The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

my play room...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:18 am

Edit: I promised Joe_O some pictures of my MOC set Smile well here are the first pictures (now complete Smile):
my play room... Mocs_110 my play room... Mocs_210 my play room... Mocs_310 my play room... Mocs_410 my play room... Mocs_510 my play room... Mocs_610

Old thread:
Finally I got around and took some snapshots of my play room. Very Happy

The "door view":
my play room... Room10

View from the door inside the room:
my play room... Room_210

Turning right:
my play room... Room_310 my play room... Room_410 my play room... Room_510

Left side:
my play room... Room_710 my play room... Room_810

Left side (variant drawers and scenes):
my play room... Drawer11 my play room... Drawer10 my play room... Scene_10 my play room... Scene_11

Forgot to take a total of the left side - hm... and yes - it is a dark place! Smile

Uli

Last edited by Idefix13 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:10 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:27 am

Awesome mate, some really nice items there all in brilliant condition, boxes included

love the poster on the wall next to the door where the figures are up on black tubes

Andy
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:29 am

Shocked

Wow!
Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:39 am

That's lovely Uli :clap:

Didn't realise you had so much other
stuff on top of the loose variants Cool

Now just imagine if all toy shops looked like that :Drool:
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:44 am

Uli

This is why I wanted to see more pics of your room after seeing your thread on the promo stuff. I could tell by those few pics your collection would be cool-but I didn't expect it to be this amazing!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

I hope one of these days my room will be as awesome as yours.... Who am I kidding I could collect for the next 20 years and it wouldn't be half as nice as yours! No

BTW I love the way you have all your promo posters displayed around the whole room-looks really good. That thread you started has me looking for old promo posters to hang up in my room instead of the usual movie posters you always see.

Just wanted to say great job and I'm very envious! cheers cheers

Brad
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:48 am

Many thanks for all the "flowers" Very Happy

Geordie - the poster with the black tubes is a Swedish retailer poster. You can find a better picture of it here (please click).

Here is a close up pic (left side) with some mail aways and the bottom part of a German store display I forgot to include in the first post (not really spectacular):
my play room... Mail_a10
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 9:52 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked WOW!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

I'm lost for words... I need to back and look again
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:10 am

I can't stop looking ULi... It is amazing! How do you ever leave the house for work man? I would be phoning in "sick" every moring so I could stay in the play room.

Did you build all the shelving units yourself?

It looks like I will be pestering you with questions again! LOL

***Craig picks up jaw from floor and walks to the kitchen for a cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:24 am

Nice. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dan.
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:29 am

Hey Craig Smile - only the shelf on the left is home made. All other parts (including the drawers) are IKEA made... and all questions are welcome!

Well each collection has its own charme and is unique as it reflects a part of the collectors life. My collection is mainly built on the common production loose stuff with not much cool (or rare) MOC or boxed items in as I never spent much attention to this.

But is is cool you all like my room.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:36 am

Like? I love it man! It's totally amazing!

I didn't realease you had so much cool stuff!
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 12:50 pm

Wow Uli I'm stunned! Shocked

Incredible.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Hi Uli. Outstanding work my friend WOW! What a room!!
Some great attention to detail too with the scenes like the Max Rebo band on their own stage Cool
The Hoth scene is just excellent Cool

You have like a dozen loose Emperor's Royal Guards too! I'm still waiting to get my first lol.

I also like how you're not afraid to compliment your collection with a little bit of non-vintage too... cool, I would find it hard not to include, say, my Artoo-Potatoo Mr Potato head figure if I had a room lol. I noticed your additions of LEGO and the cool Darth Maul display Cool

The loose figures displayed in the drawers are also done with a keen eye as you've used the yellow background colour belonging to the cardbacks. Nice.

And good to see those promo posters utilised. By the way I put a picture up on your paperwork thread of my latest 'Revenge' leaflet - hope you like.

Really impressive stuff, I would stay in that room for hours... days...

thank you for sharing, Paul

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 5:27 pm

WOW!!!

Awesome collection Uli & nicely displayed too!I love the Hoth display!

Impressive,most impressive! Cool
Back to top Go down
hothrebel
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
hothrebel

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 5:44 pm

F**king quality room pal, I would love to have that kinda set up but the Mrs thinks it's already bad enough having a few MOC's about the place.
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 5:59 pm

damn , nice job keeping this hidden for so long , what an amazing collection

so many super nice items to many to mention

i really have no other words then omg and wtf

i love to diorama kind of set ups you made , actually i love it all and i gives me so much motivation and insperation to start on my new collection room

jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 6:38 pm

very impressive! great condition on those palitoy playset boxes (to name one thing)
congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Great collection & display Uli. Quite different to what i was expecting i guess, with the great scenes & wide variety of sw material.
Thanks for sharing that with us all. Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 5:35 am

WOW Uli that is one amazing collection room buddy!!

Love the MOC collection as well bro!

Do you have draws for all your figure variants?

Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:45 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Uli ,WHAT HUGE COLLECTION!! :clap:
i like the way to display the figures in "dioramas"
I thought you just have a endless variant collection :scratch:
Congrats!!
Javi
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:35 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:
...I noticed your additions of LEGO and the cool Darth Maul display Cool ... And good to see those promo posters utilised. By the way I put a picture up on your paperwork thread of my latest 'Revenge' leaflet - hope you like...
A while back I removed all the production Lego stuff out of the room and only kept the store displays inside. The Darth Maul is a Lego cardboard retailer thing.
The Revenge leaflet is pretty cool. If I remember right it came with the mail away Nien Numb. The same flyer exists as Return version.

Tank1252 wrote:
...different to what i was expecting i guess, with the great scenes & wide variety of sw material....
I really wonder what you had expected Wink

jaymassive619 wrote:
...Do you have draws for all your figure variants?
All my variant figures are stored in drawers - but I'm running out of space (again) Smile
Back to top Go down

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:39 am

I Love this!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hey Uli, you always impress me. Where do you obtain all these stuff????

Great display, very cool!!

I will update my pictures very soon, and you could see my Treasury Room Cool
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 2:46 pm

thegame-sw wrote:
... Where do you obtain all these stuff????

I started to collect in 1993. I read a newspaper ad from someone looking for SW figures. This made me think about my old toys and I got in contact with him. I never sold anything to the guy but started to collect myself. Smile

The major loose part of my collection were different childhood collections I bought or traded. I remember one guy trading a few loose figures for some Mickey Mouse books. It was pretty cool as I got my first Amanaman (I was sure it is no SW Char Very Happy) and Yak Face from this deal. Well but this was years (!) back.

I got a member of the OSWFC and orderd lists (via letter) from other collectors (or dealers). After that the www and ebay came.

Uli
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:31 am

That is a classy play room Uli, so many cool items. I could spend hours in those draws checking variants. How do you keep the kids out of there? Razz It also looks like you are quite close to completing the tri-logo MOC run.
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:27 pm

James - I feel I've spent weeks (if not months) checking all these variants Wink

I still need 7 figures on trilogo MOC to complete the run. I guess I'll never own a Boba Fett, Jawa, Madine but I hopefull to get a Leia Princess, Tie Pilot, Luke Stormtooper, Yak Face somewhere in the future.

Otherwise I'm still looking for a R2 on SW card, Greedo and Boba Fett on ROTJ card.

Any help on these would be gladly appreaciated.

As for the boys - our larger little one (2.5 years old) already has some figures to play with. He respects "dad's upstairs office" (his words) and only goes in with me (so far Wink)

Uli
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my play room... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my play room...   my play room... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my play room...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next