The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them Empty
PostSubject: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 10:45 am

i thought this would be interesting to share our knolidge on this subject and what LL figs passed on kenner cards ond so on.
the purpose of this thread is to gether info on LL figs on kenner cardbacks.

i will bite of the first one with my vadez 83 back-a made in mexico afa 80
signs are the useall for a LL vader along with the hole in the"O" on the back of the card.

Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them 001o0.thLili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them 002uw.th

this is also ment to know what to look for as im thinking about getting more LL figs on kenner MOC's

Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:10 am

This is the full set of Made in Mexico cards -

Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them MadeInMexico

This is Rog's set and he is a member here so he may well post and help out a bit with what you might expect to find variation wise.

Off the top of my head I know that whilst the figures are considered Ledy variants, its hit and miss whether or not the accessories will be actual Lili Ledy variations. So for example you may find a Biker Scout short mouth with a Kenner weapon, next time it'll be with a Ledy one.

Also - the hole in the cardback isn't always there so you need to remember to check the following : 1.The printed COO on the cardback (made in mexico)2. For a hole on the back (but it can be missing), and 3. The figure inside for a ledy variation.

Some made in mexico printed COO's are covered up by the Anakin offer sticker (which reads hong kong)
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:19 am

thanks Joe O this could be getting somewhere!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:22 am

Thats like the Scout I have. Its a ROTJ 65b bk with blue instead of green POP, no hole and LL blaster. Its hard to see the "B" on the blaster but it is the dark grey LL version of it. One thing I was wondering is why the POP is a different color compared to the regular Kenner ones of the same type.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:28 am

have no clue what youre talking about please post some pics of the scout Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:35 am

POP = Proof of purchase - Chris means the small round proof of purchase on the back of the card, it was often cut away to send off for mail away figures.

I *think* Craig covered the pop colour change in his Luke Jedi write up, I might be wrong and it wouldn't tie in with MIM cards but I think there was a pop change from one factory to another that he noticed
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:38 am

Heres the pix, Sorry for the crappy shots, got excited to see it snowing just now. cheers

POP=Proof of Purchase and I can't really get a good close up of the blaster without it being fuzzier than these

Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them Img_1416

Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them Img_1417
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:48 am

wow freaking sweet moc mate cheers
Back to top Go down
_Rog_
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
_Rog_

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 1:02 pm

Sorry I’m late to this thread guys & thanks Joe (& aussiejames Wink ) for posting the MIM set photo – it’s a lot easier than having to type out the list Smile There are better individual photos in my webshots album although webshots has lost a few of them unfortunately Sad

Some discussion on the differences / similarities between MIM figures and the actual Ledy guys can be found in Jay’s RS thread: Ledy Figures available on MIM cards True or False?

As mentioned in that thread I don’t own all the Lili Ledy guys that correspond with my MIM figures but from what I have gathered, Gam. Guard, Nien Nunb, Chirpa, Logray, Lando Calrissian, Ree Yees, Darth Vader, Paploo & Lumat are all pretty much the same. There may be slight differences in quality of finish between MIM & Ledy with MIM being slightly better, but I’m guessing if you took the nicest Ledy Chirpa for example and stood it next to the worst MIM Chief, they would be equal in quality (the LL might even be better!).
As for the others, I’ve heard that some? LL biker scouts are made from a different plastic – similar the LL Stormies. Squid Head’s paint apps. appear to be slightly darker than his Ledy brother’s and his cape and skirt might be slightly different too. LL & MIM Klaatu are pretty much the same apart from the skirt – LL figures tend to have the fluffy skirt, MIM’s don’t – however it is possible to find the non-fluffy skirt on LL Klaatus! MIM & LL Yoda too are very similar but I’ve read that their capes may be slightly different shades.
(As Joe pointed out, it’s not unusual to find MIM figures with Kenner or Ledy accessories - all my figures have Lili Ledy weapons bar the Biker Scout however, who has the ‘normal’ Kenner gun).

