The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NEED VARIANT PHOTOS for NEW BOOK ON COO VARIANTS and BOOTLEGS.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

NEED VARIANT PHOTOS for NEW BOOK ON COO VARIANTS and BOOTLEGS. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED VARIANT PHOTOS for NEW BOOK ON COO VARIANTS and BOOTLEGS.   NEED VARIANT PHOTOS for NEW BOOK ON COO VARIANTS and BOOTLEGS. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:36 pm

"Of importance to me is finding out also what figures are in Kenner baggies- Or carded - and noting them when possible." that's the hard part. Baggies obviously are a little easier because you can see them(well most of them) but for whatever reason some MOC collectors & variant collectors seem to clash heads & sharing info can be difficult.
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: NEED VARIANT PHOTOS for NEW BOOK ON COO VARIANTS and BOOTLEGS.   NEED VARIANT PHOTOS for NEW BOOK ON COO VARIANTS and BOOTLEGS. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:00 pm

i was wondering this aswell , how did you get to match them up against a surthen cardback

you didnt get 90 moc u graded did ya Shocked

dont get me wrong neon , iam a variation collector my self but iam still learning everyday , the difference between wich fig is what , LL, PBP ........ at this time ive got a little over 200 differenet coo's

and i guess untill wolfs book comes out i will never be sure
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: NEED VARIANT PHOTOS for NEW BOOK ON COO VARIANTS and BOOTLEGS.   NEED VARIANT PHOTOS for NEW BOOK ON COO VARIANTS and BOOTLEGS. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:27 am

Neonboy wrote:
thanks Wolff for the encouragement-
as for the 500- I have 500 variants now in my collection for documentation. and i have near 4000 total figures in my hoarde of 30 years collecting, of which I have gone thru to find the most common US stamp /paint / Vars.

thusly the numbers.

I am not new to star wars collecting or buying selling- and the questions I had first posted were directly from the infamous misinformation source known as Ebay. I appreciate this forum , and the global perspective of Star Wars knowledge.
I will be the first to admit I am not an expert on all the Europe Vars- and wil spend the next few weeks churning the back pages.

I am not wantying to step on anyones toe's - And have ween Wollf's pages of they are great!! I have been working toward this goal for near 2 years doing research on my lists- But again as I stated Mostly thru EBay until a few months ago when I began to discover other resources.
So forgive my Naivety, I assure you I'm a quick learner.- but poor speller.
Of importance to me is finding out also what figures are in Kenner baggies- Or carded - and noting them when possible.
Example - - I just purchased 100 figs all with existing card backs- and was able to team up near 90 of em with the correct cards (ironically it left me with the exact figs for the Bespin and cantina playsets- which were also purchased in the collection .
Ill check back in a few weeks and make a decision if it worth my time to post a Fig per fig data sheet for analysis.
after I read up on past posts. etc.. maybe Ill learn a little more.
best for now
robert

I don't think anyone thinks you are stepping on any toes, I think everyone just wants to help you and to understand what you have/trying to accomplish. It sounds like you are going about it the right way though. Asking questions and taking everyone's advice to heart. As you already know, there's a lot of time and knowledge invested in the loose variation collecting aspect of the hobby. So keep on asking questions and learning all you can. I'm sure before you know it, you'll have this all figured out.

And like Jay said, start with one figure at a time, take some photos and get some opinions. There is no need to rush into anything, we just want to make sure you are on the right track to your collecting success. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: NEED VARIANT PHOTOS for NEW BOOK ON COO VARIANTS and BOOTLEGS.   NEED VARIANT PHOTOS for NEW BOOK ON COO VARIANTS and BOOTLEGS. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:51 pm

I agree that there are at least two different people currently working on "variant" related databases or websites. But as far as publishing a book I'm not sure of... sounds like a mighty job!

As far as bootlegs, yes, Joe and I (along with a couple others) are currently working on a bootleg site. It's going to be a bit yet before it's all done but will be VERY extensive. As for Polish AtAt Drivers... there are over 20 different color variants just in the 2nd Generation line Wink . You can find the basic info in the Archive, yes, but it also needs major updates on a lot of stuff.

