The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Value of Droids Gaff coin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

Value of Droids Gaff coin Empty
PostSubject: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:30 am

To all coin collectors! How much would you say the value a Gaff coin would be?
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:42 am

Carl Waterworth wrote:
To all coin collectors! How much would you say the value a Gaff coin would be?

I honestly have no idea Carl on that particular coin. In general it seems the UDE coins sell around the $300-600 depending on the character and that is just my best guess at the moment. The only one I remember seeing at CV was a Vlix coin and I believe the seller was asking $450. You should try contacting Chad (cloudcity_gangzr) as he might have a better idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:47 am

I had some guy on RS replying to my WTB thread, saying he has a Gaff coin and would sell it to me, when i email him he is asking $3500 Shocked Shocked

Too me, even that is way over priced, even for that coin!
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:12 am

Carl Waterworth wrote:
I had some guy on RS replying to my WTB thread, saying he has a Gaff coin and would sell it to me, when i email him he is asking $3500 Shocked Shocked

Yeah that seems ridiculously high to me, but I guess it depends on how many are out there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:33 am

even so, i couldnt justify spending that much on a coin.
Back to top Go down
CloudCity_Gangzr
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
CloudCity_Gangzr

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:33 pm

Carl Waterworth wrote:

I would have to agree with you there. It's hard to price something that sells so rarely. I know of a couple of previous sales and none of them were in that neighborhood. In fact, I dont know of any Star Wars coin ever selling at that price, including the Rarities Mint coins cast in real gold. I would guess your going to have to pay $1,500 to $2,000 for that coin, these days. There is a Gaff coin floating around somewhere with the back scrapped off of it. It seems to get bought and sold pretty frequently on RS for around $500.

-Chad
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/gallery/TIG-User-Mug-Shots/i
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:11 am

I remember the one thats is scratched on the back! I wish had brought it for that price Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Adam Burges
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Adam Burges

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:39 am

CloudCity_Gangzr wrote:
Carl Waterworth wrote:

I would have to agree with you there. It's hard to price something that sells so rarely. I know of a couple of previous sales and none of them were in that neighborhood. In fact, I dont know of any Star Wars coin ever selling at that price, including the Rarities Mint coins cast in real gold. I would guess your going to have to pay $1,500 to $2,000 for that coin, these days. There is a Gaff coin floating around somewhere with the back scrapped off of it. It seems to get bought and sold pretty frequently on RS for around $500.

-Chad

Bought and sold pretty frequently? I think it has only changed hands twice. Also I think this coin fetched nearly $700 first time round from Todd Chamberlain on ebay then sold for less on RS. Gaff will be your biggest problem when it comes to Droids coins it seems. I've seen another sell for over $1000 on ebay, you will be very lucky to find one on auction at all so sellers do kinda have a right to ask what they like, its one of those things.

$3500 is a bit much though, I guess if its mint then $2k wouldn't be unreasonable.
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:23 am

If Gaff is gonna be my biggest problem, then what about Jan Tosh and Tig Fromm? Why are these First shots harder to come across than the rest?
Back to top Go down
Adam Burges
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Adam Burges

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:30 pm

I was talking about UDE really, Jan and Tig can be found produced. In regards to silver proto versions of the production coins some do appear harder to find than others but i've not really looked into it.
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:35 pm

Well, those and Gaff are the only 3 silver i need! i am hopeful that i will complete these one day, However i dont think i will ever get all ewoks!

Adam, do u know anyone who may have these and would be willing to part with?
Back to top Go down
Adam Burges
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Adam Burges

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:13 pm

Yeah I know someone else who has a Gaff coin but I dont think he will part with it.
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:04 pm

probably just as well, as i dont think i could afford it right now Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
CloudCity_Gangzr
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
CloudCity_Gangzr

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:05 pm

Adam Burges wrote:

Bought and sold pretty frequently? I think it has only changed hands twice. Also I think this coin fetched nearly $700 first time round from Todd Chamberlain on ebay then sold for less on RS. Gaff will be your biggest problem when it comes to Droids coins it seems. I've seen another sell for over $1000 on ebay, you will be very lucky to find one on auction at all so sellers do kinda have a right to ask what they like, its one of those things.

$3500 is a bit much though, I guess if its mint then $2k wouldn't be unreasonable.

Maybe it was only twice, I thought there was another owner in between Todd and Jim. Didnt you end up with that coin for $450?

-Chad
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:24 pm

Who has that coin? do u think it will come available again? cause it would suit me, as i only display the front in my frame, so the back would never be seen
Back to top Go down
CloudCity_Gangzr
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
CloudCity_Gangzr

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 4:05 pm

Carl Waterworth wrote:
Who has that coin? do u think it will come available again? cause it would suit me, as i only display the front in my frame, so the back would never be seen

I think Adam has it. I cant be sure, but judging from the for sale thread, he was interested at least.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB29&Number=3930369&Forum=f29&Words=gaff&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=3930369&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post3930369
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Thanks Chad! Very Happy

I so want to get Droids coin set complete! Do u know anywhere or anyone that has the other 2 i need (Tig Fromm and Jan Tosh proto's)?
Back to top Go down
Adam Burges
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Adam Burges

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 3:40 am

Yeah thanks Chad I was interested in it, Damn good price that was.
Back to top Go down
CloudCity_Gangzr
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
CloudCity_Gangzr

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 4:05 am

adam.....thats pretty LAME......If you have a problem... send me a PM...
Value of Droids Gaff coin Adam
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB29&Number=3930369&Forum=f29&Words=gaff&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=3930369&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post3930369
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 4:31 am

Come on Adam, its not like that thread couldn't have been found by anyone, you wrote "I'll take the Gaff" in his for sale thread, to be honest, thats how people track things, if you like
being off the radar you don't reply to someones thread you PM them directly and then no-one knows who has the item, by leaving a message showing your interest in an item on
someones FS thread you create a trail for the next person who wants that item to follow..

Chad was only trying to help Carl locate a coin for his run, who knows you might have wanted to sell to fund another purchase then this could have taken a completely different turn, I think
its bad form to edit that post. I have had to go through hundreds of for sale posts and many pm's to find out where stuff went, its all part and parcel of the hobby.

All he did was search Gaff and anyone could have done that and passed the link to Carl! Let's be friends fellas! 🎅
Back to top Go down
Adam Burges
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Adam Burges

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:27 am

I was only having a bit of fun chillax.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:40 am

I find it funny...LOL.....
Back to top Go down
Adam Burges
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Adam Burges

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:52 am

Thanks Wolff for seeing light in it.

Besides me saying I will take the Gaff doesn't mean it was sold to me, someone might have Pm'd him earlier and bought it.

"The Intensity of Everything depends on how Intense you Think about it."
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:36 am

If I wanted to make a joke I would have wrote "If you are reading this you are too late" Laughing

Not sure how else Chad could have taken it tbh lol
Back to top Go down
Scotty Speed
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 11:57 am

A Gaff coin sold on ebay about a month and a half ago for $800. It was in excellent condition and wasn't the one that had the back scratched off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Value of Droids Gaff coin   Value of Droids Gaff coin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Value of Droids Gaff coin

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1