The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:44 pm

1. I shut up and be quite about the real green snake!...(all I saw were degardatuion results.....shhhh....I already said to much)

2. A greenish or not brown LL snake is no Ledy snake...I agree! The material used is different...the Ledy snakes dont go green!
(Also the hardbrown snakes!)

3. I checked Dengars post with all the snakes.....Most of them seem not quite right....Honestly Im too lazy to tell on every snake! Its not easy to describe or shoe the differences, BUT...trust me: I can recognize a real one Wink

4. JAY: for refernece these pics are very good! All accessories are ident Ledy! For the guide I would add a second snake....you know: to show both, circle on top and circle below the head! ALSO: the fastener on the Ledy belt is important....dont go to much on the deepness of the injection points, because these can vary!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:32 pm

wbobafett wrote:

2. A greenish or not brown LL snake is no Ledy snake...I agree! The material used is different...the Ledy snakes dont go green!
(Also the hardbrown snakes!)

3. I checked Dengars post with all the snakes.....Most of them seem not quite right....Honestly Im too lazy to tell on every snake! Its not easy to describe or shoe the differences, BUT...trust me: I can recognize a real one Wink

Hey Wolff, thanks for your comments.

I understand ur quite busy at the moment, but to get some more insight into the LL snakes, it would be nice if you could indicate those which are and which are not LL. To make life easier I numbered the pics in my previous post. A simple Yes or NO will do in the summary below.

Snakes: Lili Ledy Yes or NO

3 YES (from cut off card)
9 NO (greenish snake)
12 NO (greenish snake)
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 5:46 am

I agree this is a great thread and will be hugely important when we put together the LL Yoda Guide Smile

Thanks for the comments on the pictures Wolff its great to know they are correct its Stu Burnsy who was kinda enough to do them Smile

Regarding the Yoda Green Snake i have always thought it to be plastic degeneration myself heres a picture showing a snake turning from brown to green i.e mid stage degeneration -

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 Yodabrowntogreen2
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 7:29 am

[quote=jaymassive619][quote=aussiejames]OK, I've found another thread in regards to the yoda snakes- to those that think that the green snake does not exist and it is just a brown snake discolored YOU ARE WRONG!!!! The discoloration thread can be found through Thread index-reference threads-discoloration. [/quote]

WE ARE WRONG!! because the new member found an old thread.

Maybe seeing it with your own eyes might help you.

Below is a picture showing a yoda snake transforming from brown to green via plastic degeneration
[/quote]

I still want one green snake Razz

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 Yoda_esb_typea_baggie
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:54 pm

I hope this shot helps a little more!! RAW...... This is the real thing..... AS you can see, there is the dent WOlff is talking about, and the circle on top of it`s head.... sorry , I cant see the bottom!!! ...

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 Sam_4810

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 Yodamo10
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 1:37 am

merlin wrote:
I hope this shot helps a little more!! RAW...... This is the real thing..... AS you can see, there is the dent WOlff is talking about, and the circle on top of it`s head.... sorry , I cant see the bottom!!! ...

Hi Alfonso,

Muchas gracias for making these pics (I know you had to especially ask a friend to get close up pics).

I put the pic together with all the others in the previous post, to allow a good comparisson.

Hope more will follow.

To all: please feel free to share your opinion about the nature of the snakes (Lili Ledy: YES or NO) in the table below. Add some key words why you think so to stimulate open discussions.

Snakes: Lili Ledy Yes or NO

3 YES (from cut off card)
9 NO (greenish snake)
12 NO (greenish snake)
13 YES (from MOC)

Back to top Go down
davekbrown16
New User
New User

PostSubject: Glad to join this forum   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 5:33 pm

Hi

I'm new to this forum and delighted to join what seems an incredibly knowledgeable place. Reading some threads and guides here has already helped me identify a few oddities in my figures and accessories collection.

I have a couple of questions regarding some Yoda accessories I have and whether they are LL.

I have 2 belts that both appear to be LL. One has the classic indented circle on both the lightsabre and pouch so would appear to be LL. The other one is identical apart from the circle on the pouch appears to be protruding slightly rather than indented, is this also LL or another variation? Pics are below:

Belt with indent is first one, bent without indent on pouch is second picture.

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 Belt_112

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 Belt_210

I also would like opinion on whether this snake is LL. It has circle on top of head (not below) and also at the top of the body. Pic is below:

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 Snake10

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.
Dave Brown

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 8:43 pm

welcome Dave. I think the key for the belt is the clasp. As far as the snakes go I think it is yet to be confirmed (there is certainly 2 possibilities re mold circle(s)
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 8:54 pm

Hi Dave,

First of all, welcome aboard!!! welcome

I am relatively new also, and never regretted joining for one moment. The TIG forum is a great place for discussing vintage SW items with a friendly bunch of fellow collectors.

If you like, please introduce yourself a little bit more in this section.

Now back to your question.

Both belts look LL to me. The depth of the circles on the pouch and lightsabre (so that's what it is, I use to call this 'silver thing'!) can vary. It can also be protruding a bit?

wbobafett wrote:

4. the belts:
The deepth of the circles/injection points is not a clue to identify Ledy belts. They can be deep or not. Doesnt make sense because thats the point where the plastic material was injected in the mold! So of course these can be different!
IMO the pin from the fastener has to be the long one. So 1 and 2 can be ledy...three is not Ledy!

Your snake seems LL to me: brownish orange, circle on top of head (and body), no dent.

I am not an LL expert though, just the guy who wants to get some clear answers at the end of this thread about LL Yoda and all his accessories. So pls await the opinion of other TIG members as well.

Cheers,

Marco

Back to top Go down
davekbrown16
New User
New User

PostSubject: Thanks   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 4:46 pm

Thanks aussiejames and marco for you replies and welcomes to the forum. I am sure I will enjoy being a member of the community.

I have been sorting through the hundreds of loose accessories I have for my star wars figures and trying to identify if any are lili ledy or other variants and am glad to find somewhere where I can get the help I need identifying them. If I don't have the figures I was thinking af trading the accessories for others I need, but don't want to rip anyone off my claiming something is lili ledy if it isn't. Enough of this seems to go on on ebay already!

Does anyone know where there is a guide to Lili Ledy Logray as I have found a Logray pouch with LL marked on it which I believe to be Lili Ledy and would like to know if I have the figure or other accessories to go with it.

I have also found what I believe to be a Glasslite leia blaster (the one similar to a Jawa one). I have checked it against the weapons guide on here and it looks right. Will post a picture here if there is anyone who would try and confirm for me if they think it is genuine glasslite.

Thanks everyone for your help
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 3:09 am

Hi Dave,

I am sure there are enough TIG members which can and are willing to help you with identifying a LL Logray pouch and Glasslite Leia blaster.

Please start a new thread for these items, to keep focus on Yoda in this thread.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 3:50 am

Dave welcome abourd.

welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome

Dan.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 1:39 pm

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 Masteryoda

This thread started about two years ago, and with help of all the good info inside, I thought it was about time for some final answers.....

....soon in your nearest Lili Ledy thread....Master Yoda!!! yoda

Some work in progress
Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 IMG_6032
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 9:25 am

Yoda NEW

Mission Accomplished! smoke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3