The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Found an old friend on ebay!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Found an old friend on ebay! Empty
PostSubject: Found an old friend on ebay!   Found an old friend on ebay! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:08 pm

Well this has never happened to me before on ebay, I was browsing around just now and I saw a Leia Poncho coin offer, I remember owning one so it made me click the link, it suddenly looked even more familiar, something about that green Walmart sticker ....

Found an old friend on ebay! Leia10

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1983-rotj-princess-leia-77-back-boba-fett-offer-n-mint-/110606614658?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item19c0ab0082#ht_500wt_1156

I had a check of my photobucket account and sure enough its the same one I owned maybe 5-6 years ago!! lol Still looks as nice it did when I owned it but wow.. weird feeling seeing it for sale on ebay, I always wondered what happened to my old carded figures and now I know the fate of one!

Found an old friend on ebay! Carded1

Has this ever happened to you? Sometimes things change hands fast on the forum but what about over a period of years? For me this suddenly reminds me of the collection I once had and brought back a lot of memories of buying up lots of carded figures each week on ebay...good times Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Found an old friend on ebay!   Found an old friend on ebay! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:18 pm

Nice encounter!

What happened to all the other cards on the pic? You sold them off after deciding to focus on 8D8?

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Found an old friend on ebay!   Found an old friend on ebay! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:24 pm

No I sold them during some tough times actually Sad I financed a trip to Romania with some, then when I got back home to the uk my wife didn't have a job for 6 months so the collection had to go, I pieced out everything I had on ebay. I did almost sell my loose set but the day it was going to go, I called my wife from work and told her to do whatever she could to stop it lol, it was at 740 quid I think and she used her ebay account to bid 1300 lol!

After that I kept my loose set and didn't think I would keep on collecting really but I just wanted to keep something, I kept one foot in the door though by using the forums from time to time and when finances were better I started thinking about how to get back into things but on a small scale, a figure focus would give me direction and something small to work on. I never really had goals before that- just bought whatever I saw.

Let me tell you, a figure focus starts off small then gets big lol (at least in terms of prices..)

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Found an old friend on ebay!   Found an old friend on ebay! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:32 pm

Yes I remember that auction, I though I would win with $740 and all of a sudden.....Very Happy

Seriously, that must have been hard times to be forced to sell off your collection. Good that you kept your loose collection!

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Found an old friend on ebay!   Found an old friend on ebay! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 6:32 pm

Wicked coincidence Joe, small world eh? Wink
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Found an old friend on ebay!   Found an old friend on ebay! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:22 am

Very nice friend, Joe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Found an old friend on ebay!   Found an old friend on ebay! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 3:15 pm

Are you going to buy it back now Joe?

Uli
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Found an old friend on ebay!   Found an old friend on ebay! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 3:22 pm

No Razz

No more Kenner MOC for me! I am free almost! (2 more to sell)
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: Found an old friend on ebay!   Found an old friend on ebay! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 3:24 pm

Wow! thats freaky! If i were u, i would have to get it back Very Happy just like getting back an old girlfriend
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Found an old friend on ebay!   Found an old friend on ebay! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 3:29 pm

No "warming up coffee" for Joe Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Found an old friend on ebay!   Found an old friend on ebay! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 3:38 pm

LOL!

If it was a trilogo I would have got it, that Gam Guard I had was nice Sad
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Found an old friend on ebay!   Found an old friend on ebay! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 10:23 pm

Weird huh!
These things are never (quite) as good the 2nd time round tho...
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Found an old friend on ebay!   Found an old friend on ebay! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 9:52 am

Carl Waterworth wrote:
Wow! thats freaky! If i were u, i would have to get it back Very Happy just like getting back an old girlfriend

Do you always have/want to get your old girlfriends back, Carl? Most of the time there is a reason to why they're old girlfriends Laughing
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: Found an old friend on ebay!   Found an old friend on ebay! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 11:04 am

Yzerman wrote:
Carl Waterworth wrote:

Do you always have/want to get your old girlfriends back, Carl? Most of the time there is a reason to why they're old girlfriends Laughing

LOL true! but in this cases a carded Leia is not to expensive, wont cheat, wont nag or moan, wont give you jobs and wont go on about nothing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found an old friend on ebay!   Found an old friend on ebay! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found an old friend on ebay!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1