The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread   Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:26 pm

No answers for you Paul?

Shame this thread was buried, resurrection time Wink

As to your question - I have a loose China COO LXW so not hens teeth rare, although with MOC your guess is as good as mine, you can bet there are a few out there but like with most COO's and as you already know, Hong Kong was the real work horse for Kenner and those factories pumped out some mammoth numbers, any other COO is "rarer" but probably not "rare" in the grand scheme of things, you should try asking Marc - theguiltyone about MIC (made in china) mocs for LXW he could probably tell you which other ones he knows of (ESB,SW etc- if any)

Going to add some links to this thread in a moment for you guys to read, all relating to Vintage MOC.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread   Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:35 pm

Update- 10/10/10

Just added the following links to the main post (discussions referencing carded figures)

Palitoy offer expiration date
Hole in the back of Made in Mexico / Ledy Cards
Store price sticker opinions
Palitoy MOC with yellow bubbles
Yellow bubbles : Palitoy vs Kenner
Trilogo bubble dent removal tip
Using price stickers to hide damage on carded figures
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread   Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 7:05 pm

Nice one Joe Smile Good work on adding those links.
I've already added another LXW MOC to my collection since that last one and have my eye on another one too. Damn distracting indecisive tempting hobby! lol.
From what I've since read you seem about right with the rarity issue anyway.
Cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread   Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 12:50 pm

Oh I just realised the trilogo LXW card has a MIC stamp as well Paul, wonder if that means the figure can be MIC? I don't know for sure, I guess it could be No COO as well- awaiting variation hunters to chime in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread   Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 12:09 am

Craig T's Luke Jedi MOC Reference Thread (In depth research on factory differences)

Apologies to Craig for not including this great reference, it's going to the front page in the link section right now !
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread   Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 11:43 am

Adding some recent MOC discussion threads to this mega index Laughing

I figure its handy having it all together so if someone finds this thread they have all the other discussion linked in the one thread and can probably find the answer to their questions (or some old thread to bump for some new discussion!)

Packaging MOCS for shipping : A How To..
AFA MOC grading comparisons : Trilogo R2 POTF
Differences in Cardback quality
More AFA Grading comparisons : AFA 80 trilogos
Problems with acrylic cases damaging MOCS
Four different trilogo variations?
Trilogo variation discussion (detailed)
AFA designation discussion (Trilogos)
Trilogo in depth discussion : 70c variant + VERY detailed distribution information included (good read)
Taking pictures of MOCS without a light box
Question about removing price stickers
Some MOC pricing advice needed
Resealed figure discussion
How to identify Made in Mexico MOC figures
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread   Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 5:24 am

A well deserved bump for an awesome thread!!

Great Job on indexing all the MOC related threads in the first post Joe Smile 5000 Kudos coming your way Wink

Joe shall we use the content of your first post to create a dedicated page for MOC's on TIG Interactive?

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread   Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:38 pm

Jay - I'm glad you bumped this as this is the first time I've seen this thread. Great links for reference Joe!

I've had a pretty shotgun approach to my moc's so far. Find an ROTJ I like and can afford and go for it. It's given me a nice variety of different offers, cardbacks, etc. Something different and cool to look at on each one. My Canadian Leia Battle Poncho with the UPC code left blank was a first for me.

So many variations, so much fun!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread   Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:14 pm

Bit of a bump for any newbies, not got around to adding any new threads but I will do at some point when I find the time to go through the discussions that have come along since my last update.

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread   Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 6:53 am

Joe_O wrote:
not got around to adding any new threads but I will do at some point when I find the time to go through the discussions that have come along since my last update.

5 month nudge/bump Smile
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread   Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 3:24 am

:bump:

Let's give this thread a well deserved bump.

Some great info and links for Moc collectors!

Any new information, questions or discussion, please feel free to add!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread   Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage MOC Collecting : The Discussion And Information Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2