The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:07 pm

Shawn-great score on the proof,that will look awesome with the rest of the focus! Very Happy

Dan-excellent LL figures,congrats! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:25 pm

thank's stan. cheers
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:43 pm

Wow some great additions today guys!

Really like all the stuff shown lately, awesome haul Joe, nice bootlegs Martijn, nice ledy + pbp's Dan

Shawn - well done man, I am so glad it arrived and its in awesome shape!

MartijnEmmelot wrote:

Luke Jedi is THE one and ONLY Return of the Jedi proofcard!

~Martijn

When you put it like that Martijn, he really is isn't he! Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 6:24 am

Arrived this morning.
I only bought this one as i wanted to see how AFA graded these tri logo's, plus Mrs had a 25% discount voucher off ebay so got it for less than a non graded peice.
80 card, 75 bubble & 80 figure.
This one will be a filler tho, bubble damage i can live with, card is pretty nice tbh but figure has a small nose rub which bugs me already lol.
Guess thats why he got an 80.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 P3255410

Good to see the grades tho, i now have something to compare against.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 6:37 am

Nice Del, your last 17 stickered set is coming on pretty quickly, I hear you already got the big one out of the way as well ! Wink

To be honest, Imperial Dignitary in a trilogo bubble is asking for trouble lol, you will be lucky to find one that either doesn't have a mark on his nose or one that doesn't do it in transit Sad
(Perhaps try and buy one in person from a show and you can guard him all the way home lol)

I hear you on comparing the grades though it is good to see exactly what AFA grading is like and what they mark down on for carded.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 7:09 am

Hmmm, proof card- still gotta get me one of them. Great to see all the new additions everyone. Here's my recent upgrade thanks to Toltoyed Smile
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 SDC11486
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 SDC11488
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 7:39 am

Joe_O wrote:
Nice Del, your last 17 stickered set is coming on pretty quickly, I hear you already got the big one out of the way as well ! Wink

To be honest, Imperial Dignitary in a trilogo bubble is asking for trouble lol, you will be lucky to find one that either doesn't have a mark on his nose or one that doesn't do it in transit Sad
(Perhaps try and buy one in person from a show and you can guard him all the way home lol)

I hear you on comparing the grades though it is good to see exactly what AFA grading is like and what they mark down on for carded.

Good point joe, other thing thats a tad annoying is he has a bubble push on the front that would easily pull out with some tape lol. I've put him on the shelf with the others and he looks pretty good tbh. I will keep him and then when im done with the set i may upgrade. The card is actually really nice, just a bit of wear on the bottom edge and a couple of tiny creases.
I like the AFA case, looks nice so i may at some point get the others done. Or may just buy some acrylic cases, much nicer looking than the star cases.

Don't fancy posting tri logo's to the states tho!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:41 am

Oscars cases make ANYTHING look nice Del Laughing

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 310

lol!
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:10 am

Joe_O wrote:

Nice find Dell!

I seen a couple of these with the bottom of the yellow sticker behind the bubble - so it looked like they were "priced up" in the factory. Not sure if anyone can confirm that?

I had a similar problem with My Luke Jedi. Those bubbles are way too big for the figure to survive a long haul flight without some damage.

The only thing I would warn you and fellow TIG users about is:

If you buy an AFA graded Tri-logo release (with oversized bubble) the figure & bubble may not be in the same condition as they were when they were originally graded. Most sellers will fail to point this out and will just quote the AFA grades to you. Without the protective inner tray, there's a good chance that the figure would of sustained some damage on leaving AFA HQ rattlelling around in the postage system. So when you buy, remember to ask for high quality photos from the seller or ask specific questions like "dose the figure or bubble have paint rubbing marks" ect - don't assume anything. This is especially important for higher grades like AFA 80+ where the premiums start to increase the price you pay stupidly. Unless you can buy it in person - maybe factor in a "damge discount" for yourself with the assumption it will get slightly damaged on route to you.

I paid a little bit extra for a rarer Luke Jedi Tri-Logo C-Back only to be disappointed when it arrived with rubbing to the face and hand. In fairness, the seller did an excellent job in packing so the card remained beatiful but there was nothing she could to stop luke getting a good shoeing inside the bubble.

