The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

when you get your new treasure you dont like it then you start to like it. do you go thru that phase?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

when you get your new treasure you dont like it then you start to like it. do you go thru that phase? Empty
PostSubject: when you get your new treasure you dont like it then you start to like it. do you go thru that phase?   when you get your new treasure you dont like it then you start to like it. do you go thru that phase? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:24 pm

Are you like me, you win an auction or you trade or buy straight out and when you get your toy, you end up in some denial over very tiny details about your toy.

It happens to me all the time. I know it is impossible to get anything mint from the vintage years but i see it , i bid on it, i sometimes win it, then i receive the auction and i am disappointed.

Somehow my dam stupid brain is always wishing for a mint thing. I get my toy, i know what i am getting and then i look at it and i go grrrrrrrr...

paint rub, paint splash, loose joint, tape that is going off, tears in the box. I am in that mood for a while, then it goes away...and then all of a sudden i realize that i am very happy with what i got and my weird feelings about what i got goes away. Are you like that with your winnings or buying or you are just darn happy that at least got one that is decent looking.

just wondering if anyone is kinda like me, too much perfectionist for their own good on such things....

cheers!
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

when you get your new treasure you dont like it then you start to like it. do you go thru that phase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: when you get your new treasure you dont like it then you start to like it. do you go thru that phase?   when you get your new treasure you dont like it then you start to like it. do you go thru that phase? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:30 pm

Er, No! - its just YOU lol!

I think we have all felt like that when buying SW stuff & other things to, its just human nature for you to get all excited at the prospect of some really nice item, then only to find on its arrival that the one you already have is better & you are just trying to make something better that you should already be more than happy with, I often get bored when a new figure turns up & it looks to be in mint condition, then on close inspection the paint work is real sloppy as someone on the production line simply could not be bothered that day.
Back to top Go down
Tim Vader
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Tim Vader

PostSubject: Re: when you get your new treasure you dont like it then you start to like it. do you go thru that phase?   when you get your new treasure you dont like it then you start to like it. do you go thru that phase? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:59 pm

Thats why I shoot for c-8 figures Stormie Smiley

If its better, sweet! If its what I ordered, cool! If its worse, ehhh, it was cheap enough to not cry about it lol!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: when you get your new treasure you dont like it then you start to like it. do you go thru that phase?   when you get your new treasure you dont like it then you start to like it. do you go thru that phase? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 7:33 pm

I'm a bit like Tim, I don't set expectations too high so very rarely get disappointed. I kept my childhood toys in very good condition ( played with but not trashed ) & that's the level I collect to.
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: when you get your new treasure you dont like it then you start to like it. do you go thru that phase?   when you get your new treasure you dont like it then you start to like it. do you go thru that phase? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:45 am

For me its all about how much i pay and what the seller tells me
if i pay top dollars for something a seller says is mintymint i get pissed and dissapointed when its arrive as a C-8
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: when you get your new treasure you dont like it then you start to like it. do you go thru that phase?   when you get your new treasure you dont like it then you start to like it. do you go thru that phase? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

when you get your new treasure you dont like it then you start to like it. do you go thru that phase?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1