As for the actual cards, I haven’t seen a Kenner MIM card earlier than a 65B or later than a 77B (excluding Paploo & Lumat of course) and every MOC I own has the typical hole through the card behind the figure except for Klaatu. If anyone finds a card that doesn’t fit with the above or knows of any more figures on MIM Kenner cards, please contact me, or post here. There is a “Made In Mexico” Leia Boushh baggie (amongst others) but no MIM Boushh MOC.

As for spotting a MIM card, there are a number of things to look out for:
1. The printed COO on the cardback (made in mexico) – but it may be covered by the Anakin offer sticker (which reads hong kong)
2. A hole on the back (but it can be missing)
3. The figure inside for a ledy variation.
All mentioned by Joe.
4. Also the dull (matte) finish of the back of the cards
5. Almost always a clear bubble! – Unfortunately Chris’ Scout isn’t. It’s long been thought the hole might help prevent yellowing and the lack of one on Chris’ MOC supports this theory.
6. Blue POP’s on the 65B’s as mentioned above – different to the green POP on similar HK, Macau & China cards (but the same as Taiwan etc.)
7. & finally, a great way to bag cheap MIM MOC’s Wink If you only have a (decent) photo of the front of a 65 back, check the number under the figure! If it ends with 03 it’s going to be a MIM card! (with one or two exceptions of course Wink ) A Gam. Guard for example is 0175-204-03.
Check out Tim’s thread for more Interesting Kenner card back number observations Smile

Rog.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 1:38 pm

I disagree with MIM figures are the same as on Ledy cards. There is some that are equal and some that are quite different IMO.

Different are:
- Squidhead
(the cape only appeared on MIM card. The greyish cape that appeared on Ledy cards is really different in color and texture! So including the reddish one there are 3 different MIM/LL capes on that figure)

- Lando Skiff
(on MIM card he only appeared with golden chest plate. The LL normally has SILVER chestplate. There are also golden and silver mixed up [arms and chest) figures...and Im not sure if a pure golden also appeared on LL card. But the silverish one ONLY appeared on LL card!)

- Klaatu
(I only know the short hairy skirt with leathery belt from MIM card! Also MOST of the MIM cards I ve seen have Kenner skirts! IMO the MIM true Ledy skirt is the rarest of all LL/MIM skirts and this skirt never appeared on a LL card. There are over all 4 different skirts on Klaatu produced in Mexico!)

The rest of the figures can vary in coo and/or accessories (Kenner/LL)....but you can say these match the Ledy ones...or better...these CAN match the Ledy ones!

Just my 2 cents!

edit:

I have owned or own:
Paploo, Lando, Lumat, Klaatu, Yoda, Vader and Biker. Today they are all sold or unopacked besides the Klaatu!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
_Rog_
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
_Rog_

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 5:37 pm

I agree with you Wolff about the Squidhead cape being different to others & perhaps the skirt too.

And I don't know anyone here who wouldn't be interested in an in depth thesis on Klaatu skirts, maybe we should post photo's and write a bit about each variation sometime ................. perhaps in the new year Laughing Sleep tongue

As for Lando, my Ledy figure certainly has silver armour (although much of it is missing now Sad ) but IMO so does my MIM figure. I'm also not a big fan of Goldish Silver / Silvery Gold variations. IMO we're getting close to mentioning discolouration again Rolling Eyes Wink

Rog.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 6:42 pm

What do you guy's think about these pic's of my MOC MIM Lando Calrissian.This one has the hole in back and clear bubble.
I think the chest,arm,and shoulder paint look's silver.Other's say gold.What do you think?
In different lighting of these pic's,the color seem's different,maybe it's all in the eye of the beholder?
Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them 00312
Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them 00612
Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them 00911
Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them 01110
Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them 01212
Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them 01311
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 6:58 pm

Dan, it looks silver to me.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 12:17 pm

this is the goldish version! Typical MIM.

