The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FAKE OR REAL????....LEDY BURGUNDY CAPE!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

FAKE OR REAL????....LEDY BURGUNDY CAPE!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAKE OR REAL????....LEDY BURGUNDY CAPE!!!   FAKE OR REAL????....LEDY BURGUNDY CAPE!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:07 am

I've been away for a while dealing with work, new puppy and bubs on the way, but I had to chime in on this one. Hoping to be in more regular contact with you guys for a while until bubs arrives at least Smile

I agree with Jays idea - and if you can, limit access just to 'known' members. Something like you have to have 2-3 members vouch for you to have your 'secret member access activated'...

But it really is a catch 22. I think we want to be able to inform genuine collectors of what to look for so they don't get scammed, but at the same time we don't want that info to increase the 'quality' of the fakes.

I'm no ledy expert so this site in particular is great for helping me to expand my knowledge and collection, and I don't think I've got any fakes so far...from the discussion so far my Bib looks the goods (happy to post/pm pics if needed), and I'm pretty sure my Jawa is legit as well. But to be honest, this and other recent scams have put me off even looking for a burgundy Squid head, or any other fakeable figures.

The thing that gets me is the guys out there faking these things know enough about the hobby to know what to fake, so you would think they too are collectors or at least fans of Star Wars. Why are these butt monkeys raping the hobby that we all love, and that they could easily be a part of. I'm not a fan of repros, but I do think they have their place for the budget conscious collector that can't afford the real thing. The repros look good, so the guys making them could still make a killing selling them as repros, if only they were honest and (discretely) marked the product as repro so no one could get duped down the line.

With the latest batch of Bibs, I'm putting my money on dyed green Ledy capes. Explains the matching material & the red stitching - doesn't explain the minityness of the capes nor the recent volume.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: FAKE OR REAL????....LEDY BURGUNDY CAPE!!!   FAKE OR REAL????....LEDY BURGUNDY CAPE!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 12:36 pm

BAD NEWS:

PM FROM THE SELLER:

Quote :

Wolff
I have contacted my original seller, it was a long time ago but I will let you know, I dont think fake but I understand the slit problem but the fabric is the same, not fake, the same! I argue this is la nothing is proven yet.

what shall I do now????

wolff
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: FAKE OR REAL????....LEDY BURGUNDY CAPE!!!   FAKE OR REAL????....LEDY BURGUNDY CAPE!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 12:50 pm

Stay calm.

Let's find out the source.

We need to know were your guy got this cape from,and if the second person is the maker,were so close here don't scare away the dude we need a name of the repro maker.

just stay cool as a swimn pool.were almost reaching nirvana.

Dan. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Back to top Go down
joetxtek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
joetxtek

PostSubject: Re: FAKE OR REAL????....LEDY BURGUNDY CAPE!!!   FAKE OR REAL????....LEDY BURGUNDY CAPE!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 2:42 am

I'd say it's a fake the stitching looks sloppy and the red is a huge difference from mine and even the worn one that you have which looks to be legit dude I'll admit the material does look the part though doh
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: FAKE OR REAL????....LEDY BURGUNDY CAPE!!!   FAKE OR REAL????....LEDY BURGUNDY CAPE!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 3:50 am

joetxtek wrote:
I'd say it's a fake the stitching looks sloppy and the red is a huge difference from mine and even the worn one that you have which looks to be legit dude I'll admit the material does look the part though doh

Are you saying both are fake???
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: FAKE OR REAL????....LEDY BURGUNDY CAPE!!!   FAKE OR REAL????....LEDY BURGUNDY CAPE!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 4:02 am

No he's saying your play worn cape is like his both genuine but different to the "HQ" one Smile
Back to top Go down
joetxtek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
joetxtek

PostSubject: Re: FAKE OR REAL????....LEDY BURGUNDY CAPE!!!   FAKE OR REAL????....LEDY BURGUNDY CAPE!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 7:40 am

aussiejames wrote:
No he's saying your play worn cape is like his both genuine but different to the "HQ" one Smile

Yeah thats what I was trying to say, I was a bit sleepy when I posted that, sorry lol I can post pictures of mine if needed or I can PM you some either way let me know if you need any.
Back to top Go down
BILLIAM666
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BILLIAM666

PostSubject: Re: FAKE OR REAL????....LEDY BURGUNDY CAPE!!!   FAKE OR REAL????....LEDY BURGUNDY CAPE!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 12:51 pm

How many members here have one of these new "HQ Ledy Bib Fortuna repro capes". I have one . . .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAKE OR REAL????....LEDY BURGUNDY CAPE!!!   FAKE OR REAL????....LEDY BURGUNDY CAPE!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FAKE OR REAL????....LEDY BURGUNDY CAPE!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3