The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My 4-LOM focus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:21 am

Hey guys,

Sorry I took my pics down. Had to do some reorganizing on my Photobucket. I'll try to put more detailed pics up of the items I frequently get asked about when I get some free time in the near future.

My 4-LOM focus KevsRoom005

Last edited by KevinA on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:28 am

When you showed off that POTF proof just recently on RS I thought - wow

As such and because you have the PBP+ Clippers side by side to the proofs, your middle shelf (left and right) is my favourite part of your collection.

Great focus Kev, keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:29 am

One last thing - Are you upset he didn't make it onto a tri? Its a potential 4-5 new variations to track down for your MOC run Sad

Cheated!
Back to top Go down
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:09 am

Ya it is a little disappointing that it seemingly doesn't have a trilogoed card. I have talked to fellow Canadian collectors who swear they saw 4-LOM on the shelves at retail here so there maybe some unfound variants out there. As it stands right now the closest we've got is the 1 transition stickered card in my collection. New things seem to be found everyday though so I keep my eyes open! The POTF proof was a long time coming...it took me like a year before I decided to try and work a deal out!

Here are some up to date photos:

New items are the ROTJ Palitoy/Italian stickered import, Zuckuss attacktix prototype, Zuckuss Kotobukiya and Degostini (gifts from Bear78!) and a Promo Mini Bust.

My 4-LOM focus IMG_8323
My 4-LOM focus IMG_8335

I took a few quick shots of my Euro's and added in my newest addition: the Italian stickered import.
My 4-LOM focus IMG_8340
My 4-LOM focus IMG_8343
My 4-LOM focus IMG_8344
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:42 pm

WOW Kev what a stellar Figure focus!

4-LOM is as cool as the come he was a great fig with awesome accessories imo

Its working taking some time to go through all the 4-LOM MOC's pictured to see just how many gems are there!

The PBP Red Armour 4 LOM MOC is one serious killer piece! Love the POTF Proof as well! (of course the others aren't to shabby either Smile )

Superb run bro thanks for the share!

Jay
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 11:21 pm

That's an impressive character focus Kevin. It's great to see another Italian that ended up in a focus collection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 11:09 am

Wow Kevin! It's been forever since I've seen pics of your collection! Thanks for posting them. It's a treat to see again!

I have to agree with Joe, the second shelf is killer man! That PBP is an absolute beauty!

Thank you for sharing.
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 11:55 am

WOW!!!

What an excellent focus collection & display Kev,congrats! Cool
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:08 pm

Great focus collection Kevin!

4-LOM is one of my favourite figures anyhow, so I understand your choice for this character,

A PBP MOC version. :Drool: Unbelievable, I am still trying to find a loose one.

Curious: All the PBP 4-LOMs came with the red armour?

Cheers,

Marco
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:24 pm

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the kind words!

Yes, every PBP 4-LOM I have seen has come with the red armour (which has a different feel to the regular Kenner version, it is less rigid). The other thing to look for is the nose is quite black and the COO had been smoothed off of his right leg.

One sold on eBay a little while ago for quite a bit. The armour was good but it was a regular Kenner figure; so look out for that.

My loose PBP I have was actually a MOC that broke through the bubble in transit Sad
Back to top Go down
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 1:35 pm

I've whored these around other sites but here they are:

My 4-LOM focus KevsRoom005

Some highlights:

My 4-LOM focus Revenge4lomfront
My 4-LOM focus ESBKenner48CQCSignoff
My 4-LOM focus KennerESB45Back
My 4-LOM focus 092
My 4-LOM focus 067
My 4-LOM focus IMG_6064-1
My 4-LOM focus IMG_6009

Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 1:44 pm

Impresive focus Kevin!!
WOW!! i love the PBP MOC, i have been looking for one of those for years with no luck Sad.
I am allways happy to see a nice carded PBP 4-lom Smile, thanks for share!!!
Cheers
Jav
BTW: Just realized about the ESB 48BACK A!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 1:52 pm

:clap: Great collection Kevin. 4-LOM is a cool focus character! The ESB QC sticker is something special! I'll add your focus to the index at the top of the section later. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 2:08 pm

javiswspain wrote:
Impresive focus Kevin!!
WOW!! i love the PBP MOC, i have been looking for one of those for years with no luck Sad.
Cheers
Jav

The Offerless 4-LOM is actually a great collector story.
It went up for sale on eBay a couple of years ago along with a MOC vnyl cape jawa, POTF Yak and numerous other MOCs from an unknown low feedback seller. I was high bidder and willing to spend quite a bit of cash. Of course all the auctions were pulled, someone stymied me.

A couple weeks later I get an international text message from Bear78 (A 4LOMer before me) saying to get to a computer, the 4-LOM is back on eBay with a low buy it now. Turns out Craig Ginter bought the lot and put this up at a fraction of what I was going to pay. He has a bad reputation with some but I gotta say he did everything right with me. He got a deal on the 4LOM and paid it forward and was excitied it was coming to me when I showed him my focus pictures. He said he got offers afterward to pay double and triple what I paid but said he didn't even think about replying - he wanted it in my collection.

