The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles? Empty
PostSubject: Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles?   Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:15 am

Hi Guys Smile

Quick question as i have never attempted this before -

Ha anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles?

Im keen to removed the pirce sticker on my Die Cast Vader Tie Bubble.

Its looks like an old 1990's dealer price sticker and not an actually vintage price sticker so it could be a pain to get off.

I want to avoid damaging the bubble or causing bubble scratches.

Any advice would be great Smile

Jay

Item in question -

?
Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles? SAM_0758
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles?   Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:27 am

Bubbles are tonnes easier than card, no reason to be worried really with this - use Goo gone if you have some, if not try a baby wipe, slowly do circular motions over the sticker till it starts coming up - you could try with with water if you want - just don't get it on the card.

Once the sticker is off you might be left with some residue- just use your nail to pick it off and use the wipe to clean the rest.

Just be careful with the amount of pressure you put on the bubble as you don't want to ding it, but you can't do too much damage if you take your time.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles?   Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:35 am

Before :

Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles? Chirpa13

After (bad pic)

Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles? Chirpa14
Back to top Go down
Paul-itoy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Paul-itoy

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles?   Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:41 am

Pretty much as Joe said, though I use furniture polish. Use a duster and apply a small amount of polish to the duster over your finger end and rub in small circular motions. The paper will ball up first and eventually you'll be left with the gum resdiue. Just do the same again and it will soften and lift off. Your finger nail may help to shift lumps.

Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles? 5198644347_f95cc01ed0_mHas anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles? 5199237216_291672a4f5_m

Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles? 4768869746_6cb97b2a28_mHas anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles? 4768870288_43f35e8110_m
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles?   Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Joe_O wrote:
Bubbles are tonnes easier than card, no reason to be worried really with this - use Goo gone if you have some, if not try a baby wipe, slowly do circular motions over the sticker till it starts coming up - you could try with with water if you want - just don't get it on the card.

Once the sticker is off you might be left with some residue- just use your nail to pick it off and use the wipe to clean the rest.

Just be careful with the amount of pressure you put on the bubble as you don't want to ding it, but you can't do too much damage if you take your time.

Jay and Joe there is another liquid substance that can be used for effective removal of price stickers and the gum residue. Its ZIPPO Lighter Fluid :

Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles? 9000804

I have used ZIPPO to remove the stickers on many of my Hasbro POTF2 and clear plastic window Cinema Scene Sets. Same may apply to carded Vintage Star Wars action figures.

The results were satisfactory. I dabbed out some of the lighter fluid and let it seep into the sticker to loosen the glue before lifting the price sticker. Used the lighter fluid to remove the rest of the gum residue to finish things up.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles?   Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 6:00 am

Thanks for the replies guys Smile

I went with the baby wipe method (as i had these to hand) and i was surprised at both how easy it was and the results!

Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles? SAM_0778
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles?   Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 7:41 am

It's looking great Jay! Congrat!

It is nice to see how your new focus grows.

Uli
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles?   Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anybody got any experience or advice on how to remove price stickers from MOC bubbles?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1