The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Finally picked up my holy grail!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MasterTyvokka
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MasterTyvokka

Finally picked up my holy grail! Empty
PostSubject: Finally picked up my holy grail!   Finally picked up my holy grail! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 11:09 pm

Well most of it... Ever since I discovered the world of vintage star wars I have wanted a Death Star Playset. I wanted one that was either complete with box or a price that I was comfortable with that would allow me to complete it.

I found and picked up one today!  Its missing the cardboard inserts, one sticker, and has one broken support, but it has the rope, foam and dianoga.  I've got the foam in a archival baggie with the hopes that will help preserve it.

Regarding the stickers, I'd like to attempt to reattach them.  I was thinking a glue stick might work, although a couple are pretty brittle. Maybe some plain white glue?
Finally picked up my holy grail! 20190710
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Finally picked up my holy grail!   Finally picked up my holy grail! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 3:10 pm

Superb addition! Great it has the Dianogo monster too. That play set is going to look good displayed with a few figures.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Finally picked up my holy grail!   Finally picked up my holy grail! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 4:36 pm

Always wanted one of these. One day maybe. The plastic and structure looks great and hopefully you can source the parts you need.

Congrats!! Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Finally picked up my holy grail!   Finally picked up my holy grail! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 11:45 am

Congrats on the pick up! I love my Death Star. I'm sure you will enjoy yours as well, and get it loaded up with some figures!

I've had very good luck with just a glue stick. Be careful with the ones that are brittle. Shouldn't be a problem to replace that broken support, either.
Back to top Go down
MasterTyvokka
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MasterTyvokka

PostSubject: Re: Finally picked up my holy grail!   Finally picked up my holy grail! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 10:14 am

Thanks all! I actually found one on ebay with an original box and instructions. It was missing some of the stuff I have and had the stuff I'm missing. Got it for a great price. Unfortunately, it was supposed to arrive Thursday. I am 95% sure the seller has sent it but it appears USPS has misplaced it. Last tracking shows it at the Jersey City facility.

If they've gone and lost this.... dalek
Back to top Go down
VINTAGEHAN
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
VINTAGEHAN

PostSubject: Re: Finally picked up my holy grail!   Finally picked up my holy grail! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 11:47 am

Wow looks great! Is a glue stick the preferred method to re apply old stickers?
Back to top Go down
http://www.robgenovese.com/
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Finally picked up my holy grail!   Finally picked up my holy grail! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 4:26 pm

Not sure about preferred but seems to be the most common and easiest. I have seen many say they use them to reapply old stickers that have fallen off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally picked up my holy grail!   Finally picked up my holy grail! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally picked up my holy grail!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1