Craig (wherever you are) and Andy, Thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:27 am

Kevin,

Outstanding focus.. I love the POTF proof, PBP MOC and the Revenge Mock-up is KILLER.. 4 LOM has always been one of my favorite characters.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:50 pm

Kevin, outstanding collection of 4-LOM stuff. An impressive amount of different MOC:s. Great set-up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 5:25 pm

KevinA wrote:
javiswspain wrote:
Impresive focus Kevin!!
Cheers
Jav

The Offerless 4-LOM is actually a great collector story.
It went up for sale on eBay a couple of years ago along with a MOC vnyl cape jawa, POTF Yak and numerous other MOCs from an unknown low feedback seller. I was high bidder and willing to spend quite a bit of cash. Of course all the auctions were pulled, someone stymied me.

A couple weeks later I get an international text message from Bear78 (A 4LOMer before me) saying to get to a computer, the 4-LOM is back on eBay with a low buy it now. Turns out Craig Ginter bought the lot and put this up at a fraction of what I was going to pay. He has a bad reputation with some but I gotta say he did everything right with me. He got a deal on the 4LOM and paid it forward and was excitied it was coming to me when I showed him my focus pictures. He said he got offers afterward to pay double and triple what I paid but said he didn't even think about replying - he wanted it in my collection.

Craig (wherever you are) and Andy, Thanks!!!
very nice collector story indeed Smile
Thanks for sharing!! cheers
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 2:19 am

I always enjoy seeing great focus collections such as yours, love the diversity of cardbacks, also is great to see vintage and modern side by side in the same focus.
Cool run.
Back to top Go down
Russquatch
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Russquatch

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:34 pm

very cool ... I must admit when I was a kid I never cared for this guy ... but now as an adult collector ... he's for sure one of the more detailed figures from the line and really cool. and also having a wide screen ESB so I can see him more in the movie helps to add to the respect I have now

but for sure that is one awesome run of figures you have and one kick butt collection focus. congrats
Back to top Go down
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 10:53 am

Hey guys, sorry about the broken links I did some restructuring to my Photobucket as it was getting quite cluttered. I'll fix that up and get them back up on HERE soon enough. In the meantime here is my Plo Koon pre-production run I've recently started:

My 4-LOM focus PloKoon002
Back to top Go down
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:22 am

A big shout out to Anthony (GorkoRacing), I'm not sure if he posts on here or not. Also, thanks to James G for the deal on the POTJ hardcopy body. If anyone has his limbs and/or head gimme a dingle!
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 5:58 am

Nice collection of modern pieces, Kev.

So without me searching Wookiepedia...are the two meant to be the same species? What a Face Or is Plo Koon not a Gand?

Never really took much interest in the prequels. I thought they had some great new characters...It's just pity they weren't developed enough on screen Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Josh on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 10:31 am

Thanks Josh! As far ask know they are of no relation. Its kind of a coincidence that they both wear breathing masks as I never looked at it that way before.

I started collecting Plo Koon prototypes as my oldest son (4) now understands my toys are different from his. He has some Star Wars Lego and loves his Plo Koon set and wanted to have his own "special" ones. He loves opening and checking these out when the packages come in - I know that feeling!

He has started arranging and displaying all his super hero squad toys too...uh oh, my obsessive nature mixed with my wif'es over the top organizational skills....
Back to top Go down
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:44 pm

Here is a bit of an update:
The big additions would be the Australian
My 4-LOM focus KevsRoomFeb152013008_zps0b08951a

a 48D Kenner w/Palitoy sticker (What is this one designated?)
My 4-LOM focus KevsRoomFeb152013009_zps862223a9

and a couple of revenge 48D proofs.
My 4-LOM focus KevsRoomFeb152013010_zpseb70e67e

My 4-LOM focus KevsRoomFeb152013033_zps8a1ab269
My 4-LOM focus KevsRoomFeb152013039_zps10a552c4
My 4-LOM focus KevsRoomFeb152013042_zps630cd011
My 4-LOM focus KevsRoomFeb152013043_zpseb5a68eb
My 4-LOM focus KevsRoomFeb152013031_zps04149615

Some modern Zuckuss Pre-production:
My 4-LOM focus KevsRoomFeb152013013_zps0d04f438

Some Plo-Koon Pre-production that is keeping me a bit busy in between 4-LOM finds:
My 4-LOM focus KevsRoomFeb152013024_zps0d3f9ea0
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:26 am

Your collection rocks, Kevin! cheers

A beautiful sight to see a cabinet fully loaded with 4-LOM MOCs.

Thanks for sharing your update. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Sponsored content

My 4-LOM focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 4-LOM focus   My 4-LOM focus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My 4-LOM focus

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next