The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 8:48 pm

i'd like to take a moment and sing a song by eminem slim shady.it will help me clear my head.so i can see the light.will the reall lili ledy please stand up. please staand up.all the slim shady's the real slim shady's please stand up please stand up.yeah friday can't get here soon enough. drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking2 drinking2 drinking2 drinking2 drinking2 drinking2 drinking2 drinking2 drinking2 drinking2 drinking2 drinking2 drinking2 drinking2 drinking2 lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Danny boy.
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 8:49 pm

Jason.. I am confused. I thought they both were Ledy. Is the one on the left the same one you posted back on page 2?
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 8:50 pm

i'm in a good mood can you tell.geez it's about time. it must because i just looked at jason's ledy collection :Drool: :Drool: :Drool: :Drool: :Drool: :Drool: :Drool: :Drool: :Drool: :Drool: :Drool: :Drool: :Drool: Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley

Last edited by vintageSWfan on Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 8:51 pm

Yes, Dan.. But you are hurting my eyes!! : )
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 8:53 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 8:56 pm

jason on a serious note.i can't tell the difference i tried,i looked real hard for differences.i though maybe something was different with a indent on the c3po on left above his lip and the one on right was smooth.also i thought there was a longer line indent on the neck of the figure on right than the one on left.i tried.Dan.
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:01 pm

Sorry about the confusion. I have put a bunch up in a hurry Smile. The first one I posted with the net next to him and a shot of the COO was ledy. The next one with them side by side is ledy on the left and kenner no coo raised bar on the right. I always leave the net attached to the standard kenner one for the pics.

Sorry about that boys.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:06 pm

everything's cool jason i was'nt confused,i just can't figure out the difference between the two,i'm stumped.maybe someone else can chime in,wolff, we need your advice buddy come back to us.jason need's to know if you can see a difference in his two side by side c3po's ledy on left kenner on right,what do you see.calling out everyone please help solve a ledy c3po question.it's weird when i call out wolff and he appears it's like i'm praying to him is that weird,he hear's my calling. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! :lol!:Dan.
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:20 am

I have a reply from Cristian on the photo with the raised bar and the curved datestamp one beside it, Ledy is definately a raised bar as Wolff confirms, we need the facial difference highlighted better really, or is there anything else unique about the raised bar one anyone can see? From obscure photos he is going to be a tough one to ID when we come across him
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:58 am

I will try to get you better pics because I am 100% sure the one I have is Ledy. I trust 4 people when it comes to identifying ledys and 1 sold me this figure Smile. I will take some better side by side pics but in person you can see a difference in their face. The true round face is specific to the non removable limb ledy C3PO.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:56 pm

hey guys...

both on the compare pics look like normal head to me...so now circle head on those pics.

I also found a pic in my ar4chive from a HK Ledy rem limbs.....

I dont get it...we need carded examples IMO

Wolff
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:12 am

Back with some info. I received a removable limbs C3PO from a seller in Mexico and wanted to share some photos and comments below:

Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 Ledyre10

Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 Ledyre11

Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 Ledyre12

Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 Ledyre13

Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 Ledyre14

Some things that stand out to me:

1. The number of defined circles on the chest plate seem to be three or four. My Kenner and Takara versions have at least one or two more defined/raised circles.
2. Raised bar COO
3. Dot on back of head seems smaller than my Kenner version, similar to my Takara
4. Circles below knees
5. Silverish, not gold. Hard to see in photos

Thoughts??

-chris
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:22 am

This is definitly a question for Wolff.

Yo Wolff your TIG brother's need you buddy.Chris has an Ledy pullapart C3po with question's get your ass in here.Dan. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:46 pm

i dont have my two kenner raised bars here...I check mine when Im home!!

IN GENERAL: you need the same coo to compare...all other kenner figures are wothless for comparing.

wolff
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:12 pm

Hey Wolff, thanks for the input. I don't have other figures to compare with, I thought it might be useful to point out things that I think are different along with photos. I guess this one will remain a mystery until we can find a carded example to get some close-up photos. Where the hell do we find one of these??!

