The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run Empty
PostSubject: Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run   Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:26 am

Hello Very Happy I do upload lots of pictures all over the place of my stuff but never really take the time to explain or show off things I have in any detail (unless asked) so here I am !

Last year I got very lucky and found the Cromalin and 77bk proof and this year I managed to track down two uncuts from a very generous collector who contacted me about taking them off his hands (before then I didn't know they existed)

I don't know if I will track down a production like cut down 79bk proof, I know there must be one out there but if not then this will be as complete as I can get the ROTJ run, I thought for that reason it was worth showing as it may never get more complete than this.

So here it is "My Run!"

Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run DSC00941
DESCRIPTION OF EACH ONE FROM LEFT TO RIGHT

::ROTJ Unmarked Cromalin:: ::77 back proof cut from sheet:: ::79 bk proof cut from sheett:: ::Production like 77bk proof (the "common" type of proof)::

The two in the middle with the intact borders are cut from a larger proofing sheet but haven't been cut down or had their punch cut yet, had they continued further along they would have all looked like the final proof on the right.

Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run DSC00943

Here are the backs, for those that don't know - a cromalin is the first stage in the process, cardfronts and cardbacks all have their own cromalin starting point and as such all are one side without a back, they are printed on photo quality paper unlike proofs which are closer to production cardbacks and they have very vibrant rich colours, pictures really don't do them justice at all!

A few years ago if anyone had said I would have a pre production run for 8D8 when I set out collecting production stuff I would have laughed but with some patience and dedication it can happen !

I don't have a huge display space so here they are "slotted" into position in my display space near my work desk Smile

Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run Display1

Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run Display2

Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run Display3

Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run Display4

Thanks for looking !

Last edited by Joe_O on Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run   Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:22 am

Thanks for sharing Joe and a very dedicated focus on this "white skinny droid" from ROTJ

I see your US Kenner Cromalin and Proof Cards, but I don't see any US Kenner production carded 8D8 in your collection, or perhaps you haven't taken the pics as yet? Wink

Last edited by Chancellor_Peter on Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run   Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:48 pm

Hi Peter, thanks Smile

Once I completed the US Kenner set I disbanded it and decided to stick to pre production and foreign to Kenner (trilogo + Ledy)

Here are some pictures of the US + CDN Kenner run before I sold it:

Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run 110

Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run 210
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run   Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:21 pm

Excellent Joe! It's great to see a shot of the preproduction run all together and to learn about each piece. I still remember the day you told me you secured that first proof and how excited you were. Who knew that a little over a year later you'd have so many more great preproduction pieces.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
_Rog_
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
_Rog_

PostSubject: Re: Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run   Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:25 pm

Fantastic run Joe!!!

Thanks for limelighting it.

Rog Smile
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run   Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:25 pm

Congrats Joe on the pre production & trilogo run,the display really does it justice too! Cool

I hope one day you'll manage to pick up the proof that you're missing & a Ledy MOC,that would really be the icing on the cake! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run   Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:06 pm

Great focus Joe. I have 3 different 8d8's, can you tell me anything about them. One has no circles on any of his hips, one has a circle on the left and the other has it on the right. I thought the one with the circle on his right hip might be ledy but they all have yellow eyes. The one with the circle on the left has a slightly lighter brown paint. Any Ideas?
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run   Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:17 pm

Sure Snaggletooth.

The hip circle variations have four possible combinations:
Both with
Both without
Left with Right without
Right with Left without

The limbs were mixed at the factory and as such there is no correlation to a specific release / MOC

The ledy is mostly identified by its hard torso which has a sharper level of detailing (check the back of him for the detailing on the plastic)
Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run Backhardtorsodescrip
Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run Frontdescription
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run   Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:22 pm

Excellent stuff Joe!

I absolutely love you new additions! The time and patience it has taken you to land these wonderful proofs is amazing! Contests on the score and thank you for sharing!
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run   Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:45 pm

Great info joe, Thanks. my one without any circles has a duller silver and darker eyes but the detail on the back of the torso/coo all look about the same, although the plastic seems a bit darker. Do all ledys have the red eyes?
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run   Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Have you got pictures on your limelight Snag ? I can have a check for you if you want Smile (don't forget over time and due to playwear/different batches of paint used in production etc that paint application, tone , colour etc can all be different from one figure to the next)
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run   Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:30 pm

Will have in two min mate, cheers Wink
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run   Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 4:18 pm

Nice to see that preproduction run, Joe! I actually really like how you've displayed them 'slotted' together with the trilogos + nice made in Macao too - makes for an interesting perspective!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run   Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:07 pm

DarthStanley wrote:
Congrats Joe on the pre production & trilogo run,the display really does it justice too! Cool

I hope one day you'll manage to pick up the proof that you're missing & a Ledy MOC,that would really be the icing on the cake! Very Happy

Thanks Mark I hope so too mate- hope this year one or the other turns up for me Smile

snaggletooth wrote:
Great focus Joe

Once again thank you and np on the help earier Smile

_Rog_ wrote:
Fantastic run Joe!!!

Thanks for limelighting it.

Rog Smile

Hey Rog! Long time no talk, thanks for dropping by to comment, appreciate it mate!

shawn_k wrote:
Excellent Joe! It's great to see a shot of the preproduction run all together and to learn about each piece. I still remember the day you told me you secured that first proof and how excited you were. Who knew that a little over a year later you'd have so many more great preproduction pieces.

It seems so long ago yet still like yesterday, weird how far things have come, thanks for keeping me sane over the last few months/years and glad you like it Shawn!

RebelChris wrote:
Excellent stuff Joe!

I absolutely love you new additions! The time and patience it has taken you to land these wonderful proofs is amazing! Contests on the score and thank you for sharing!

Time and patience and luck and money and some more patience lol Thank you Chris really appreciate it Smile

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Nice to see that preproduction run, Joe! I actually really like how you've displayed them 'slotted' together with the trilogos + nice made in Macao too - makes for an interesting perspective!

Cheers Paul! I had no real choice tbh but it did come out ok, Chris suggested carded at the back and fanning the proofs out in front but due to the toploaders + the size of the larger proofs it wasn't working out so good so its not ideal but loads better than in a box (my usual display tactic)

Once again- thanks to all , I enjoy reading your comments and I am really happy with how far this collection has taken me, even if I don't land a single new pre production piece ever again I will always treasure this run!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run   Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 7:25 pm

WOW...SICK!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

That Cromalin/proof Set is da BOMB!!!

The only thing I can image that would be "missing" here is a revenge proof! (Do they exists?)

And of course you need a Ledy MOC!!!

Help me out on the 4 Trilogos. Any differences???

I never understood how in the world you can choose 8D8 for a focus, but it pays off!!!!! AWESOME!!! CONGRATS!!!
(And much better like the thousands Fett, Luke or R2 focus).

Thnaks for sharing and keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run   Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 10:10 am

Thanks Wolff! I appreciate your post Smile

No Revenge proof was made for any ROTJ character as the Revenge proofs were being produced before the film (so only SW+ ESB characters have Revenge proofs)

I would love to get a Ledy MOC but with the way things are going I would try to get the POTF 8D8 proof first - then I can really sit on my hands and stare at the collection celebrate jawdrop

As for 8D8 , many people laugh at Z list focus characters but it gives the collector a much better chance at buying some incredible pieces without any competition Very Happy

Besides he really was my favourite as a kid :SOS:
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run   Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 7:09 pm

Awesome run. Really cool figure to focus on. I just got an 8D8 not long ago. I think he's pretty cool. I'd like to get a bootleg of him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run   Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Updated pictures of my pre production 8D8 ROTJ Run

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1