Good luck Del
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:02 am

Very, very nice additions everyone! Shawn man, I know I told you in chat, but it deserves another kudos here! That is one sweet proof card! Very nice pick up! Smile

Here's my latest addition. Palitoy Rebel Commando 65C with Palitoy Bubble (thanks for the heads up on that one Jay!). Smile

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 Palrc10

And with that, I have my Palitoy run of Rebel Commando's complete (well, except for the 65A, which isn't known to exist, but I would love to be proved wrong Wink)!

Palitoy 65B w/Double Stem Bubble, 65C w/Palitoy Bubble and 65C w/Tri-Logo Bubble! Smile

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 Palrc310
Back to top Go down
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:20 am

Loadsa cool stuff on here recently, glad that proof landed ok Shawn Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.vintagetoybox.net
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:41 am

Very nice Chris, looking great! Can't wait to see some more additions on the future from you !
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:49 am

Excellent new additions Del,James & Chris,congrats! Cool
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:58 am

Wow! some more great additions everyone.

Del, nice Imperial Dignitary. Too bad about the nose rub. It's crazy that they even come carded with that problem. Sad

James, cool AT-At commander. Looks like a good upgrade to me.

Chris, glad you were able to get the RC with the Palitoy bubble and a great price too. It's really cool to see the run of Palitoy Commandos. I hope a 65A comes up from out of nowhere and you get it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 5:07 pm

Well done lads really nice stuff as always!

Chris: would you be able to take pics of the back of the Palitoy cards and show which ones are which? I have two versions but I'm not sure on what ones I have.

If there's a link somewhere indicating which figures were released on what palitoy cards that would be great too!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 5:44 pm

Craig T wrote:

Chris: would you be able to take pics of the back of the Palitoy cards and show which ones are which? I have two versions but I'm not sure on what ones I have.

If there's a link somewhere indicating which figures were released on what palitoy cards that would be great too!

Hey Craig, I don't have any photos of the backs handy right now, but I can give you a link to the Palitoy website. Very Happy

Palitoy.org

There's a photo gallery there, along with a matrix that shows what's available for which figure. Smile
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 6:03 pm

RebelChris wrote:
Craig T wrote:

Hey Craig, I don't have any photos of the backs handy right now, but I can give you a link to the Palitoy website. Very Happy

Palitoy.org

There's a photo gallery there, along with a matrix that shows what's available for which figure. Smile

Thanks Chris! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 6:42 pm

Since i changed my focus( year ago) from loose variant to PBP loose and carded i have found this guys.
Hope you enjoy Wink
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 Dsc_0215
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 6:45 pm

javiswspain wrote:
Since i changed my focus( year ago) from loose variant to PBP loose and carded i have found this guys.
Hope you enjoy Wink
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 Dsc_0215

affraid Loving the PBP Vader MOC Javi!

As always fantastic pics ups lads!! There is so many to mention them all!

Shawn great to see you land your first proof buddy!!
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 6:48 pm

javi great work man.those cardback's are the shezzzzzz. Shocked Shocked Shocked Dan.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 7:39 pm

Great pick up guys. Love the proof, Shawn.

Those are some sweet carded PBP's, Javi.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 7:44 pm

great pick ups all round guys!!
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:03 pm

i have'nt received my new figure yet but it is supposed to be a ledy removable limb c3po with removable c3po limb bag.i received an email from seller today and he told me he shipped out the item's today and that my c3po bag is not ledy.can you beleive this bullshit.this guy admitt's to me he ripped me off but since he told me about it before i receive it make's it all better.thank you ahole psboym2 for ripping me off. you admitted to doing it even before i received it. your commendable let me honor you with feces and bile.i think i'm going to plan a trip to mexico,for old fashion ass whompn who's in.Dan.here is my pissed of face. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Last edited by vintageSWfan on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:27 pm

Sounds like you need to leave the Ebay Ledy hunting alone. Your just not having any luck at all on there.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:30 pm

Yeah I gotta agree with Chris on this, Ebay + Nice LEGIT Ledy figures are going to be 1 in every 20 listed as Ledy.

All the best with the latest shitty Ledy deal Dan Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1 - Page 30 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next