The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clear bubble premium!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Clear bubble premium! Empty
PostSubject: Clear bubble premium!   Clear bubble premium! I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 12:08 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/star-wars-return-jedi-8d8-79-bk-afa-85-clear-/360262997831?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e1591747#ht_500wt_983

Ok, clear bubbles are awesome, 79 offerless can be hard to find.. but $355?! You can buy a proof with that money and have change !

I remember hearing a 77bk offerless AFA 85 or 90 8D8 was bought for about $400 in the past lol

Can't see the method to that madness, even if its a stunning figure even I recognize its just 8D8 Laughing
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Clear bubble premium!   Clear bubble premium! I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 12:13 pm

Yea that's a nice card and all, but $355 is insanity!

Sure 79 offerless is a hell of a cardback to try and track down, but that's just silly money. Especially when you figure that it's a Kenner bubble, so it's going to yellow at some point.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Clear bubble premium!   Clear bubble premium! I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 12:15 pm

A fool and his money are soon parted
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Clear bubble premium!   Clear bubble premium! I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 12:21 pm

I gotta agree Chris, I have even seen a few RS FS threads in the last year or so with descriptions reading :

"Given the clear designation the bubble has yellowed since grading" LOL

You just can't put a premium on a bubble colour, it will yellow, 10 months or 10 years who knows but you can't keep it clear.

I figure any common ROTJ character with a perfect card and clear bubble can run $100 -$150 - thats my complete maximum and still within sanity pricing. Anything more than that and its just money thrown away in my opinion!

The most I paid for a clear bubble 8D8 was $50 I think - the tricky Canadian version is probably worth a bit more of a premium as they are almost always brown and not just yellow and I lost out on one last year in the $80-100 range, because simply I wasn't prepared to pay that much for a clear bubble.

It's a great bonus if its clear but is it really worth $300 more than a yellowed 79 back? (for the record I got mine for $20 I think lol)
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Clear bubble premium!   Clear bubble premium! I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 12:33 pm

Although it makes me proud to see the only one of this guys figures with bids is the 8D8 Wink
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Clear bubble premium!   Clear bubble premium! I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:46 pm

It really is an insane amount to pay for a clear bubble 8D8. When I first saw this listed, I thought it would never sell at that price and then I noticed it already had a bid. Shocked

Like you said Joe, a proof can be picked up cheaper than this and in my view is a better piece for a collection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Clear bubble premium!   Clear bubble premium! I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:08 pm

Makes you wonder what that AFA100 Tusken Raider is worth now Laughing
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Clear bubble premium!   Clear bubble premium! I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:11 pm

Joe_O wrote:
Makes you wonder what that AFA100 Tusken Raider is worth now Laughing

Too easy....................

Clear bubble premium! Drevil
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Clear bubble premium!   Clear bubble premium! I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:15 pm

lol!

Probably not far off!

I always thought the wealthy collectors were far too impatient for SW collecting anyway, most of the people that pay these prices for these figures have only been looking for them for a few months and give up - so you could put a 1K price tag on a Klaatu and they would buy it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Clear bubble premium!   Clear bubble premium! I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:44 pm

That's insane Shocked ...

and isn't even a Jedi Laughing
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Clear bubble premium!   Clear bubble premium! I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:17 pm

Mine's practically dirt cheap at £60 compared to that one! lol!
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Clear bubble premium!   Clear bubble premium! I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:09 pm

lol i luv dr.evil

AFA 100 Tusken Raider 100 Billion dollar's