A book on action figure variants would be a really cool idea, getting the collaboration of help and pics will be a taugh task but not impossible.

Best of luck on your work!!
Back to top Go down
Neonboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Could ue some helping my DATA on variants .. #s and A Figures.    NEED VARIANT PHOTOS for NEW BOOK ON COO VARIANTS and BOOTLEGS. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:42 pm

I as you know am also researching the SW figure variants. I am posting all the data I have compiled so far on the first few 2-1B 4LOM and the A's
could use some help confirming I have things right.
The #'s 1 #2A etc mean I have tha figure in my collection -
thanks

2-1B Medical droid #39399
Availability:
ESB, ROTJ, Tri-logo ROTJ, Kenner Baggie, Multipacks.

Weapons and Accessories: Medical staff
repro alert * repro’s exist and are painted , not molded in silver.

COO HONG KONG
•LL ©/LFL/1980 3 lines upper leg below torso RL MADE/ IN /HONG/ KONG 4 lines. Fat smaller heavy type.
#3 - Metallic finish paint color. second bolt on arm. Rarity Vx3-
#2 Painted body single bolt on right arm

#1•LL ©/LFL/1980 3 lines upper leg below torso RL MADE/ IN /HONG/ KONG 4 lines. Tall thin type .
has double bolt on right arm.
•Blue mold finish on figure. Second bolt on arm. Found on US release 41 bk card. Vx1 $10-12

NO COO
•LL “©/LFL/1980”•Metallic blue tint released on trilogo cards in Europe and Palitoy in U.K.
•LL “©/LFL/1980” blue molding

BOOTLEGS
•Model Trem lead metallic figure Vx8
#4•Mexico painted body metallic color light weight . Vx3
also check grey chest emblem vs silver chest emblem .

4-LOM
Availability:
The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi Palitoy, ESB card, ROTJ Tri-Logo, Kenner baggie
Accessories: Blaster rifle specific to this figure, brown backpack, cloak.
Date Stamp 1981 Released 1982

Repro alert: Repro's exist of his blaster and are very common. They are made of a much harder less bendable plastic.

The correct name of this figure is Zuckuss Kenner had mixed u p 4-lom and Zuckuss. This was corrected later by the time of the POTF line in 1995.

NO COO
•LL” ©1981 LFL” UP LEG – RL slight bar on leg BLANK NO COO ,PBP Trilogo figure Has More orange red chest plate. PBP figure
•LL” ©1981 LFL” UP LEG – RL barely readable type on leg palitoy/ Trilogo .

COO HONG KONG

#1•LL ”©1981LFL” RL “MADE IN HONG KONG” read up leg. N America release most common Vx1, $10 14 (48ROTJBkUS) there seems to be a slight paint variant in the color of the mouthpiece
- Dark grey mouth the Black mouth being rarer.
-- black mouth

8D8 ROTJ #71210
Date Stamp: 1983 Released 1984 Availability
Return of the Jedi, Kenner Baggie, and Lili ledy, ROTJ Tri-logo
Playset: Jabba Dungeon
Kenner baggie Mail in Kenner© Blue text w MIHK cello and cardboard insert.
Lili ledy
No accessories.
No COO:
•”©LFL 83” flat stamp on back US release ROTJ 77 bk cards, Circle left hip no circle r hip many variations of circles exist. Vx1
•”©LFL 83” flat stamp back of body. The back panel much more detailed mold pressing. Plastic slightly harder and more grayish. See pix below: note front chest panel value LILY LEDY x 5- 25
See below”

Point of Interest:
Originally available in the 1983 Jabba the Hutt Dungeon playset, this figure first appeared carded on the Return Of The Jedi 77 back card in the United States, but can also be found on the Emperor offer Canadian Return Of The Jedi 65 Back card.

Major Variations: Though all vintage figures have minor variations, the 8D8 action figure has a major sculpt variation in its legs. The legs were produced both with and without circles on the hip.