-chris
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:15 pm

xiskool wrote:
Where the hell do we find one of these??!

Luis G?
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:27 pm

I PM"d Luis G on RS like two month's ago,i still have'nt heard from him.

If he has a carded Ledy pullapart c3po that would be awesome.

Jason see if you can get a hold of him.Maybe Shane Turgeon from RS can get Luis G to chime in.Shane always answer's back.
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 7:10 pm

I recently found the correct figure/net and wanted to bump this thread up with some photos. It may seem silly to some folks, but for me the authentic net is what makes this figure. I've seen many photos with Kenner nets (or no nets at all) and it really makes me question the overall authenticity.

Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 Ledy_r28

Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 Ledy_r29

Thanks for the help, guys. It was especially helpful seeing the photos with the authentic nets.

-chris
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 8:13 pm

Ya getting a mint Ledy removable limb bag is harder than finding a mint pullapart Ledy C-3PO.

Dan.
Back to top Go down
llseeker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi guys, sorry to spoil the party. There is NO LL C3PO removable limbs with no coo raised bar. No way.

There is a HK one and the no coo dude can have a small scar or nothing at all, but no raised bar.

I am 100% sure of this.

Carlos
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:22 pm

llseeker wrote:
Hi guys, sorry to spoil the party. There is NO LL C3PO removable limbs with no coo raised bar. No way.

There is a HK one and the no coo dude can have a small scar or nothing at all, but no raised bar.

I am 100% sure of this.

Carlos

Hi Carlos - I had doubts about mine with the raised bar but there are others here who got their raised bar figures from trusted sources. I have to ask, how can you be 100% sure, since I know others will wonder the same thing.

By the way, my AFA-graded 3PO with the correct Ledy bag has a very clean scar, so please do not think I am challenging you. You seem willing to share info, so we are here to learn! : )

-chris
Back to top Go down
llseeker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:34 pm

xiskool wrote:
llseeker wrote:

I am 100% sure of this.

Carlos

Hi Carlos - I had doubts about mine with the raised bar but there are others here who got their raised bar figures from trusted sources. I have to ask, how can you be 100% sure, since I know others will wonder the same thing.

By the way, my AFA-graded 3PO with the correct Ledy bag has a very clean scar, so please do not think I am challenging you. You seem willing to share info, so we are here to learn! : )

-chris

Hi Chris, no problem, I don't see any challenges in your reply.

What some folks may be getting wrong is that some no coo LL C3PO's have a very thin "bump" over the coo area or a few dots (this is what I referred to as a small "scar" in my previous post) while some of them have the coo cleanly erased.

If we define the usual "raised bar" that we see on many figures, then we will talk about a well-formed bar with even height, perfectly rounded edges and probably 1 mm lifted from the actual figure's leg. That is very different from a thin "bump".

The best way to identify a LL C3PO removable limbs is either by the bag or by the quality of the chrome. I tried many times to identify other differences unsuccessfully. LL C3PO's plainly have low quality chrome and the best place to prove it are the areas where the limbs go into the torso and rub it, you will find that most LL C3PO's will have the chrome worn-off and white plastic areas will be exposed due to the chrome simply falling off, while Kenner figures seem to have a much more resistant chrome and in the cases that there is wear instead of white plastic you will see scratches.

Finally, the no coo raised bar and the LL C3PO's were made out of different moulds. The raised bar dude has long arm rods going into the torso while both LL figures (HK and no coo) have short arm rods and come from the same mould, the Kenner HK 2-line large font coo.

Hope this helps....

Carlos
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 6:22 am

Good to have a few more Ledy heads on the forum.

Welcome lads.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 3:09 pm

hmmmm. I saw a raised bar one with circle head....

maybe Im wrong!° Ill search the pic!

(Carlos....I know the difference between sthe so called scar and a raised bar....you know that....so let me check!)

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO   Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ledy rem. limbs C-3PO

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3