The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My precioussss treasure

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fito
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Fito

My precioussss treasure Empty
PostSubject: My precioussss treasure   My precioussss treasure I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 8:40 pm

Hello! I just wanted to share with all of you one of those very special items I cherished all my life: a book about The Empire Strikes Back with photos of the making of, the actors, some very cool set photos and Mc Quarry´s artwork. Absolutely outstanding. Plus, it was a present my father gave me during a very pleasant holiday in the coast city of Mar del Plata (Argentina). The interesting thing about all this is... I never, EVER seen this book anywhere else in the world, and I had the luck to attend conventions in Spain, Japan, USA...  And it was the first time I saw the Millenium Falcon 1:1. When I told other SW fans about this real size Falcon they used to laugh at me and say "Are you nuts!?" Smile
Enjoy!

My precioussss treasure 20180122
My precioussss treasure 20180123
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: My precioussss treasure   My precioussss treasure I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 2:47 am

First off welcome to the group very cool book. That is something I like to collect as well of course most of mine are in English.

I have seen that one on eBay a couple of times but not very often nor would I know a price point I think the ones I seen were like $40-$50 range. I believe I seen another with a different cover but I am only going by the words (imperio contra) stood out and the cover photo. It is very cool and if you know of one with the same title but different cover art let me know,

Larry
Back to top Go down
Fito
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Fito

PostSubject: Re: My precioussss treasure   My precioussss treasure I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 8:58 am

arohk wrote:
First off welcome to the group very cool book. That is something I like to collect as well of course most of mine are in English.

I have seen that one on eBay a couple of times but not very often nor would I know a price point I think the ones I seen were like $40-$50 range. I believe I seen another with a different cover but I am only going by the words (imperio contra) stood out and the cover photo. It is very cool and if you know of one with the same title but different cover art let me know,

Larry

Could be the same book with different cover. I`m really glad they used this artwork in the spanish version I got cause it reflects -in my humble opinion- all the greatness of that movie.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: My precioussss treasure   My precioussss treasure I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 4:07 pm

Cool book and even cooler that it's your childhood book and you still have it.
I have two Star Wars books left over from my childhood, and after selling off all my collection as a teenager I'm pleased I still have these study  
Will move this topic to main section as it's vintage SW, thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: My precioussss treasure   My precioussss treasure I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 4:43 pm

That book looks amazing, I love all the behind the scenes photos.
Back to top Go down
Fito
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Fito

PostSubject: Re: My precioussss treasure   My precioussss treasure I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 7:03 pm

arohk wrote:

Larry

Yes, I´ve seen it in the "Books" section. The cover has another work of art but the first page and back of the book (with more of Mc Quarry´s art) are identical. That is to say, the only difference between the english and spanish versions is the cover.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: My precioussss treasure   My precioussss treasure I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 11:06 pm

Fito wrote:
arohk wrote:

Larry

Yes, I´ve seen it in the "Books" section. The cover has another work of art but the first page and back of the book (with more of Mc Quarry´s art) are identical. That is to say, the only difference between the english and spanish versions is the cover.

Very cool thanks for letting be know and yes by far the cover on yours is a great one to use, as it really does embody The Empire Strikes Back.

Larry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My precioussss treasure   My precioussss treasure I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My precioussss treasure

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1