The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments Empty
PostSubject: Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments   Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:17 pm

Any of you guys think this airport shutdown in Europe will affect their shipments of goods? I got something coming from Europe and I'm thinking I will be waiting awhile since I don't think it was shipped in time. It's coming from Germany.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments   Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:57 am

That's a dam good point that i didn't think of!!!

Nearly all flights in the UK have been canceled for the last 3 days leaving thousands of people stranded so its only logical that this will impact international items coming in.

I did get a card from the Royal Mail yesterday morning which i think is a parcel from Australia so maybe that came into England prior to the ash cloud?
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments   Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:59 am

yes i'm pretty sure stuff will be delayed.i know it's a bummer.Dan. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments   Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:02 am

hmmm, I also shipped something from germany to Uk....wondering if they take a ship instead????

Never thought about this...hopefully it arrives soon!

I also have something comming from mexico......think this doesnt affect the mule-delivery lol!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments   Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:13 am

lol. Mule delivery is correct.Dan lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments   Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 9:47 am

Just as long as this mule learned to swim unlike the last one. lol!

Didn't they say that it was starting to affect California now? I think I heard that on the news last night.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments   Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 11:54 am

All air shipments to and from Europe are affected. I've asked the guy that's shipping from Germany 2 times what day he shipped and he won't freakin' answer the question. I'm about to get pissed at the guy. I've asked twice what day because he said originally that he would ship last monday and if he did, it might have got out in time, but if not, i'll probably be waiting multiple weeks. He keeps responding that it takes 10 days to arrive, well :No Shit!" but what fuckin' day did you ship. I emailed him again and if he avoids the question again, I will get one of you guys to go break his knee caps.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments   Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 12:59 pm

DarthGanja wrote:
All air shipments to and from Europe are affected. I've asked the guy that's shipping from Germany 2 times what day he shipped and he won't freakin' answer the question. I'm about to get pissed at the guy. I've asked twice what day because he said originally that he would ship last monday and if he did, it might have got out in time, but if not, i'll probably be waiting multiple weeks. He keeps responding that it takes 10 days to arrive, well :No Shit!" but what fuckin' day did you ship. I emailed him again and if he avoids the question again, I will get one of you guys to go break his knee caps.

lol...maybe he is a neighbor of me...let me know Wink
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments   Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 12:59 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Just as long as this mule learned to swim unlike the last one. lol!

nasty one...the last died...and I have lost lots of money.... Mad
Back to top Go down
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments   Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 2:42 pm

Holland and Spain have done some flying to register the result of everything. They were up in 3 km height, where the ashcload is 10 km height. What I heard it went good, and they will probibly return airtraffic very soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pencilart.dk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments   Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Volcanic Eruption disrupting shipments

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1