The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ledy Speeder Bike in box

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

Ledy Speeder Bike in box Empty
PostSubject: Ledy Speeder Bike in box   Ledy Speeder Bike in box I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 7:12 pm

Did it come in a heat sealed bag inside the box or an insert or both?

Thanks chaps.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Ledy Speeder Bike in box   Ledy Speeder Bike in box I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:11 pm

Ledy Speeder Bike in box SDC11617
paid less than $200, it did come with cardboard insert as well

Last edited by aussiejames on Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Ledy Speeder Bike in box   Ledy Speeder Bike in box I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 3:18 am

Thanks James. The guy said that at the end of production they had baggies and just used them to get rid of all production so used them too in the boxes. :scratch:
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Ledy Speeder Bike in box   Ledy Speeder Bike in box I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 5:08 am

"[quote=Lafos]I never saw this clear plastic insert before. The LL Speeder Bike usually came wit the cardboard insert. [/quote]"

mine did come from Mexico & I have enquired about the clear insert.

Ledy Speeder Bike in box LLspeederbag
it's possible but not plausible to me to have sealed contents & such a crappy box. (at 300 pounds- crazy price)
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Ledy Speeder Bike in box   Ledy Speeder Bike in box I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 3:12 pm

I asked him about it and he said they used baggies as a way to get rid of the end of production and that he's been collecting for 12 years. he said he bought it sealed and was the first to open it to check its contents... hmm! unsure

Then he said that if doesn't sell on ebay (8 days left) then he'll put it back up in 2 weeks after he gets it UKG'd. Sure it'll take a bit longer than that and is he saying this to convince me it's genuine and to encourage me to want it even more before he gets it graded? Rolling Eyes

And btw can anyone see where it's written Lili Ledy on the bike as I cant and he states that it does and can see from pics?
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: Ledy Speeder Bike in box   Ledy Speeder Bike in box I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 3:55 pm

Ham, never heard of baggies being used before by Ledy mate.

You can see that there is a sticker on the underside of the bike near the gun.
Most Ledy vehicles had a sticker on them.
My Ledy bike has sticker residue in this area but no sticker.

Ask to see a photo of the rear of the bike where the flaps are as this is how you can tell it's Ledy.
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Ledy Speeder Bike in box   Ledy Speeder Bike in box I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 4:00 pm

burnsy wrote:
Ham, never heard of baggies being used before by Ledy mate.

You can see that there is a sticker on the underside of the bike near the gun.
Most Ledy vehicles had a sticker on them.
My Ledy bike has sticker residue in this area but no sticker.

Ask to see a photo of the rear of the bike where the flaps are as this is how you can tell it's Ledy.

Yeah me neither Stu, it's all too suss I think, tho I would just have the box, lol!

Then if it has the rear of a ledy (it's like a bronzey metal right?) then what?
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: Ledy Speeder Bike in box   Ledy Speeder Bike in box I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 4:20 pm

The back engines are like a dull metal mate.
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Ledy Speeder Bike in box   Ledy Speeder Bike in box I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 4:26 pm

Ah yeah thought they were something like that. He's going to send me some pics tomorrow so we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Ledy Speeder Bike in box   Ledy Speeder Bike in box I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 4:43 pm

I have a feeling it will turn out to be okay. The LL folk could have just put it in whatever they had left. I think it would be a shame if he gets it U graded. Maybe ask Thorsten or Matthias? Or maybe Merlin?
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Ledy Speeder Bike in box   Ledy Speeder Bike in box I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 5:00 pm

Will do, thanks Emiel.
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: Ledy Speeder Bike in box   Ledy Speeder Bike in box I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 5:03 pm

Or try Cristian (Mr Ledy), don't think he's been on here much lately though.

I do think it could be Ledy, especially because of the sticker but it's a lot to pay for a baggie
when it may not turn out to be leggit.

It could be thrown out by AFA if it is sent it off for U Grading if they do not think the bag is leggit.

If it is leggit, like Emiel says it would be a shame to U grade it, but each to there own.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Ledy Speeder Bike in box   Ledy Speeder Bike in box I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 7:30 pm

Very nice sealed baggie speeder bike James.Is that one your's??
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Ledy Speeder Bike in box   Ledy Speeder Bike in box I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 7:34 pm

Nah it's one I've been questioning on ebay. The guys sending me pics tomorrow to see if it is what it is. Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Ledy Speeder Bike in box   Ledy Speeder Bike in box I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:03 am

I watched this go the other day and was close to bidding but backed off incase any of the scout collectors were gunning for it. It seemed to go pretty cheap as well! Did anybody here manage to land it?

Jay
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Ledy Speeder Bike in box   Ledy Speeder Bike in box I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 10:16 am

No, I was watching it but decided against it as want one with insert not sealed baggie and glad I didn't otherwise couldn't have got what I got the other day. Pics will follow when it arrives. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ledy Speeder Bike in box   Ledy Speeder Bike in box I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ledy Speeder Bike in box

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1