The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:04 pm

If for now we put colour differences down to different batches of plastic, could the diffrences in string & screws used on the Palitoy/Kenner version be a result of Ledy shipping un-assembled plastic parts abroad for assembly & packing?
I would imagine that this would have been cheaper than sending assembled ones. If Kenner manufactured their own boxes, inserts & instructions, they could have sourced their own string & screws.
Back to top Go down
DelToro_Sith
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
DelToro_Sith

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:38 am

I just have a question, in the past 3 weeks i bought different lots with lili ledy figures, mostly complete, all guns, capes, sabers,etc match perfectly, but some grey bespin blaster is like V5 type, again i purchased bootleg guns, the seller told me they were made from original Ledy moulds, i check every weapon and of course, vibroblade has a small "a",ree yees´ gun too and the bespin blaster wich is made from same material and clearly is from the same lot, is like v5 type
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi DelToro.

Nothing to worry about.

Dark grey Ledy Bespin guns were released in the V1 and V5 mould.

Dr Dengar wrote:

The Lili Ledy Squid Head and Lando came with dark grey Bespin blasters.

On page 4 and 5 of this thread there is some discussion what moulds these grey guns had?

• V1 (version with the wide grip)?
  • V5 (version with the big trigger hole)?
  • Both?

V1 mould

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 BespinBlaster_V1_Grey_LL

V5 mould

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 BespinBlaster_V5_GreyDark

AJ posted a pic of two Lili Ledy MOCs a while ago (from Christian's collection).
From this pic, it seems that Lando came with the V1 gun. Squid with the V5 gun.

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 LLsquidgun-1

John recently picked up a Lando MOC and provided these pictures to me. Thanks John. Very Happy
This Lando was packed with a V5 instead of a V1 gun.

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Imag0415

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 IMAG0519

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 IMAG0526

So based upon this info:
  • Lando came with a dark grey V1 or V5 gun
  • Squid came with a dark grey V5 gun.

Remaining Questions:
  • Did Squid Head also come with the V1 gun? A picture of a MOC would proof it.
  • Did Lando also come with a blue Bespin blaster? Also here a pic of a MOC would be nice.

Need your input here, guys!

Hope this helps.

Do you have questions/doubts about other guns in your lot?

Cheers

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 3:07 pm

cantina_patron wrote:
If for now we put colour differences down to different batches of plastic, could the diffrences in string & screws used on the Palitoy/Kenner version be a result of Ledy shipping un-assembled plastic parts abroad for assembly & packing?
I would imagine that this would have been cheaper than sending assembled ones. If Kenner manufactured their own boxes, inserts & instructions, they could have sourced their own string & screws.

Good point, Steve! That would make sense!

Any other opinions?

Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:21 pm

You may want to move this post to the POTB thread Marco, but following the discussion about the Ewok Catapult I would be interested to know whether the Ledy ships such as the Y-Wing have flat head screws. My MIM one has cross head screws.
From memory the Y-wing originally had a MIM sticker on the underside of the hull, as well as printed on the box. Could this have been assembled outside of Mexico?
If the screws do differ, does anyone know whether there is a difference between the motor or internal electrics seen in Ledy & MIM models? As this may also help provide some evidence one way or the other.
I am happy to take pics of my boxed Y-Wing for the POTB thread.
Does anyone have a Ledy version?

Edit: I've found a pic of a Ledy snowspeeder with flat head screws posted by burnsy in the FS section.

Last edited by cantina_patron on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DelToro_Sith
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
DelToro_Sith

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

Hope this helps.

Do you have questions/doubts about other guns in your lot?

Cheers

Thanks Marco, you cleared all my doubts!!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 5:34 am

In the beginning, I thought that Ackbar was the most difficult to distinguish Ledy figure.

I was so wrong.

Teebo is the one who is really giving my a headache. unsure

That's why I bought a few Ledy figures from different sources in the past two years (thx to Ozio, Adolfo, Sacko, Jedikikin, Riscan) to really have a good look at them.

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 IMG_6281

I have just spent one hour comparing all the Mexican Teebos to their Kenner brother (in the middle).

Any answers yet?

Soon, in your nearest Lili Ledy thread. smoke

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 5:14 pm

TEEBO

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_10

COO guide for Teebo
5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo10

NOTE: COO #4, #5, #6 are shared by Lili Ledy and Kenner.
These COOs only differ in very subtle ways from each other, and represent otherwise identical steel moulds that were used together during production, both by Kenner and Lili Ledy.  

COO #4, #5, #6: no COO

Teebo no COO: Kenner (left), Lili Ledy (right).
5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_11

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_12

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_13

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_14

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_15

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_16

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_17

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_18

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_19

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_20

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_21

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Ledy Teebo has:
- A shade lighter grey stripes on his body (hard to grasp by camera, unfortunately)
- Glossy instead of dull grey nose and eyes

An overview of the small COO variations found in Ledy Teebo figures is given below. Pictures were made by Ozio.

