The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:36 pm

I had too many beers last night : )
drinking
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:40 pm

Great contribution Adolfo. Its a privilage to see so many Ledy Yoda MOC's! bow (+ points awarded)
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:09 pm

Hey I'm red now (my last post)... Ok enough from me : )
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Got two negs too in my last two posts, someone must have a lot of fun, I just don't think it is funny.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:22 pm

I was just Sleep sorry Marco Very Happy about the reply.

I also do not like all this negative, I am all ready tired of this nagative and positive. Because some is getting nagative without knowing why and we can't see what post the negative is in unless we look at all our posts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:28 pm

:bump:

some ++++++ for marco , Wink
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:07 am

I have checked the Ledy guide & other sources, but I would appretiate some expert opinions on this Ackbar. I have just discovered it while doing some sorting.
Unfortunately I don't have another example with this COO & black pupils to do comparrison photos with. The paint on the lower arms appears to more closely match the Ledy figures than the Kenner ones.
All photos taken in natural light.

[img]THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 Dscn4514[/img]
[img]THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 Dscn4515[/img]
[img]THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 Dscn4516[/img][img]THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 Dscn4517[/img]
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:31 am

This is a kenner example for 100%! I have by now 4 different eye colors on kenner, also the one shown above!

Thanks to Ozio it seems I finally have a real Ackbar and the eyes should be a bit more reddish!!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:40 am

Hey CP,

Nice figure!

Ackbar is one of the toughest Ledy figures to identify w/o having it in hands.

Your figure has Ledy traits regarding the brighter yellow stripes on the pants and the rusty claws.

I have doubts about the eyes however, they should be more pale yellow for a Ledy Ackbar.

So my final verdict: Not a Lili Ledy figure. But I hope that other members provide you a second opinion and proove me wrong on this.

Comparison between Ackbar figures with COO #1. Counterclockwise starting at the top: 1 (Kenner), 2 (Ledy), 3 (Ledy), 4 (Ledy).
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 IMG_5620

Comparison between Ackbar figures with COO #1. Counterclockwise starting at the top: 1 (Kenner), 2 (Ledy), 3 (Ledy), 4 (Ledy).
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 IMG_5623

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:41 am

OK, Wolff scooped me. lol!

So you already got your second opinion.

You can also see the brownish red puplis in the pics above.

BTW: don't trust the Ackbar which is shown on the German website. It is not a Ledy figure!!
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:55 am

Thanks very much Wolff & Marco for the quick resposes. (+ points on their way) Very Happy
I purchased this figure in the mid 90's (in the days before I'd ever heard of Ledy!). It was certainly not sold as anything 'special'.
As a new Ledy collector it was the eye colour that caught my attention. The sources I have checked make reference to Kenner figures having a solid black pupil. I wasn't sure whether mine has a thin paint app. giving the illusion of a reddish pupil, or if it was an intensional paint app.

Wolff, have the Kenner figures you have with this eye colour also got the dark, rusty red hands? The pictures I have seen of Kenner figures all appear to have brighter red ones.
When Ackbar comes up on the FOTW thread it would be great to see photos of the Kenner eye variants.

Last edited by cantina_patron on Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:13 am

Hey Marco...I dont think your #4 is Ledy....though!!

Will work on a picture too....hopefully soon!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:30 am

wbobafett wrote:
Hey Marco...I dont think your #4 is Ledy....though!!

Thanks Wolff for discussing this figure, actually I am not 100% sure about this figure as well.

Though the claws, pant stripes and the yellow of the eyes look Ledy to me, the colour of the pupil is not redisch brown like the others (#2, #3). Due to 'natural' Ledy variation, I thought. but indeed it might be a Kenner figure as well. unsure

What are your thoughts about #4?

BTW: #4 is the same figure as Ackbar D in my first thread.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t1313-ll-ackbar-among-these

Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:39 am

This figure is the toughest we all know by now. IMO just forget about anything...important is just the redish pupils and the color of the head. All other differences can be found on Kenner (yellow of the eyes, stripes, arm paint,etc) and is not helping at all IMO.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:53 am

Time for un update of Ackbar's entry. Very Happy

Now there is written:

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Ledy Ackbar has:
- Brighter yellow eyes, matt in appearance, the pupils are brownish red in stead of black.
- Rusty red instead of red claws
- A more glossy head
- Brighter yellow stripes down the pants

Proposal for new version:

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Ledy Ackbar has:
- Brownish red in stead of black pupils
- A paler red and more glossy head
- Brighter yellow eyes *
- Rusty red instead of red claws *
- Brighter yellow stripes down the pants *

*) Also Kenner figures can have these traits.

What are your thoughts?

Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:06 am

I'm gald my question has generated some new discussion / ideas. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:13 am

yes sounds good to me marco

then at least people can check all 5 points Wink to make a whole ledy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:14 am

cantina_patron wrote:
I'm gald my question has generated some new discussion / ideas. Very Happy

At the end of the day we only learn from these type of discussions, and I am happy you initiated one, CP. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:12 pm

I think is easier with a MOC example.......

But here is the funny part.... one eye is redder than the other one!!! .... is not a light effect or anything like that , you can see it in this pic.....
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 000_0517
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 Dscn4511
This one is redder
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 000_0518
This one is a little more pale
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 000_0519

Like this one........
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 Dscn4510
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:28 am

Very interesting...
So, comparing the photos side by side the most significant difference between my loose Kenner figure & the moc Ledy is the yellow of the eyes (as previously pointed out by Marco).

It would appear that an already tough to identify Ledy figure has become tougher!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:23 am

A brownish red pupil seems to be the major distinction between Ledy and Kenner.

CP: What colour pupils has your Ackbar?

BTW: I updated Ackbar's entry with the outcome of this discussion.

Admiral Ackbar
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:18 am

Hi Marco, The pupils on my figure are a reddish brown, but the colour is not as bright & distinctive as your #2 & #3. It looks more like your #4 which Wolff believes is Kenner. I wandered whether this could possibly be a result of the plastic showing through a thin paint app. Any thoughts?
However, based on the photos, Adolfo believes one pupil on his moc matches my figure (hence why I refered to the yellow of the iris to make a distinction).
It's a shame my figure has no provenance. The person I puchased it from in the 90's used to buy up collections in the UK & send the Yaks to the states in exchange for modern figures & some vintage items not available in the UK e.g. Blue Snags. Therefore I can't be sure where this figure originated from.

If it will help I can try & take some more photos using a flash. Let me know what you think.

If Wolff can produce some photos of his reddish brown eyed Kenner figures, I think that will help. I was under the impression all Kenner figures had a black pupil, hence my original post.

CP
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:28 am

I give up...discussing with colorblind people really doesnt make sense Laughing

Seriously.....the Moc from Adolfo has absolute different eye color then yours. There is huge difference between greybrownish and reddish brown. Describing sucks I know but if you really think this is a match then you all should ajust your PC screen!
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:48 am

Hi Wolff, I respect all of the opinions I have received and I am not disputing that my figure is Kenner or that the eye colour is different to a Ledy. I am just responding to the replys that have been given. If I have irritaded you, then you have my apologies!
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi Cantina_patron, I still think it is a cool figure you have there, sorry I can't help you. I do not have any Lili Ledy ackbar yet.

I still hope somebody can help you after somebody have given up discussing with you Wink

Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 32 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next