The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable Empty
PostSubject: AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable   AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:06 am

Bill posted this over in the RS AFA section but I don't think it will reach a deserving audience there Wink

http://www.c7yb.com/index.cfm?comicID=20110110

Use the navigation arrows at the top to read page by page Smile
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable   AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:15 pm

HaHa, Love it!!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable   AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:05 pm

That was hilarious. Cant wait to see the next page. I'm going back to see what else he's done.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable   AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:19 pm

That was pretty funny and oh so true.

To support Bill I just bought a print version of the first page as I thought it would be fun to have for the collection. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable   AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:59 pm

Wow am I the crotchety old man here?

I know it's tongue in cheek but I didn't find it funny at all. I mean I really didn't . I abhore the pratice of U grading but sorry, not amused in the least.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable   AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 4:55 pm

Must admit the first time I read it I thought the chopping the collector up was a bit much lol but second read it was pretty funny Very Happy

It takes a bit of a jab at both sides in my eyes - the overly passionate collector so outraged he's ready to explode and the oblivious U grade collector giving nonchalant responses speaking down to the regular guy, and what's more - they are going at it in cartoon form- it's the next best thing to a real life RS U grade debate - cartoons YAY! ! LOL

Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable   AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 1:57 am

I enjoyed it. All of them are pretty good. I liked the nephew locking himself in the SW room. "the cloth cape looks so much better" Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable   AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 3:39 am

Whilst i totally agree with the sentiments & the cartoons are well done, it's just not that funny.
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable   AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 6:19 pm

Creative comic art from Bill Cable! :clap: It certainly has some dark humor in it, who knows that the ignorant U grade collector is going to be hit bloody with his item.

Everyone, this is an alternate ending IF the U grade collector was really cut up and neatly packed into all his clear acrylic action figure display cases. This scene is from Amicus' 1973 Vault of Horror :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8U-gNUGonQ&feature=related

just watch the first 1 minute, and you can what could have happened to him! :noooooo:
(Characters potrayed by the late Terry Thomas and Glynis Johns)
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable   AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:21 am

It made me chuckle.... seriuosly though perhaps someone should email this dude the cartoon. I really hope the U95 doesn't spark a new interest from uneducated & new to the hobby collectors:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Luke-Jedi-green-saber-Vintage-Star-Wars-UKG-U95-WOW-/330527711205?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item4cf4fc9fe5

I fucking spewing that UKG are also doing this U-grading service.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable   AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:28 am

Craig T wrote:
It made me chuckle.... seriuosly though perhaps someone should email this dude the cartoon. I really hope the U95 doesn't spark a new interest from uneducated & new to the hobby collectors:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Luke-Jedi-green-saber-Vintage-Star-Wars-UKG-U95-WOW-/330527711205?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item4cf4fc9fe5

I was considering using the UKG for a few things not so much grading but custom cases but after seeing them jump the U Grade band wagon i wont be giving them any of my money. Its a shame they had a chance to set themselves apart from the AFA and position UKG as a company that puts preservation first unfortunately they decide not to. Personally i think they will look back at this choice as a missed ship as they U Grade prices are plummeting all the time its pretty clear that when you crunch the numbers the U Grade fad is reaching its death throws.

Lets be fair as well UKG pretty much mark up 1 scale higher than AFA in most cases its always been a general rule that an AFA 80 = UKG 85, AFA 85 = UKG 90 etc. So a UKG U95 is an AFA U90 at the most.

What i have noticed recently is a lot of UKG Graded items dont fetch close to the types of premiums that AFA Graded items do.

Jay
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable   AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 5:07 pm

jaymassive619 wrote:
Craig T wrote:

What i have noticed recently is a lot of UKG Graded items dont fetch close to the types of premiums that AFA Graded items do.

Jay

UKG gradings have always seemed to have less importance to collectors, as demonstrated by the lower premiums. I think they have missed the chance (in the long term) to give themselves more sway with collectors by deciding to opt in to the U grade farce.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable   AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AFA U grade cartoon by Bill Cable

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1