....so they deserve it!

Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:38 pm

Sith Noob wrote:
Dumb question - How do you tell if the face is painted or not? I have a few of these guys and they all look different.

I believe the easiest way to determine if its a moulded or painted face is looking at the hair. I have a moulded face Luke and you can obviously tell the hair is painted on a flesh colored head as opposed to the face being painted on a hair colored head.

I also have the Gen. Madine moulded face and painted face variants and when you look at these types of variants, its obvious when you have them in hand and even more obvious when you have their counterpart to compare to.

You shouldn't have any problem telling if you have a moulded face Luke Jedi if you're holding it in your hand, its just hard to tell if you're looking at a hazy ebay picture sometimes Laughing

Good luck dude.

And I'm kinda thinking something weird is going on with your blue saber. Are you sure its not a painted repro? You might try giving it a little scratch on an inconspicuous spot.

Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:41 pm

Oh, and as far as which variant I think kicks total ass...

The Ledy Jawa, VC jawa or TT VC Jawa are definitely up there in my book. I'm gonna say the purple-smock Ugnaught Laughing Just kidding, I'll have to go with the Tri-Logo Boba Fett as my "King of Variants".
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:13 pm

here's a cool three of a kind,in different suit's. Stormie Smiley
What's the best loose variant of all time? 00319
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the best loose variant of all time?   What's the best loose variant of all time? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the best loose variant of all time?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next