Due to the way this figure was built, its legs are removable therefore making it impossible to say whether or not the legs were ever mixed. There are four possible configurations:

* Left and Right Legs with circles
* Left and Right Legs without circles
* Left Leg with circle and Right Legs without circle
* Left Leg without circle and Right Legs with circle

A-Wing Pilot ROTJ #93830
Date Stamp: 1984 Released 1985
Availability:
Power of the Force, ROTJ Tri-Logo
Droids

COO

Admiral Akbar Return of the Jedi No. 70310
Date Stamp: 1982
Release 1983
Availability: Return of the Jedi card Kenner baggie mail in ROTJ Tri-Logo card, Lily Ledy, PBP.
Acc: staff There are variants in the staff – thin and thick no difference on value.
Repro Alert: reproduction exist and are usually painted black or a easly breakable hard plastic.
COO HONG KONG
•LL ©LFL 1982 RL” HONG KONG” paint on arms red arms shiny body mold paint standard version. Vx1 $10-14
Tunic color is a more consistent med yellowish grey. ( US Release 77 bk card )
-#2A light color bib –(most common)
-#2B darker bib (slightly uncommon)
• LL ©LFL 1982 RL “HONG KONG” LILI LEDY slightly lighter red head has painted red arms more matte body X2.5-3 VERIFY THIS IS THE LEDY __ HK?
look for pix of ©
COO TAIWAN
• LL ©”LFL82” RL “TAIWAN” White painted arms and painted white on forearms; whiter plastic feet- DARK TUNIC have red arms with painted white sleeves, variations in the shades of the tunic.( US Release 65Back card)
#1A- yellowish
#1B-dark grey olive. value x1.5-2

no coo
•LL ©LFL1982 RL BLANK Trilogo figure (see pix below

Figure 1 trilogo admiral akbar

BOOTLEGS
•Mexico bootlleg akbar distincltly different figure. white plastic painted silver chest plate.

Amanaman 1985
Availability Carded: POTF, Tri-logo
Kenner baggie Kenner © MIHK text blue text cello bag. As part of Jabba Dungeon set.
Acc: tall staff w skulls .
Repro alert there are reproduction staffs.

There has been sightings of a variation in the green color of Amanaman,
Thusly it appears the kenner baggie figures a re a darker green.

Anakin
Skywalker Return of the Jedi #93790 Released: 1985 Date Stamp: 1985
Availability:Power of the Force,Tri-Logo ,Mail in packages.
Long gray outfit; available in the US only through Kenner mail order until 05/30/85; all packaged ones are foreign kenner baggie labeled made in Hong Kong on bag.
Never released in Canada.

no coo or date
•“Charcoal” robe -early production first shot. value x50
very rare

AT-AT Commander #69620 ESB 1981
weapon Blue Bespin blaster:
Date Stamp: 1980 Release Date: 1981
Card Availability:
ESB. ROTJ , Meccano, Palitoy ,ESB card, ROTJ Tri-logo, Kenner baggie, blue Kenner logo w MIHK horiz.

A tough figure to get without a ding on the nose, be cautious for restoration work and repaints to face. Some other variations found unpainted silver strap for glasses, unpainted lens in glasses, small bars
And paint colors in face form very red orange to pale.There are also mentions of boots peint found from matte to more glossy. in the boots matte to more glossy, as well as unpainted chest square. .

COO: HONG KONG
• LL ‘MADE IN HONG KONG” RL “©1980LFL” large © same size as type. . -

#1-Flesh painted face red insignia black gloves Black boots Valie 1.0( est $14)
#2-Pale face Valuex1.5 Found on ESB 48bk card GO BACK AND VERIFY EXTENDED OR CLOSED SPACING

• LL “©1980LFL” l © same size as type . no dots between LFL RL ‘MADE IN HONG KONG”
• LL “©1980LFL” small © - slightly smaller than type RL ‘MADE IN HONG KONG”

Molded face VERIFY THIS

NO COO
#3•LL small stamp “©1980LFL” LFL close spaced, Slight raised area where the RL coo was Tri logo pinkish face dark face
#5•LL small stamp “©1980LFL” LFL extended space Slight raised area where the RL coo was Tri logo pinkish face dark face

#4• LL “©LFL1980” LFL extended RL scarred off COO pale face Meccano?
can be found with pinkish face or whiter face.

