The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ebay mass mailing its user base on tax bill! Hypocrites they are!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

Ebay mass mailing its user base on tax bill! Hypocrites they are! Empty
PostSubject: Ebay mass mailing its user base on tax bill! Hypocrites they are!   Ebay mass mailing its user base on tax bill! Hypocrites they are! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 6:24 pm

I cant believe how hypocrite the direction of ebay is about what they are doing right now with the tax bill lobying when "they" are finding every which way possible and legal in the book to scam people out of their money with their ebay fees and paypal fees and or other monetary gimmicks that they have going like the GSP mailing crap that lets the seller handle your customs fees for you but tacks in extra brokerage fees which PB and ebay are happy to rob from the buyer afterwards.

I got the letter form the president whining and moaning about this. I wish people would just reply to this:

"How about giving us a break on our fees and on the scams you are running ebay!"

Its just plain sad that ebay is the best source for vintage star wars stuff at this time because otherwise i would not even touch them with a ten feet pole. But i can see a day coming when mighty ebay will fall from it pedestal and fall flat on its face because of their greed! I have been a member since the early beginnings of ebay and it was fun then but now its just plain painful.

They once said that Yahoo would rule the internet forever and it was the best thing. Google came around and whipped it almost out of business. My space got wiped out by facebook. I just cant wait to see the day where ebay gets its behind whooped by some upstart company that is not consumed by greed but by an ideal of helping people instead of acting as an expensive front to help you sell or buy your treasures!

Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: Ebay mass mailing its user base on tax bill! Hypocrites they are!   Ebay mass mailing its user base on tax bill! Hypocrites they are! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 2:15 am

I agree with you.

I have starting selling on other auctions sites. I have the feeling when selling with Ebay that most of my profit goes to them, listing fees, selling fees, Paypal etc...
It remains a good source for buying though. Nevertheless, as I said I avoid as much as possible Ebay as a seller. Pity.

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Ebay mass mailing its user base on tax bill! Hypocrites they are!   Ebay mass mailing its user base on tax bill! Hypocrites they are! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 5:49 am

The idea behind ebay is or was great. The site works well, everything works well as far as an acution site can go. The problem is like i said. Its all about maximizing their profit now. Every little trick to get a quarter out of you will be used. The problem right now is that ebay has no competition because it is a brand name. Most people know ebay like they know google. so naturally the flock to it to do their business without so much thinking of selling anywhere else. Ebay knows that and takes advantage of their user base because of that.

What would be nice is that ebay would suffer from a disgrace event that would be internationally recognized and publicized. That would help people recognize that there are other venues than ebay out there waiting for their business.

I usually do not wish ill to anyone or any group but i sure as hell dont like to be abused by a corporation. I use ebay because i have no choice everyone is on there but if the sellers would give me a choice i would just put ebay aside in a heartbeat.

Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: Ebay mass mailing its user base on tax bill! Hypocrites they are!   Ebay mass mailing its user base on tax bill! Hypocrites they are! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 8:14 am

I can tell you that Ebay in France is suffering for instance. I know its only Ebay.fr but still. They tried to compete with another online auction site (le bon coin) that is totally free but they gave up recently. Indeed Ebay.fr offered free classifieds to try to match with le bon coin but they gave up after +/- 1 year.
In my country, Ebay Belgium is often offering "free listing" to attract people. Personnally now I use 2 other auctions sites. Of course selling is slower but at least free.
The additionnal think on Ebay that I don't like is - that as a seller - you almost are considered as a crook, the buyer is always right + you can not post negative feedback for ghost bidders or fun bidders, or for any whatever reason. Still I am a very active on ebay but as a buyer...
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Ebay mass mailing its user base on tax bill! Hypocrites they are!   Ebay mass mailing its user base on tax bill! Hypocrites they are! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 9:18 am

I also use Kijiji here in Canada. It's a free classified site, unless you want to pay for the extras. But it is also owned by Ebay and Google. If you look at the bottom of the Kijiji ads, you will find their copy right. It wouldn't surprise me if Ebay & Google own other free classified sites around the world. Everyone might want to check out who owns their favorite free sites. The answers might surprise you. Sad

Ebay mass mailing its user base on tax bill! Hypocrites they are! Pictur10

Ebay mass mailing its user base on tax bill! Hypocrites they are! Pictur11
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: Ebay mass mailing its user base on tax bill! Hypocrites they are!   Ebay mass mailing its user base on tax bill! Hypocrites they are! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 9:23 am

Commander Clint wrote:
I also use Kijiji here in Canada. It's a free classified site, unless you want to pay for the extras. But it is also owned by Ebay and Google. If you look at the bottom of the Kijiji ads, you will find their copy right. It wouldn't surprise me if Ebay & Google own other free classified sites around the world. Everyone might want to check out who owns their favorite free sites. The answers might surprise you. Sad

Good point! I checked! At least for the 3 sites I am often using 2 belong to Dutch investment groups. But Google and Ebay are not part.
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Ebay mass mailing its user base on tax bill! Hypocrites they are!   Ebay mass mailing its user base on tax bill! Hypocrites they are! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Like i said and i am not trying to make you hate ebay because it has its upsides but there is more downside now than upsides.

Paypal can hold your funds for no reasons. a lot of people have been victimized by this paypal process. Paypal will freeze your funds while claiming that they not gather interest on the frozen funds. ( yeah right ) plus nobody can go against paypal because it is not a regulated banking system so they can get away with that practice and also charge more than the bank would charge you for an international transaction on paypal. again you end up paying a higher exchange rate than normal. guess who cashes in!

the DSR system can work against you. enough to decrease your rating and you loose all the listing privileges that you have had and then you basically fall under ebays tutelage to try to get yourself out of the mud pit and all the way ebay will lend you a hand but you have to use their service and pay thru the nose for those services.

and more and more ways for evilbay to garner their pockets on your back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ebay mass mailing its user base on tax bill! Hypocrites they are!   Ebay mass mailing its user base on tax bill! Hypocrites they are! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ebay mass mailing its user base on tax bill! Hypocrites they are!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1