The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Animation cells

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

Animation cells - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:23 pm

Wow Chris! Those are incredible! The folders are amazing but those color codes are just plain awesome! I've never seen anything like that before! I've seen the color notes on the pencils but not actually seen them filled in like that! Awesome score! Wow man, I'm totally blown away!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 6:42 am

Thanks guys. Chris, told you I found something special. lol! When I was going through the pencils to take the pictures, I was like a kid at Christmas when I seen those three pages. I'll be going through them alittle better today to see if theres anymore surprises. Guess AJ was right, Ewoks are cool. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 9:32 am

Chris, those cells are just flippin ace! Great score on managing to get the folders with colour codes. The Bondo episode 1 is cute and the Ice-head characters are brilliant!
Congrats mate Smile

I want to watch Ewok cartoons now! Very Happy Cool
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 10:24 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Chris, those cells are just flippin ace! Great score on managing to get the folders with colour codes. The Bondo episode 1 is cute and the Ice-head characters are brilliant!
Congrats mate Smile

If you're serious Paul let me know. I have links upon links upon links! Very Happy

And again Chris, that's a great score! I am totally stoked for you! I can't stop looking at the pics! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 10:56 am

RebelChris (Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:24 pm) wrote:
Artoo_Detour wrote:
Congrats mate Smile

If you're serious Paul let me know. I have links upon links upon links! Very Happy

And again Chris, that's a great score! I am totally stoked for you! I can't stop looking at the pics! Very Happy

Cheers Chris! Yes I'd like that. Smile
What's also cool after seeing all this is that I have few new items on the way some of which are Ewok related - I think the artwork side of Ewoks that you see on books, vinyl, jigsaws etc is brilliant! Does anyone know if this type of artwork are actual 'stills' from the animated episodes, or created especially for the product, ie books, vinyl records?
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 1:53 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
RebelChris (Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:24 pm) wrote:
Artoo_Detour wrote:
Congrats mate Smile

Cheers Chris! Yes I'd like that. Smile
What's also cool after seeing all this is that I have few new items on the way some of which are Ewok related - I think the artwork side of Ewoks that you see on books, vinyl, jigsaws etc is brilliant! Does anyone know if this type of artwork are actual 'stills' from the animated episodes, or created especially for the product, ie books, vinyl records?

Awesome Paul... I'll flood your inbox this afternoon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 6:04 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:

I think most of the art work on those items were just for those. I just got a HUGE lot in today with some Canadian puzzles in it and most of the art I haven't seen in an episode I've watched yet. And believe me, RC can hook you up with some Ewoks cartoons. Wink

Chris, me neither, not the pix by the way. Very Happy I just picked up 3 more lots to go with the episodes 5 and 6. 2 of them is of Teebo trying out his "magic" in epiosde 5b. But from the pix, cant really tell if these have the color code sheets with them.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:06 pm

Got my newest ones in and I'm thrilled with these. Only one came with the dope sheet.

Animation cells - Page 2 Img_1439

Whats cool about the two top ones, my sister must have worked on them, her name's on it. lol! Now I just got to find the rest of it from 26B to 28B to finish that scene off.

Heres the Kneessa cells
Animation cells - Page 2 Img_1440

Color code sheet unfinished. The got some of the color in, but never finished it.
Animation cells - Page 2 Img_1441

And Teebo cells
Animation cells - Page 2 Img_1442

Animation cells - Page 2 Img_1443
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:28 am

Cool new additions, Chris! Love the Teebo cells.

RChris sent me lots of Ewok links *thanks* so me and my 2yr old boy have been watching a few - lol though he kept saying "Disney" so I suppose that's a good compliment to the animation.

Anyway, now I can say...

Animation cells - Page 2 Ilovee10
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:44 am

Great new additions Chris! You have gone mad on these things

Are you aiming to frame some of this stuff up soon I would love to see how it can be displayed outside of the folders!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:17 am

Awesome stuff Chris!!!! I love the folders! Very Happy Looks like your episodes are Episode 5, The First Apprentice and Episode 6 The Season Scepter. Both from season 2.