BOOTLEGS
•Poland versions of this figure found with black body gold boots, fixed arms legs no marks.
•Poland -from kenner mold, grey aqua highlights. Unjointed. Vx3

AT-AT Driver ESB 1980 [also free in MTV-7 vehicle #40010. , #ESB 39379
Date Stamp: 1980 released 1980
Carded Availability: Palitoy, ESB card, ROTJ, ROTJ Tri-Logo, Meccano
Mail in kenner baggie Kenner © MIHK text blue. (figure has 3 line RL stamp )
Weapons and Accessories AT-AT Driver shoulder rifle, w strap Rifle
NO COO
#1•LL” ©/LFL1980” 2 line flat sided O RL bump , smaller © definite area was re sculpted in mold rare version found with more reddish emblem #2•LL” ©/LFL1980” 2 line RL blank , larger © softer limbs.
#7 LL “©/LFL1980” 2 line. RL “MADE IN” light pressing up leg PBP Vx3.0
COO Hong Kong
#5• LL ” ©LFL1980” type read down the leg - RL “MADE IN / HONG KONG” 2 lines, large type t read up the leg sharp stamp different,cooler grey
#3• LL ” ©LFL1980” type read down the leg - RL “MADE IN / HONG KONG” 2 lines, large type t read up the leg red insignia. LL STAMP NOT COMPLETE
#6• LL ” ©LFL1980” type read down the leg - RL “MADE IN / HONG KONG” 2 lines, large type t read up the leg
#6A- thin red helmet insignia. Vx1.1
#6B- Thicker red orange insignia vx1.5
#6C- Large orange insignia on helmet. Vx1.3

gray outfit, white helmet, and gloves. shoulder strap ˆˆ
Variety of insignia colors red to orange most orange red rare.
This figure found in Kenner ESB-A baggie
ESB 41 bk cards. Re confirm this

BOOTLEGS
•Poland painted
- silver and red tan color. blue insignias
#4-white
•Bootleg Turkish Uzay figure.
•Russian bootleg

AT-ST Driver 1984 ROTJ #71330
Date Stamp 1984 Released 1984
Availability: Return of the Jedi, Power of the Force, ROTJ Tri-Logo, Lily Ledy Kenner baggie Kenner© w MIHK text. Value x2

Weapons and Accessories: Endor Blaster, usually blue or bluish grey- but not black. Coin on POTF card.
NO COO
#2 • LL “©LFL1984” also found in Kenner made in Taiwan bags. Vx1.2-1.5
there are also variations in the helmet , lighter to darker color, and thickness in the emblem .
•ledy with dark helmet and larger emblem on shoulder emblem vertical .Same exact stamp as on Trilogo cards. Vx2
The © mark between the US and Ledy are near identical, the only differece seems to be the Emblem on the shoulder which is thicker on the ledy and vertical. The helmet color appears to be slightly darker grey . .
COO
•LL “TAIWAN” RL”©LFL1984”” Minor variation in the face color pale to more flesh.
Kenner baggie issue.
#1A- flesh face most common variant Vx1 est $12-14 Kenner Baggie figure
#1B - pale face – rarer figure found on Trilogo card vx1.3

BOOTLEGS
#3•Poland, dark boots gloves grey jointed ,gold arms highlights. Black boots. Vx2
Polish bootleg ASTT driver above.

robert
Back to top Go down
http://neoneonart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEED VARIANT PHOTOS for NEW BOOK ON COO VARIANTS and BOOTLEGS.   NEED VARIANT PHOTOS for NEW BOOK ON COO VARIANTS and BOOTLEGS. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEED VARIANT PHOTOS for NEW BOOK ON COO VARIANTS and BOOTLEGS.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2