Small space between ©️ and LFL 1984: 'Aligned'.
5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 247018_108096869281323_100002430325347_83567_3856020_n

Small space between ©️ and LFL 1984: 'F' downshifted, ‘4’ upshifted.
5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 249534_108096595948017_100002430325347_83557_5476644_n

Bigger space between ©️ and LFL 1984: 'F' downshifted, ‘4’ downshifted.
5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 248967_108096432614700_100002430325347_83549_3326504_n

Bigger space between ©️ and LFL 1984: 'L' upshifted.
5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 252804_108097122614631_100002430325347_83577_4844680_n

PAINT VARIATIONS:

Major Variations:
The Lili Ledy Teebo has a variant with brown eyes and nose. This figure appears with grey stripes that have the same intensity compared to a regular Ledy Teebo, or with a shade darker stripes (comparable to a no COO Teebo).
You can read more about this interesting variant in an upcoming entry in Ozio’s special report section.
OZIO's Special Report: Unknown and Rare Lili Ledy Figures

Comparison between Teebo no COO . From left to right: 1 (Kenner), 2 (Lili Ledy, normal eyes), 3 (Lili ledy, brown eyes), 4 (Lili Ledy, brown eyes, darker grey stripes).
5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_22

Comparison between Teebo no COO . From left to right: 1 (Kenner), 2 (Lili Ledy, normal eyes), 3 (Lili ledy, brown eyes), 4 (Lili Ledy, brown eyes, darker grey stripes).
5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_23

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_24

-----------------------------

REMARK:

The Lili Ledy Teebo is hard to distinguish from the Kenner no COO figure. Personally I think Teebo is the toughest figure to identify. But like that other tough figure (Ackbar) you have to look into their eyes.

If you plan to buy a Ledy teebo make sure you have a no COO Teebo at home for comparison. With both figures in hand, the differences are much more obvious. The eyes are different, and the stripes of the no COO Teebo are a bit darker.  

To help you, I made a few more comparison shots, including the Taiwan figure. Notice the different eye colours.

Comparison between Teebos . From left to right: 1 (Kenner, Taiwan COO), 2 (Kenner, no COO), 3 (Lili ledy, regular).
5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_25

Comparison between Teebos . From left to right: 1 (Kenner, Taiwan COO), 2 (Kenner, no COO), 3 (Lili ledy, regular).
5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_26

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_27

[color=yellow]Going from left to right: 1 (Kenner, Taiwan COO), 2 (Kenner, Taiwan COO), 3 (Kenner, no COO), 4 (Kenner, no COO), 5 (Lili Ledy, regular), 6 (Lili Ledy, regular), 7 ( Lili Ledy, brown eyes), 8 (Lili Ledy, brown eyes).
5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_28

[i]Going from left to right: 1 (Kenner, Taiwan COO), 2 (Kenner, Taiwan COO), 3 (Kenner, no COO), 4 (Kenner, no COO), 5 (Lili Ledy, regular), 6 (Lili Ledy, regular), 7 ( Lili Ledy, brown eyes), 8 (Lili Ledy, brown eyes).

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_29

Top row from left to right: 5 (Lili Ledy, regular), 6 (Lili Ledy, regular), 7 ( Lili Ledy, brown eyes), 8 (Lili Ledy, brown eyes).
Bottom row from left to right: 1 (Kenner, Taiwan COO), 2 (Kenner, Taiwan COO), 3 (Kenner, no COO), 4 (Kenner, no COO).

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_30

ACCESSORIES

HOOD/SKULL:

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_31

Did you know?
I always thought that Teebo was wearing the skull of a wild pig.
Today I actually learned that it is the skull of a Gurreck, a horned predator native to the Endor forests.
This little Ewok kills brute predators!!! My respect for Teebo has grown a lot today. Very Happy

AXE:

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_32

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_33

HORN

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Teebo_34

Teebo from 5:00.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 4:58 am

As Teebo is such a tough figure to identify, I made some extra comparison shots this morning and put them in the entry.

I hope they help.

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 IMG_6325-2
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 5:13 am

I can see why you left this one to near the end!
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 3:18 pm

I would just like to thank everyone involved in making this thread happen. I'm not quite through reading the entire thread yet. I can only read a couple pages at a time. That's a lot of info to digest. It definitely makes spotting the real ledy's easier for us rookies.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Thanks for your kind words, Commander! Very Happy

A lot of people contributed to the gathered info which is presented in this thread, you can find them in the acknowledgements section on page 1.

If you have any Ledy questions now or later, here is the place to ask them.

Are you into Ledy collecting as well?

Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Marco, I do try to collect Ledy's, Kenner, PBP, etc. loose figures & variants. I think the collection is around 300 - 400 figures. Hopefully when I get the basement finished and turned into my man-cave (by christmas), I will get them out of storage and displayed.
Thanks

I will try to get some video of the motorized AT-AT & AT-ST in action loaded tonight.
Back to top Go down
DelToro_Sith
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
DelToro_Sith

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 5:16 pm

Guys i need some help here, both Squid capes are legit?

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Dsc04114
5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Dsc04115

Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 12:30 pm

DelToro_Sith wrote:
Guys i need some help here, both Squid capes are legit?

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Dsc04114
5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Dsc04115

Both legit buddy.

Cheers

Ozio
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:07 pm

Around 2003, technical cards about Ledy figures, were published in the Mexican magazine Universo Star Wars. The reference card for the Ledy C-3PO mentions two versions for this figure. One having a normal head ('cabeza regular'), the other having a big head ('cabeza ancha').

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 C3PO-2-low

Thanks to DelToro (muchas gracias Very Happy ), I could add a big head Ledy C-3PO version to my collection today. I immediately made some comparison shots with a regular Ledy C-3PO, as I was very curious to see the differences with my own eyes and then share it to you, guys.

There we go:

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 IMG_6478

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 IMG_6479

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 IMG_6481

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 IMG_6482

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 IMG_6480

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 IMG_6485

In the pic below you can easily see that the big head version has a larger width compared to the regular version. The height of the head is the same for both versions. Maybe pancake head would therefore be a better name for this version. Very Happy

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Dia1-35

I wonder whether the big head is the result of a different used steelmould. In that case, one could consider it a true sculpt variation, similar like Han small and big head.

Or might the big head be the result of some kind of plastic deformation during the production process, after the head was cast and removed from the steelmould? Similar like the two legs of one figure can have differences in lengths sometimes.

We have seen a type of deformation before, for one Ledy RL C3PO figure, discussed earlier in this thread (see pic below, nothing to do with the C-3POs in this post BTW!). If this can happen to limbs, why not to heads as well?

5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 Dia79-1

Ok let the discussion begin! Cool

What do you think? Pancake head, true variant or just a factory error?

Just share your ideas, please.

Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:57 pm

So does this pancake head come from a completely different mold? They look extremely different! Nice documentation Marco. I also like seeing the info you provided that was published back in 2003.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:51 pm

stevefdwyer wrote:
So does this pancake head come from a completely different mold?

That's what I am wondering about too.

Maybe we are talking two different steel moulds, maybe the pancake head is a factory deformed regular head, maybe something else. :scratch:

Another regular head going pancake (not for the faint of heart):
Cool

Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Marco wrote "Maybe we are talking two different steel moulds, maybe the pancake head is a factory deformed regular head, maybe something else. "

Well, your new purchase matches that 2003 article head perfectly. Congrats on adding this piece. It's also nice to have proof of its' existence from the article pic. I'll stay tuned to this topic as I am also interested in what others are classifying it as...
-Steve
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:02 pm

BTW: I forgot to mention the hole in the back.

This hole can also be seen on regular head Ledy C-3POs. Maybe a flaw in one of the used steel moulds?
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 3:51 pm

PM sent. Very Happy

The position of the hole in the back can vary?

The hole in your example (& another I've seen) looks to have been made by melting the plastic with a hot implement?

Personally I would say the 'pancake' head was a factory error. It would be interesting to know how many members have owned or seen a 3PO with this characteristic. If it is rare, then I think that would support the factory error idea, as it would suggest the head was not intended to be like that. I certainly can't imagine why it would be intentional.

Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:37 pm

Here is another example of the big head C3PO (I'm not endorsing or trying to help with this sale, but it is another example)....
AJ edit (no ebay auction links)
5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 $T2eC16J,!yUE9s6NEHMMBQE6ioookg~~60_58
5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 $T2eC16J,!ykE9s7twBh8BQE6isM+2w~~60_58
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 7:13 pm

This 'Big Head' variation it's a well know variation here on Mexico, just as the 'hole on the back' LL 3PO.
The thing I like the most about it it's that it has the hole in the back and the big head characteristics on one piece.
I've never had one, I knew about it through the 2003 technical cards Marco showed and as you can see there, there's no picture of the back of that big head variation on it, the one on ebay has that hole, Marco's has it so I really think this is a true variation, a very hard to find one, something like the 1978 LL R2.
Congrats on a great find Marco!!!!

Last edited by OZIO on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:02 pm

My bad AJ, but please know I just posted the Ebay add as proof/reference material only : ) Thank you for posting the pics.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:37 am

I have some questions about Leia Boushh in a Made In Mexico baggie.

1. Is it pot luck whether the figure comes with Ledy accessories (like the MIM carded Biker Scout, Logray etc.)?

2. Was this figure produced for sale in multipacks?

3. Are there other MIM figures found in baggies that arn't known to occur on MIM cards?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   5 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next