You'll have to tell me what the dope sheets say. It's funny to see everything scripted out. My dope sheet is a yell and a sigh. It's quite funny to read.

Are you missing any cels from the packets? I'll keep my eyes out for you if you are. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 5:56 pm

Chris, I haven't sat down and went cell by cell yet to match the sketch pages yet. I'm off work next week and I'll go through the whole lot since I'll have time to concentrate on them. Hopefully nothings missing. As for the dope sheet with this one, its says, "FLY LEAF!" and according to the sheet, there should be 29 cels in all.

Joe, yhea I plan on picking out the best of each one and frame them. It most likely will be a double frame for the ones I got the color code sheets with so I can display them together. Now if I can land the correct backgrounds for them, it'll be better. Yhea I went (actually have been for awhile now lol! ) crazy with these things. But I'm picky with them though. I try to get sets with folders and/or dope sheets with it, instead of singles anymore. But I'm going to try and finish off these three episodes (5,6, and 9) first before I go for anything else. Figure 10,000+ cells per show, I'll need a bigger house to get the complete run. jawdrop

Paul, thats cool your little one likes them and it is a compliment, for Disney. Very Happy I started to watch episode 9 to see if I can catch where my cells are, but never finished watching. Not enough time in a day for me. And I told you RC could hook you up on some. lol!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 5:23 pm

Well... I know it's not Star Wars, but it's still ultra cool IMO.

Since I felt more of a connection to some of the other cartoons from the 80's, I decided to take a run at a few of them as well as Droids/Ewoks. Anyway this is a key master set-up cel for HeMan episode 107 - The Gambler. This scene is about 13 minutes into the episode. The cel has 7 layers to it all coming together to create the full scene

Animation cells - Page 2 Heman_10

I also splurged a bit and picked up the studio file storyboard that goes along with that episode. This is really cool and there is an absolute TON of information in there about the various scenes, camera angles and what backgrounds go to which scene. Very cool stuff.

Animation cells - Page 2 Heman_11

And here is the storyboard image for my master cel! Wink

Animation cells - Page 2 Heman_12
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 6:04 pm

That master cel and storyboard are awesome Chris! It's great to see the storyboard concept and then the finished piece. This stuff is so much fun to collect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 7:48 pm

Those are just killer, bud. I'm glad you were able to land both of them together. I think I was just as excited as you were on them. The storyboards are cool just by themselfs. I didn't think there would be that much info on those things like there is.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:59 am

Very cool Chris, glad you picked up the other piece yesterday to go with this!
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:19 pm

Here's my first purchase from Droids that I'm really happy I got.

Animation cells - Page 2 Droids10

Animation cells - Page 2 Droids11
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Awesome stuff Shawn!!!!

That looks fantastic! And it's such a classic image. Mungo with R2... perfect!

Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:04 pm

Cel mania! Thats a great one Shawn!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:19 pm

That cell looks great Shawn. Congrats on getting it.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:44 pm

Heres some new ones for me.

Animation cells - Page 2 Img_1450
Animation cells - Page 2 Img_1451

Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 5:22 pm

Awesome stuff Chris!!! I love the Battle Wagon and the Chirpa from the vision/storyteller sequence. Those are great additions!

The one of Kneesa and Chirpa is quality too! What a haul man!
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 5:32 pm

Another nice haul Chris! Some really nice character cels there and I also like the battle wagon. I could see doing a run of those cels and displaying them with the toy.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 5:58 pm

I'm trying to grab everyone of the wagons I see. So far, these are the only two I ran across from the same seller. That is a cool idea about displaying them together Shawn. Got a cheap wagon for sale? lol!

The Chirpa and Kneessa one is actually two cells together for that sequence, but Chirpa is the only pencil that came with it.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 5:43 pm

Heres my latest that arrived today.

Animation cells - Page 2 Img_1452

He Man model master cells. Thanks to RC for the heads up on these.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animation cells   Animation cells - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Animation cells

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-