And the 2 variants I mentioned is NOT discoloartion. Sorry Rog but in this case Im really sure! I will post some pics soon!

Quote :
And I don't know anyone here who wouldn't be interested in an in depth thesis on Klaatu skirts, maybe we should post photo's and write a bit about each variation sometime ................. perhaps in the new year Laughing Sleep tongue

Hehe....yeah....next year! IMO there is 4 variants and only 4 variants (3 x Ledy and one MIM)! There is a 5th one on MIM crads but this is a Kenner one IMO!

edit:

Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them Img_1309

MIM on the right (came directly from card!)

Last edited by wbobafett on Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 1:00 pm

pic posted Wink
Back to top Go down
_Rog_
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
_Rog_

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 2:29 pm

DEFINITELY discolouration.

tongue

I'm really not sure either way Wink and would love for it to be a 100% confirmed variation because the 2 figures look cool next to each other! but I'm uncomfortable say with silver paint etc. turning a bit yellow/gold over time...

Cheers,
Rog.

(& just because I'm not sure about the colouring, it won't stop me from keeping a Lando that gold if I find one! ... )
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 2:35 pm

No its not!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

ah forget it: tongue x 1000!!!

lol!

But the adhesive from silver going yellow is possible but that would really look different! Im pretty sure!

ALSO: Why do you find...and I think I make this bold/huge/fat: ONLY GOLDISH ONES one MIM card???

For me there is seriously a 100% NO!

Who knows.....for me: variant tongue

Last edited by wbobafett on Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Hi Wolff.
Thank's for the info. cheers
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 3:55 am

Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them SDC11839
middle one is mixed : silver chest plate & buckle, gold shoulder pads
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 4:30 am

Might be that Lili Ledy applied silver and gold paint on the same figure. In that case it would be the only vintage figure with factory applied silver AND gold, I think.
Not very likely, that's why I tend to think this is indeed a case of discoloration.

Just my 2 cents

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 2:28 am

Its not that Ledy applied 2 colors on the same figures. Its more like the golden shoulders are limbs that might be overstock or from a newer generation mixed up with a body thats painted silver. So indeed this figure is a mix-up that happend to factorys all over the world. The most famous example is the Klaatu with tan limbs where you can get all variations: one arm, one leg two arms etc......

....or the 8-D8 where the 2 different molds from the hip can also be mixed up.

James the left one is most interesting for me. (the right one is the typical MIM color). The left one looks very yellowish...is this another one to add to the list or are the colors wrong on the pic???

I always thought there might be three: one goldish (MIM), one silver and one silver with applied yellow on it like on 3PO or on GG limbs (LL). This looks like it might be the one....if so it must be the earliest version (IMO). Check the rubs and look for true silver tiny little parts where the yellow is rubbed of....would you please?

Wolff
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 3:08 am

There is a slight difference in colour, but I see no silver. It came with my 14 back.
Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them SDC11840
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 3:17 am

what a pitty...thanks for the pic anyway Wink

If you ever get a second one pm me bro! (Ledy collection is complete, so Im not really searching for any Ledys. But this one I would like to add! )

Wolff
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 9:49 am

Hi guys

I got this Nien Numb MIM MOC a month ago. It has no hole in the back and the bobbel is yello.
He is resting on a littel plastic plate in the MOC.

What do you think, is it a Ledy ?

Thanks

Soren

Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them Plymo019

Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them Plymo020

Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them Plymo021
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:13 am

What about Vehicle in Kenner boxes MIM ? I have this Y-wing as you can see on the pictures.
Any one have any info on that ?

Thanks

The made in Mexico sticker. Note that the Lucas film Limited is straight.
Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them Plymo022

The other one. no sticker ( could have been removed ) The LFL is not straight.
Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them Plymo023

The color is not the same. MIM sticker on the the left.

Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them Plymo024
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them   Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lili Ledy figs on kenner mocs and how to ID them

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next