The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ESB with Coin Offer Sticker

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

ESB with Coin Offer Sticker Empty
PostSubject: ESB with Coin Offer Sticker   ESB with Coin Offer Sticker I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 9:01 pm

I received a ESB Bespin Guard with a coin offer sticker last week. It was the first time I had seen this. Does anyone know how many ESB MOC's have been found with the coin offer? I'm really interested if there is a Vader floating around out there! I was surprised that an ESB figure hung out in a store long enough to get stickered like this, without being completely beat to hell. Smile

ESB with Coin Offer Sticker 2011-05-15_17-53-05_893
Back to top Go down
CloudCity_Gangzr
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
CloudCity_Gangzr

PostSubject: Re: ESB with Coin Offer Sticker   ESB with Coin Offer Sticker I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 9:20 pm

Every character can be found with a coin sticker. The ROTJ are most common followed by POTF, ESB, and then SW. Since the stickers were applied by store clerks any combination is possible, if not enviable. I'm sure you could find an ESB Vader with a coin sticker if patience is a virtue you pocess.

Chad
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/gallery/TIG-User-Mug-Shots/i
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: ESB with Coin Offer Sticker   ESB with Coin Offer Sticker I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 9:21 pm

There seems to be a few common ones that show up on ESB cards with the coin sticker quite frequently. I've seen the Bespin Guard like yours and the most common one seems to be Lobot. I'm not sure of actual numbers though.

As far as finding a ESB Vader, I've personally never seen one, but it is possible. I've seen at least one, if not two, ESB Yodas with the coin sticker.

There's also a few SW figures that have been found with coin offer stickers which is pretty amazing as well. That's a long time to have been sitting on the shelf.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: ESB with Coin Offer Sticker   ESB with Coin Offer Sticker I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 11:01 pm

shawn_k wrote:

As far as finding a ESB Vader, I've personally never seen one, but it is possible.

Now I know my quest. cheers
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: ESB with Coin Offer Sticker   ESB with Coin Offer Sticker I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 3:16 am

That is a nice Bespin Guard mate . Brians Toys has tow beaters like it on Ebay right now. Yours is far better looking then them .

And again i learned something new today . That the coin offers were put on in the stores . Nice Smile
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: ESB with Coin Offer Sticker   ESB with Coin Offer Sticker I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 7:06 am

soren wrote:
That the coin offers were put on in the stores . Nice Smile

Or by collectors.........................

There have been a few examples of people "creating" that combo as well. There have been unapplied coin stickers and removals. Not trying to stir the pot, but it's worth noting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
CloudCity_Gangzr
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
CloudCity_Gangzr

PostSubject: Re: ESB with Coin Offer Sticker   ESB with Coin Offer Sticker I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:42 pm

Darthberizing wrote:
soren wrote:
That the coin offers were put on in the stores . Nice Smile

Or by collectors.........................

There have been a few examples of people "creating" that combo as well. There have been unapplied coin stickers and removals. Not trying to stir the pot, but it's worth noting.

Definitely noteworthy. But it raises more questions than it answers IMO. Transplanting is obviously wrong and I think 99% of the time you would be able to tell. In the case of an unused sticker I think this is a really gray area(other than wasting a finite unused sticker). Is a SW MOC with a coin sticker applied in 2005 any less valuable than one with the sticker applied in 1985? Physically there is no difference. Both were done by a non-Kenner 3rd party that had absolutely nothing to do with the production process. If you take the stance that they are somehow inferior, then you might as well say all SW MOC/POTF coin stickers are illegitimate because there is no way to tell the difference.

Chad
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/gallery/TIG-User-Mug-Shots/i
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: ESB with Coin Offer Sticker   ESB with Coin Offer Sticker I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Here's the thread I was referring to:

POTF Jawa w/ coin offer
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: ESB with Coin Offer Sticker   ESB with Coin Offer Sticker I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 3:57 pm

Man, that sucks. Evil or Very Mad I'll have to take a seriously close look at it when I get home tonight. I wouldn't think that mine is a fake, since it seems to be a pretty common thing on Bespin Guards and Lobots according to what I've read the past day or two. And it was also a pretty cheap e-bay deal that wasn't advertised as rare, or was expensive. It was just a "here's an old Bespin Guard figure" kind of auction. I think I paid like $50. Which is I guess maybe a little high for a BG, but it seemed like it was in pretty good condition, and was interesting, so I threw up a bid and it stuck. Wait. Let me grab the auction from my e-bay and see what you guys think.

Here it is:

e-bay auction
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ESB with Coin Offer Sticker   ESB with Coin Offer Sticker I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ESB with Coin Offer Sticker

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1