The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cloud Car question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BespinFatigues
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

Cloud Car question Empty
PostSubject: Cloud Car question   Cloud Car question I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:14 pm

Hey guys,

I recently came by a really clean Cloud Car which i purchased, it's in great shape - no scratches or yellowing to the canopies, infact there's barely a barely a mark on it. Unfortunately it wasn't until i got home i realised looking at it again from the rear, the inside edge of one pod and outside of the other seem to be coming apart. Is this a common problem? Like the glues dried out around the join?

Also the stickers, there are the usual front and back engine decals, dash decals in both pods but two more on the side of the pod that don't look like they have any business being there? Since i don't have the instruction sheet i wonder if someone could confirm the sticker arrangement, if any, on the sides of the vehichle.

Apologies for providing no pictures. Thanks in advance for any help.

Thomas
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

Cloud Car question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloud Car question   Cloud Car question I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:39 pm

BespinFatigues wrote:
Also the stickers, there are the usual front and back engine decals, dash decals in both pods but two more on the side of the pod that don't look like they have any business being there? Since i don't have the instruction sheet i wonder if someone could confirm the sticker arrangement, if any, on the sides of the vehichle.

Thomas concerning the sticker arrangements on the Vintage Twin Pod Cloud Car Vehicle please check out the scanned Instruction Sheet at :

http://www.12back.com/vehicles/cloudcar.php3
Back to top Go down
BespinFatigues
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

Cloud Car question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloud Car question   Cloud Car question I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:05 pm

Many thanks, that's exactly the confirmation i was looking for although i'm a little dissapointed i've bought 'one of the least exciting ships offered by Kenner' according to the write up lol

I'll take a pic tomorrow of the other stickers it has, i find it quite bizarre looking at them again.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

Cloud Car question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloud Car question   Cloud Car question I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:29 pm

BespinFatigues wrote:
Many thanks, that's exactly the confirmation i was looking for although i'm a little dissapointed i've bought 'one of the least exciting ships offered by Kenner' according to the write up lol.

You're welcome Thomas. Remember that "...one of the least exciting ships offered by Kenner" is just only the expressed opinion of the star wars collector who wrote that article in www.12back.com Laughing

If you really don't mind getting the modern Hasbro stuff, they have added some extra features in their 2010 Twin Pod Cloud Car vehicle to spice up this "least exciting" ship! Wink

Last edited by Chancellor_Peter on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BespinFatigues
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

Cloud Car question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloud Car question   Cloud Car question I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:19 am

Hey Peter,
I really love the ship, it's simple but it's just the colour that i find striking - i only wish Walrusman had been the pilot with his matching vest lol

Here are the pics of the one i bought and the stickers which i think i need to remove? Was there a Palitoy version of this which may have differed?

Cloud Car question CloudCar2

Cloud Car question CloudCar4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cloud Car question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloud Car question   Cloud Car question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cloud Car question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1